Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Ab Urbe Condita "VI" Information & Download Thread

Zipzopdippidybopbop's Avatar Barred from the Local

Default Re: Ab Urbe Condita V4 Information & Download Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rambellon View Post
    *sorry, that should read NOT the recruitment queue
    The Corinthians are in the roster; only available in Corinth though =P

Also I'll have a look around, see what I can do about their shields.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

I'm sorry I think you are misunderstanding me, before I play a mod I test the some factions through Rome shell cheat to get information on their upgrades/build tree time of growth ect. I tested Macedon in Corinth and I could not recruit Korinthai Hoplitai because they do not exit in the recruitment queue even although their name is in the description pane.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	corinth.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	256.4 KB 
ID:	333420 I don't know if I have done this attachment correctly but hopefully you can see it.

Ahh I see now. They were only supposed to be recruitable for the Greek Cities (while remaining mercenary for the various other factions). Only needs a simple EDB fix

Attachment 333693 This is a weird one, I've never came across it in any game (vanilla or mod). They were originally stuck on the red battle start line and I could not reposition them anywhere. I had to start the battle before they released and I was sending them round to the other side to ram the gateway and wall and they drove straight through the nearest wall without knocking anything down.

Laetus

Default Re: Ab Urbe Condita V3 Information & Download Thread

May I congratulate you on this mod; it's the best I have seen on these forums. I've spent ages searching for a mod I can stick with like I stuck with the original RS2, but really what I wanted was something which keeps the essence of vanilla. I loved RS2 but a campaign felt like a chore... I'm a real history nerd who comes for the history but I STILL found the frankly anal complexity tiring. When I lost the campaign, I was demoralised and left rtw for years.

now for some reason this mod is exactly what I wanted Rome 2 to be... I feel like it's actually the ancient world, history hasn't been butchered, but- I know what all the units are immediately; it retains the simplicity and charm of the original game.

it is such a struggle to find a total conversion mod (for any game in fact) that appreciates a bit of subtlety- to change every aspect, but not too much.

once again, well done 😀

Not a problem; glad you enjoy it =)

Zipzop, when in the mod's description it says "Incorporating Mundus Magnus, RS2 graphical improvements, new city strat models, new factions, improved animations, an AOR mercenary system...", what's Mundus Magnus? And R2 and AOR stand for?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigur Rós View Post
    Zipzop, when in the mod's description it says "Incorporating Mundus Magnus, RS2 graphical improvements, new city strat models, new factions, improved animations, an AOR mercenary system...", what's Mundus Magnus? And R2 and AOR stand for?
    Mundus Magnus is a map overhaul for the vanilla game; it expands the campaign map to include all of the British Isles, the southern tip of Scandinavia and the Far East (including the western edge of India). RS2 = Roma Surrectum II (popular mod for RTW at present), and AOR stands for Area of Recruitment - it means that some units can be recruited by multiple factions in a particular region or zone (for example, Rome and some barbarian factions can recruit Spanish Scutarii in Spain).

Hope that helps!

Lemunz's Avatar Libertus

just wondering if playing huge unit sizes affects mod stability. thanks.

Hi,

just installed the newest version of AUC. I already love the earlier version a lot. However now my system prints me this error when starting AUC (via Steam oder via .bat, doesn't matter):

"Rome Total War failed to find DirectX 9, wich is required for the game to run. Please reinstall DirectX."

Well, I played Rome on the older version of AUC a few days ago and tested it right know again and it worked fine. Also the main game of Alexander starts without any problems. My OS is Windows 10. I already tried to install Dx9 but that resulted in "You already have a new version of DirectX installed. Installation is not necessary.". I also tried compatibility modes. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzopdippidybopbop View Post
    Ahh I see now. They were only supposed to be recruitable for the Greek Cities (while remaining mercenary for the various other factions). Only needs a simple EDB fix
    I changed greek to greek_cities for the faction for the three occurrences of Corinthian hoplites in my copy.
    I hope this is correct.

@Lemunz - nah mate, I play it on HUGE settings too!

@ByteXx - glad you got it sorted!

@Gaius Julius Caesar II - Yep that should do it!

Hello everybody,

hope it is the right thread.
    I am playing AUC with Rome. Everytime when the biggest port is finished the game crashes (CTD). Tried it in Rome and Capua.
    Does anybody know, what the problem could be?

Instead of this: great mod!!!

Gildenmeister

Hello everybody, hope this is the right thread.
    I am playing AUC with Rome. Everytime I finished the biggest Harbour, the game crashes (CTD). Tried it at Rome and Capua.
    Does anybody knows what the problem could be?

Instead of this: great mod

Gildenmeister

Odd; I'll have a look into it and see....

I really like this mod because it improves vanilla gameplay and doesn't overhaul everything/make everything too micro-intensive. I have noticed a couple bugs though: 1) the AIs for the Britons, Thrace and Numidia don't do anything, they just sit around in their starting cities until they are killed and don't even go after rebel settlements 2) you can't view settlements on the battle map, not that this is particularly necessary but it is still a nice feature from the original game 3) reinforcements never arrive on the battle map, at least for the AI.

It would also be nice gameplay-wise if there was difference between the Roman stage 2 and 3 barracks after the reforms.

Excellent game but just to say one thing to be finally fixed. Why the roman faction in the year 280 b.c, it's call "The Roman Empire" and not "Roman Republic"? For history accuracy instead, should be fixed and renamed as "The Roman Republic". Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gildenmeister View Post
    Hello everybody, hope this is the right thread.
    I am playing AUC with Rome. Everytime I finished the biggest Harbour, the game crashes (CTD). Tried it at Rome and Capua.
    Does anybody knows what the problem could be?

Instead of this: great mod

Gildenmeister
    @all: somebody told me, what the problem is: if there is a fleet in the harbour or you build a ship in the same round, you get the ctd. Without it, there is no problem.

G.