Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Ab Urbe Condita "VI" Information & Download Thread

Default Re: Ab Urbe Condita "VI" Information & Download Thread

The mod crashes right after executing the bat file. I have the steam version ofRome Total War Gold and the Alexander expansion, I've followed the instructions (installing the mod on alexander folder, since is steam version), but it doesn't even open, just the bat file and then crashes. Since I got windows 10, I even put the command "-ne" on steam properties, as many people suggests. The vanilla works fine!

"Mankind must establish an end to the war, or the war will establish an end to mankind" - John F. Kennedy

Zipzopdippidybopbop's Avatar Barred from the Local

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal_Scipius View Post
    The mod crashes right after executing the bat file. I have the steam version ofRome Total War Gold and the Alexander expansion, I've followed the instructions (installing the mod on alexander folder, since is steam version), but it doesn't even open, just the bat file and then crashes. Since I got windows 10, I even put the command "-ne" on steam properties, as many people suggests. The vanilla works fine!
    Hey;

Make sure your antivirus is disabled when installing the mod - antiviruses appear to falseflag my .exe as a virus and delete it (meaning the game won't launch). Also, make sure the mod is installed to the same folder as the RTW-ALX.exe folder =)

The mod is installed on alexander folder. I have darthmod installed on Rome's main folder, but since the steam version installs alexander on a different folder (unlike CD version which installs on the very same folder), I don't think it causes any conflict whatsoever. I will try to reinstall your mod with the antivirus disabled and then add the folder to the exclusion options, so the avast doesn't check your mod's folder for viruses.

@Update: I've done everything I mentioned above and the error persists. I lauch the mod, it runs the bat file and in the end then "Ab Urbe Condita" has stopped working".
    Last edited by Hannibal_Scipius; November 28, 2017 at 09:09 AM.

"Mankind must establish an end to the war, or the war will establish an end to mankind" - John F. Kennedy

Try reinstalling your Alexander, then reinstalling the mod. Make sure it is installed to Steam/steamapps/common/RTWAlexander.

PM me if the issue persists; I'll be able to help faster

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzopdippidybopbop View Post
    Try reinstalling your Alexander, then reinstalling the mod. Make sure it is installed to Steam/steamapps/common/RTWAlexander.

PM me if the issue persists; I'll be able to help faster
    I did it and still not working...

I just sent you a PM! Thanks!

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

I did it and still not working...
    If you have RTW/Alex in your programs(x86) etc, etc, try moving it out into a renamed "new folder" in your c:/drive then install AUC, nothing to lose except some time
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; November 29, 2017 at 09:12 AM. Reason: typo
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Noticed that quite a few people are encountering problems launching the exe. With some testing, I've added an alternative batch file for launch (in lieu of the exe).

If you are encountering problems launching the mod just download this alternative batch file and drag it to your installation folder. Launch the mod using it from now on.

Tested and working on the latest version. You can either download it on the first page (under Downloads) or download it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzopdippidybopbop View Post
    Noticed that quite a few people are encountering problems launching the exe.
    Does it work differently with steam then? I have AUC in my main directory NOT the Alexander folder and the launcher works just fine, no probs at all

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    Does it work differently with steam then? I have AUC in my main directory NOT the Alexander folder and the launcher works just fine, no probs at all

On the instructions, it says to install on alexander folder, for those who own the steam version. It might be the cause the mod didn't open on my PC, but it's working fine now, thanks to Zipzopdippidybopbop's assistance via PM (btw, thanks again, buddy!). Now I'm enjoying this mod and loving it!

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    I run the game off of Steam so it may have something to do with the antivirus. Perhaps people should be very careful to confirm that the installation is copied to the correct DRIVE (i.e. C/D/F) - default is C, but many installations are different.

Nonetheless, it SHOULD work as intended - but for those unfortunate few encountering problems, the batch file will work instead =)

On the instructions, it says to install on alexander folder, for those who own the steam version. It might be the cause the mod didn't open on my PC, but it's working fine now, thanks to Zipzopdippidybopbop's assistance via PM (btw, thanks again, buddy!). Now I'm enjoying this mod and loving it!
    You're very welcome; I'm glad you're enjoying it mate =D

About the laucher issue, I guess I've found why the previous bat file wasn't working.

