Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Ab Urbe Condita "VI" Information & Download Thread

Default Re: Ab Urbe Condita "VI" Information & Download Thread

Hey Zip,

Just downloaded the Mod and tried a Macedon campaign. Looks great so far! Love the Unit Roster, the different pike tiers and so on. Great great Job!

Zipzopdippidybopbop's Avatar Barred from the Local

Quote Originally Posted by SacredBoltgun View Post
    Hey Zip,

Just downloaded the Mod and tried a Macedon campaign. Looks great so far! Love the Unit Roster, the different pike tiers and so on. Great great Job!
    I'm very glad you're enjoying it bud! I'd love to see how your game is panning out sometime. Fire some pics up on the picture thread and let me see how your campaign is progressing if you'd like!

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Hi zip, I'm a Mac user which means I need to install most mods manually, input my own command line etc. I'm able for example to play lord of the rings total war (ALX) by putting -mod:Alexander/lotrtw. However, the AUC installer doesn't put the mod inside the Alexander folder, and the AUC launcher doesn't seem to open for me.

If if you could give me some help on how to basically do this stuff manually it'd help me out to no end, thanks.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

I just downloaded RTW from steam, used to play the disk version, but it’s not working for some reason. Any how, the steam version of Alexander is now V1.91.. Is this mod compatible with the newest version? Other mods that I have tried have not been compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Hi zip, I'm a Mac user which means I need to install most mods manually, input my own command line etc. I'm able for example to play lord of the rings total war (ALX) by putting -mod:Alexander/lotrtw. However, the AUC installer doesn't put the mod inside the Alexander folder, and the AUC launcher doesn't seem to open for me.

If if you could give me some help on how to basically do this stuff manually it'd help me out to no end, thanks.
    If you are playing Rome Total War Gold then install it to the general directory, not Alexander. That might solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanDemigod2 View Post
    I just downloaded RTW from steam, used to play the disk version, but it’s not working for some reason. Any how, the steam version of Alexander is now V1.91.. Is this mod compatible with the newest version? Other mods that I have tried have not been compatible.
    Make sure it's installed to the Alexander directory (i.e. Steam/Steamapps/common/RTW Alexander). NOT the Data folder.

It is fully compatible with the latest Alexander version (I'm testing it now, for example).

Blog Entries

I have tried it in the general directory. but on Mac the data files are contained within Rome Total War>contents>resources>Data within which is data, bi and alexander. What could I put in the command line to make the mod use alexander if it's in the general directory, which I have tried but it only gives me a black screen. I can play other Alexander mods which actually go inside the Alexander folder okay, for that I just say -mod:Alexander/auc
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

I have tried it in the general directory. but on Mac the data files are contained within Rome Total War>contents>resources>Data within which is data, bi and alexander. What could I put in the command line to make the mod use alexander if it's in the general directory, which I have tried but it only gives me a black screen. I can play other Alexander mods which actually go inside the Alexander folder okay, for that I just say -mod:Alexander/auc
    Hmm. So as long as the AUC folder, exe and icon are located in the same folder (alongside bi/alexander and data) it should be ok. On Windows the normal location is simply alongside the data folder.

Is it necessary to use a command line to run the mod on Mac? Have you tried simply launching directly?

Failing all these, direct the installer to the Rome Total War>contents>resources>Data>Alexander folder and try it from there instead (with the respective command line). If that works, let me know!

Blog Entries

What does the launcher itself exactly do? And yes on Mac I need to input a command line for every mod. Btw, Mac RTW doesn't have a RomeTW.exe, RomeBI.exe or a RomeTW-ALX.exe, which I think is my problem, it works differently.
    Last edited by Zipzopdippidybopbop; October 23, 2017 at 05:43 PM.

What does the launcher itself exactly do? And yes on Mac I need to input a command line for every mod. Btw, Mac RTW doesn't have a RomeTW.exe, RomeBI.exe or a RomeTW-ALX.exe, which I think is my problem, it works differently.
    Ah! That's the problem. What is the exe called?

PS - Accidentally hit "Edit Post" on your comment, ignore it =P

Blog Entries

There's a unix executable as pose to a Microsoft one called 'Rome Total War' in contents>MacOS so I don't think that helps really :/ it itself only brings up a sort of launcher where there is a command line under 'advanced options so idk if that helps...

The thing is, I don't understand why some mods need to be in the 'Data' folder alongside data, Alexander, and bi, and others need to be inside bi and alex folders. Like I said, lotrtw works fine inside the Alex folder but AUC just gives me a black screen instead of loading, no CTD no error message even (????)

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Hello laddie's, I have no experience with Mac so unfortunately I have not got a clue how to help, I had a look around and found this http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ds-on-Mac-OS-X ... I have no idea if it helps but here's hoping
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; October 24, 2017 at 11:32 AM. Reason: typo
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Blog Entries

Thanks Saul, but I think those instructions are for the old version that mounted a dmg (basically a mac version of an exe installer I guess) to the root folder... like the data folders were literally in a separate place from the application, and you weren't really supposed to have access to them. The newest version that I now version is 1.4.2, it contains all the data inside it. I just want to know how I can make AUC run off alexander while still being outside the folder :/

Ok sorry it was no good, I had another look around and found this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaerYFivTTk maybe this will help, I will keep looking but I don't think there is much else, keeping my fingers crossed.

Any luck?

Blog Entries

No, I still just get a black screen instead of a loading screen. What does the AUC launcher do btw?

Runs an exe called AUC.exe - which in turn is linked to the RTW-ALX.exe file.

Quick question - do you have antivirus? Some antiviruses like to delete exe files they don't know much about - some people have reported the same problem with the mod. Perhaps try disabling your AV temporarily, reinstalling and trying again? Maybe check to see if AUC.exe is installed alongside the other modfiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzopdippidybopbop View Post
    Quick question - do you have antivirus? Some antiviruses like to delete exe files they don't know much about - some people have reported the same problem with the mod. Perhaps try disabling your AV temporarily, reinstalling and trying again? Maybe check to see if AUC.exe is installed alongside the other modfiles.

If you are using Windows(I have Win 7 pro x 64bit) you can always take control of your UAC/Virtual Store(link how to do this) > http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Store-Problems ...Windows has a habit of interfering with files it does not recognise, this gives you control. In the link it is set out for M2TW but it works the same for RTW, I do this for all my mods(16 atm) as I have them all in their own copy of RTW/M2TW in their own individual folders(even modfoldered mods) I also use "run as admin" when playing and where I can when installing.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; October 26, 2017 at 05:07 AM. Reason: typos

Blog Entries

I don't believe we do have much at least, in the way of AV. At any rate, any Mac AV wouldn't care about exe files as they (normally) wouldn't be able to interact with the computer. Anyway, I've been running exe files on Wine for ages now and have never had a problem like that. I think the problem is simply that since I can't use RomeALX.exe, I can't play AUC-unless I can find a way to install it in the actual Alexander folder like for example LoTRTW is, kind of forcing the game to use Alex files. Anyways, thanks for your help lads, maybe we were bait this time

I'm sorry it's been so problematic mate.

One last stab; if you find an exe relating to Alexander, rename it to RTW-ALX.exe and make sure a copy is placed alongside the AUC installation folder. Try that