Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Ab Urbe Condita "VI" Information & Download Thread

Default Re: Ab Urbe Condita V3 Information & Download Thread

Hello guys! Congratualtion for the mod! I paly with it and I like it just the AI sometimes pretty stupid, sometimes the armys do not move or attack rebels and stay in the same place for many years. The British Tribers are also stay in their island and do nothing jsut wait, they do not even occupy the rebels's citys. And would be nice to train mercenaries in the cities just like in the extended greek mode! But I am having fun with this mod! Thanks!
    "O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti täde keimetha tois keinon rhämasi peithomenoi!"

icenii's Avatar Civis

Great mod really like it but is there a way to slow down the speed of units in the battles I know this is how they move in vanilla but still they all appear to move in a blur like Superman!!!! Thanks.
    I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii " In the game of Life Death always wins. Patience is a Virtue that takes time to acquire. The Answer is "7". No 1 wins all the time except God and he cheats.

Zipzopdippidybopbop's Avatar Barred from the Local

There ya go lads; Version 4 is uploaded! Changes have been included in the "Version History" on the main page.

Most of the bugs/crashes mentioned by you lads have been addressed. I've also added a few reskins, amendments and fixes to inconsistencies found ingame.

So without further ado - enjoy! =D

icenii's Avatar Civis

Great news especially on a Friday night, any chance it's save game compatible would really help with my Sabean campaign so do I need to uninstall previous version and if this is final version are you working on any other mods as you've done such great work with this one. Thanks again.
    I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii " In the game of Life Death always wins. Patience is a Virtue that takes time to acquire. The Answer is "7". No 1 wins all the time except God and he cheats.

Partially savegame compatible; new mercenary units and campaign changes won't be implemented, but the new units, crashfixes and major bugs should work

And I don't know - I'm trying to apply for a doctorate at the minute so once I get that issue sorted out I could always return in my spare time!

PS - Thanks for the compliment!

icenii's Avatar Civis

Ok excellent I went ahead and DL it i'll just finish up the campaigns that are running then install V4, and good luck with the Doctorate you should already have an Honorary one in modding if such were possible .

Default Re: Ab Urbe Condita V4 Information & Download Thread

Hah, the modding wasn't overly difficult - just a lot of trial and error involved =)

Thanks though!

Missed one stupid bug which means Epirus is basically unplayable; will have the amended version of V4 uploaded within the hour!

EDIT - That's the amended version uploaded. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Zipzopdippidybopbop; November 22, 2015 at 02:33 PM.

There is still a chance that it will be adding new music?

I can look into it; I know very little about what music would be "appropriate" for the mod (like what would be appropriate for battlemusic/campaign music etc).

I am very sorry that it will be unique in the music as well. After skillfully you made yourself the AUC, so skillfully you could also choose from music mode to the other ...

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Appears to be a nice mod but I've had glitches on the battle map, rams stuck on the perimeter border line when sieging and when I manage to release them I cant move them into position without starting the battle first, added to that the unit travels at a 45% angle to the ram. There was also a problem with the siege towers when trying to get unit on to the walls and also pathfinding issues with cavalry inside the city walls

Quote Originally Posted by Rambellon View Post
    Appears to be a nice mod but I've had glitches on the battle map, rams stuck on the perimeter border line when sieging and when I manage to release them I cant move them into position without starting the battle first, added to that the unit travels at a 45% angle to the ram. There was also a problem with the siege towers when trying to get unit on to the walls and also pathfinding issues with cavalry inside the city walls
    Unfortunately these are bugs with the core game rather than being mod related. I made alterations to the descr_walls.txt to at least minimise the siege tower issue, but other than that I'm afraid we're stuck with the bugs =/

Thanks for the reply, I thought that was probably the reason but wanted to double check with you. The Epirus elephant ctd that was on v3 seems to have gone on v4, I tested it on the battlefield and attacking Capua and it was fine but that bloody camera bug on ALX engine is a pain With the exception of RS2.6 & EB1.2 I play on vh/vh most of the time, I assume it's the usual AI bonuses here or do you advise another difficulty for balance. Great work with this mod btw, I'm impressed

Thanks for the reply, I thought that was probably the reason but wanted to double check with you. The Epirus elephant ctd that was on v3 seems to have gone on v4, I tested it on the battlefield and attacking Capua and it was fine but that bloody camera bug on ALX engine is a pain With the exception of RS2.6 & EB1.2 I play on vh/vh most of the time, I assume it's the usual AI bonuses here or do you advise another difficulty for balance. Great work with this mod btw, I'm impressed
    Glad the Epirus bug is gone; I was never too fussed on the ALX camera bug though

I always play VH/VH myself (never tried easier difficulties) =P

And thanks for the compliment; I'm just happy people are playing the thing and enjoying it!

icenii's Avatar Civis

So do I un- install v3 and then install v4 to same location OR do I install v4 over v3 and overwrite files if asked. Once again thanks for putting your time and effort into this.

I'm a member of the RTW Group and I often post vids & screenshots of my campaigns. If you are ok with it I will spread the word about your mod through using it for my next campaign. btw the Macedonian Korinthai Hoplitai are conspicuous by their absence and should you add them later could I suggest you change the cartoon shield if possible as imo it spoils the excellent look of the unit....love the Rhodioi Hoplitai shield though.

Quote Originally Posted by icenii View Post
    So do I un- install v3 and then install v4 to same location OR do I install v4 over v3 and overwrite files if asked. Once again thanks for putting your time and effort into this.

Overwrite or uninstall/reinstall; both work. Mind you, V3 savegames won't contain the changes inherent in V4 (will need a new campaign for that).

I'm a member of the RTW Group and I often post vids & screenshots of my campaigns. If you are ok with it I will spread the word about your mod through using it for my next campaign. btw the Macedonian Korinthai Hoplitai are conspicuous by their absence and should you add them later could I suggest you change the cartoon shield if possible as imo it spoils the excellent look of the unit....love the Rhodioi Hoplitai shield though.
    By all means; I'm glad to see someone enjoying my mod this much!

As for the Corinthian Hoplites... I could always attempt a personal amendment if you could show me what you have in mind!

The Korinthai Hoplitai don't exist, they are in description pane but the recruitment queue, as for the shield, I don't actually have anything in mind, I thought that shield looked a bit silly for a warrior and did not fit in with the rest of his kit , I thought the same when I seen it in other mods, a plain silver shield would even look better imo

*sorry, that should read NOT the recruitment queue