When you right click the shortcut, you go to properties > options and then look if the option that says something like "use old console (requires restart) is checked.

I don't know, but new computers and/ or new operative systems, like windows 10, might use a new version of the launcher.
    One thing I just remembered, is that when I tried to play Lord of the Rings mod for RTW, the launcher was also a bat file and it didn't work, which was strange, since I could play it when I had my old PC (windows vista and later windows 7) and this one, 4 years old, I dind't play RTW when it had windows 8 (from factory), mas windows 10 seems to have a problem. I don't really know if that's the case, since all bat files are working fine with Medieval 2 total War mods, since the begginning.
    Last edited by Hannibal_Scipius; November 30, 2017 at 07:36 PM.

Lemunz's Avatar Libertus

my vi version didnt have the animated menus and for some reason the egypt campaign crashed everytime it finished loading and you see alexandria.

About the laucher issue, I guess I've found why the previous bat file wasn't working.

When you right click the shortcut, you go to properties > options and then look if the option that says something like "use old console (requires restart) is checked.

I don't know, but new computers and/ or new operative systems, like windows 10, might use a new version of the launcher.
    One thing I just remembered, is that when I tried to play Lord of the Rings mod for RTW, the launcher was also a bat file and it didn't work, which was strange, since I could play it when I had my old PC (windows vista and later windows 7) and this one, 4 years old, I dind't play RTW when it had windows 8 (from factory), mas windows 10 seems to have a problem. I don't really know if that's the case, since all bat files are working fine with Medieval 2 total War mods, since the begginning.
    Great discovery, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lemunz View Post
    my vi version didnt have the animated menus and for some reason the egypt campaign crashed everytime it finished loading and you see alexandria.
    Ok, let's start simple; have you installed it to the correct drive and folder (i.e. with Steam - Steam/steamapps/common etc)?

Can you take a print screen and show me the installation folder?

I have just been fiddling around with the mod.

I run it directly with a short cut (no steam; using no steam crack) to Alex.

Target: E:\Games\RTW20_AUC6_ALX\RomeTW-ALX.exe -nm -ne -mod:AUC -show_err -noalexander

The game runs fine.

I just took a look at the screenshot you posted. The game only launches when I run: "AUC Launcher.exe" (just like above; after an animated DOS command prompt).

I just realized the screenshot you posted is nothing more than the properties of a shortcut in Portuguese. There is nothing that allows you to adjust the game there like the RS3 launcher or that gives you access to replicates your preference file ... and additional stuff like formations and executable choices and campaign. Or like DarthMod for Shogun 2 which gives you many mod customization choices.

So, after thinking for a while that mine wasn't working, I realized if I see the loading screen, I am good to go.

Ha ha ha ... thanks for the confusion ... sometimes things really are that simple ... I get so used to mods being complex beasts with 50 different choices I need to make!!!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MeiguoJinjang View Post
    Ha ha ha ..... sometimes things really are that simple ...
    Technical engineer syndrome..
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; December 15, 2017 at 05:34 AM. Reason: typo

I Can't Show the City Modell of Rome

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice1987 View Post
    I Can't Show the City Modell of Rome

Could you be more specific? What is your problem exactly? =/

If you mean you can't see campaign models, that's likely a bad install. Try and reinstall the mod.

If you can't see it on the battlemap then try the same. I'd also suggest making sure your Alexander TW is also clean (perhaps you could try a re-install).

Allright lads; quick update - fixed 2 bugs in AUC VI (notably the missing texture glitch for the Rhodian/Byzantine Hoplites, and the crash when viewing Roman cities on the campaign map - when you can see the people walking about, etc).

Sorry for taking so long to notice this - you can redownload the mod on the same link as before; savegames shouldn't be affected by the re-installation =)

I just created an account to thank Zipzopdippidybopbop very much for giving us one of the best mods and probably the ultimate way to experience "vanilla" RTW

Smooth, stable, well explained and easy to install. Everything looks well-polished.

I'm at the end of a roman 200-turn campaign and I'm enjoying it a lot!

Well done, mate! Keep up the good work!

Thank you very much! Glad you're enjoying the mod! =D