Thread: Ab Urbe Condita "VI" Information & Download Thread

Zipzopdippidybopbop's Avatar Barred from the Local

Default Re: Ab Urbe Condita "VI" Information & Download Thread

Restart =/

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzopdippidybopbop View Post
    Restart =/
    I've got my next 3 episodes queued up, np I can retrace my steps on the 1st published LP and continue on again, also can I overwrite or do I need to reinstall?
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; October 03, 2017 at 04:44 AM.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Reinstall preferably.

Very sorry for the hassle mate - but you'll enjoy the changes.

VI has been re-released; apologies again.

The changes/bugfixes I forgot to implement are now included, so in addition to the original perks/benefits of VI you now have;

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    - New strat textures (based on Prometheus') for all ports; every culture (Roman/Eastern/Carthaginian/Egyptian/Greek/Barbarian) now have their own proper strat models, which complement the originals by Prometheus rather well.
    - Argive, Corinthian, Byzantine and Rhodian hoplite shield textures fixed.
    - Decorative Feathers added to Seleucid Argyraspide helmets (Silver Shield Pikemen).
    - New Noble Cavalry skins for Spain and Gaul.
    - New General skin for Gaul and Britons (Briton skin is located in the optional download).
    - Terrain around Rhodes lowered (now you can actually see the city on the campaign map).

Both VI and the British general install links are up to date. Simply download again off of Mod.db (download links are in the 1st post).

Eyo'

I can't get AUC VI to run properly. After installing I get an error message after using the desktop shortcut. Something like, "The item AUC Launcher.exe that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly." What is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by ctk555 View Post
    I can't get AUC VI to run properly. After installing I get an error message after using the desktop shortcut. Something like, "The item AUC Launcher.exe that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly." What is going on?
    Im so confused, this is what is happening: I install AUC VI using the installer, I use the desktop shortcut to launch the game, the game launches fine the first time after install, I exit the game, upon trying to run AUC VI for the second time (using the desktop shortcut) is when I get this error message: "The item AUC Launcher.exe that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly." The AUC application file disappears from the Alexander total war game folder after I launch AUC for the first time. This is so bizarre. Please help. Is there something I can enter directly into the launch options for Alexander total war on steam to get AUC VI to run? I love this mod and want to play version VI. Thanks for any help that anyone can provide.

You are using the Alexander expansion right? Sounds like an incorrect install but first 1)try deleting your desktop icon, then go to your directory/launcher, right click and send a "shortcut to desktop" and try again, if this fails 2)uninstall AUC using the uninstaller in the directory and reinstall again, if this fails 3)it could be a corrupt download so re-download AUC and repeat 2).

Edit: the above is for the physical copy of RTW/BI/ALX. if you are a steam user the solution may be different, but still worth a try.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; October 04, 2017 at 01:32 AM. Reason: update

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    You are using the Alexander expansion right? Sounds like an incorrect install but first 1)try deleting your desktop icon, then go to your directory/launcher, right click and send a "shortcut to desktop" and try again, if this fails 2)uninstall AUC using the uninstaller in the directory and reinstall again, if this fails 3)it could be a corrupt download so re-download AUC and repeat 2).

Edit: the above is for the physical copy of RTW/BI/ALX. if you are a steam user the solution may be different, but still worth a try.
    thanks for replying friend. I am using the steam install of alexander total war. Its weird because the first attempt at opening AUC VI using the desktop shortcut works fine, its the 2nd attempt in which I get that error message. I do have invasio barbarorum installed, which is a mod for barbarian invasion so maybe that could be causing issues. I've tried to reinstall AUC VI many many times and continue to get the same error message.

thanks for replying friend. I am using the steam install of alexander total war. Its weird because the first attempt at opening AUC VI using the desktop shortcut works fine, its the 2nd attempt in which I get that error message. I do have invasio barbarorum installed, which is a mod for barbarian invasion so maybe that could be causing issues. I've tried to reinstall AUC VI many many times and continue to get the same error message.
    If you have IBFD 7(7.03 upgrade) this may well interfere with your install but as it replaces the BI file folder i'm trying to figure out why. You could try putting AUC in your ALX directory then add -no alexander or -no alexander -mod:AUC in the target line, I don't use steam so I can't guarantee this will work. Chris(Zipzopdippidybopbop) is most likely have an answer for this and will probably reply once he reads this.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; October 04, 2017 at 02:20 AM.

If you have IBFD 7(7.03 upgrade) this will interfere with your install.
    Ahhhh that's exactly what I have. After all the times I tried to install AUC VI and seeing on this forum that other players were having no issues I figured it could possibly be invasio barbarorum. Thanks so much for the replies good sir. I'll uninstall IBFD and hopefully that fixes my issue. I'll post an update.

I would like to thank the AUC mod author for this mod, it's a fantastic piece of work.

Ahhhh that's exactly what I have. After all the times I tried to install AUC VI and seeing on this forum that other players were having no issues I figured it could possibly be invasio barbarorum. Thanks so much for the replies good sir. I'll uninstall IBFD and hopefully that fixes my issue. I'll post an update.
    Sorry friend I edited this reply while you were probably answering it, could you look again please

Sorry friend I edited this reply while you were probably answering it, could you look again please
    Okay thanks mate I'll be sure to try that also, it's currently 3am in the USA so I'll try it when I wake up in the morning, I'll be in touch. Thanks for your help.

If it doesn't work the 2nd time your antivirus may have deleted/quarantined the .exe (they're super touchy that way). Try disabling your antivirus, reinstalling and testing to see if that's the problem. If it is, add an exception to it in your antivirus control center.

Ah, just read Saul Tyre's response. Thanks mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzopdippidybopbop View Post
    If it doesn't work the 2nd time your antivirus may have deleted/quarantined the .exe (they're super touchy that way). Try disabling your antivirus, reinstalling and testing to see if that's the problem. If it is, add an exception to it in your antivirus control center.
    Here is another useful tip that I have done, as windows has a habit of causing problems with downloaded mod files by seeing them as a threat, take control of the virtual store/UAC, this link is for M2TW but works the same for RTW http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Store-Problems also try this, copy & paste your vanilla game from programs(x86) to a "new folder" in your c:/drive(open the rtw folder hit ctrl+A to highlight all the files then right click on them to copy) rename it to whatever you like then install your mod, it leaves a fresh untouched install of vanilla for all the mods you want, I have 16/17 mods all in their own folders done this way and rarely had a problem.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; October 04, 2017 at 10:24 AM. Reason: typos

Update: hey guys, I've got it working now. Allowing the AUC launcher through my firewall fixed the issue. Thanks for all your help, and thanks zipzop for all your work on this mod. Its alot of fun, I've been playing AUC since 5.1 and I love this mod. Great balance between vanilla rome and europa barbarorum. Great job!

Update: hey guys, I've got it working now.
    Well done I'm pleased for you

You're very welcome

Hey, amazing work man, nice to see Rome 1 mods still in development in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCataphract View Post
    Hey, amazing work man, nice to see Rome 1 mods still in development in 2017.
    Thank you! It's a well loved game and I still enjoy it, so why not continue to develop and mod the thing? =P

Hope the mod gives you the same enjoyment!