Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports, Crashes & General Help Thread

Zipzopdippidybopbop's Avatar Barred from the Local

Default Bug Reports, Crashes & General Help Thread

In the title; if you discover a bug or crash ingame please post it here and I'll see what I can do to sort it out

Also, if anybody has issues running the mod or installing it correctly ask here and I'll do what I can to help!

Default Re: Bug Reports, Crashes & General Help Thread

Whenever I try to start a campaign it brings me to the faction selection screen then back to the imperial Provence campaign selection page. How do I fix this?

Check out the main thread, someone just had this problem and fixed it.

If you are using steam, try launching from the AUC_launcher.

I noticed an old error.To obtain senatorial offices have changed levels for trait TurnsAlive from 1 to 4 not 8,12,etc. as now in game.Sorry for my english.

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Marcius Rex View Post
    I noticed an old error.To obtain senatorial offices have changed levels for trait TurnsAlive from 1 to 4 not 8,12,etc. as now in game.Sorry for my english.
    I'm sorry, but I don't understand. Do you mean the settings in export_descr_character_traits? They appear fine to me.....

The turns are set to high, to make sure that the characters are slightly older when they receive public office. It kinda fits the historical "Cursus Honorum" - i.e. with most Roman politicians needing to be aged over 30 before they could hold any civic posts. Of course there were exceptions (i.e. Pompeius Magnus) but for the most part this rule was upheld.

Trait TurnsAlive has four levels.In export_descr_character_traits appears
    for example "TurnsAlive >12" which is impossible.

How so? I thought the "12" corresponds to 12 years in game. The political offices all work like....

If you can test your changes for me, and if it works better I will include it into the next release (and credit you for bugfixes)

I tested and it works.Proposal for change in export_descr_character_traits:

;------------------------------------------
    Trigger Elected_Quaestor
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnStart

Condition FactionType romans_scipii
    and AgentType = family
    and Trait TurnsAlive < 2
    and Attribute Influence > 0
    and Trait Quaestor < 1
    and Trait notQuaestor < 1

Affects Quaestor 1 Chance 50

Trigger Elected_Aedile

and AgentType = family
    and Trait TurnsAlive > 1
    and Trait TurnsAlive < 3
    and Attribute Influence > 1
    and Attribute Management > 0
    and Trait Aedile < 1
    and Trait notAedile < 1

Affects Aedile 1 Chance 50

Trigger Elected_Praetor

and AgentType = family
    and Trait TurnsAlive > 1
    and Trait TurnsAlive < 3
    and Attribute Influence > 2
    and Attribute Management > 1
    and Trait Praetor < 1
    and Trait notPraetor < 1
    and Trait notAedile > 0

Affects Praetor 1 Chance 50

Trigger Elected_Consul

and AgentType = family
    and Trait TurnsAlive > 2
    and Attribute Influence > 3
    and Attribute Command > 1
    and Trait Consul < 1
    and Trait notConsul < 1

Affects Consul 1 Chance 50

Trigger Elected_Censor

and AgentType = family
    and Trait TurnsAlive > 3
    and Attribute Influence > 4
    and Attribute Management > 2
    and Trait Censor < 1
    and Trait notCensor < 1

Affects Censor 1 Chance 50

Trigger Elected_PontifexMaximus

and AgentType = family
    and Trait TurnsAlive > 3
    and Attribute Influence > 3
    and Trait PontifexMaximus < 1
    and Trait notPontifexMaximus < 1

Affects PontifexMaximus 1 Chance 50
    Also trait TurnsAlive will look like (think Threshold 28 corresponds to 14 years)

Trait TurnsAlive
    Characters family

Level Youth
    Description Youth_desc
    EffectsDescription Youth_effects_desc
    Threshold 1

Effect HitPoints 1

Level Middle_Aged
    Description Middle_Aged_desc
    EffectsDescription Middle_Aged_effects_desc
    Threshold 28

Effect MovementPoints -1

Level Senior_Citizen
    Description Senior_Citizen_desc
    EffectsDescription Senior_Citizen_effects_desc
    Threshold 48

Effect MovementPoints -2
    Effect HitPoints -1

Level Elderly
    Description Elderly_desc
    EffectsDescription Elderly_effects_desc
    Threshold 68

Effect MovementPoints -3
    Effect HitPoints -2

Trait Turnsalive >2 for CONSUL? How does that work? In effect, a character could become Consul at the age of 16/17! Nevermind the Censor/Pontifex Maximus/Aedile/Quaestor etc.

The Turnsalive has been set to high so that any character must be in around their 30s when they can receive such public offices.

Sorry for the misunderstanding but TurnsAlive indicates certain stages of life:youth from 16 to 30 years ,middle_aged from 30 to 40, senior_citizen from 40 to 50 and elderly from 50 to death.Threshold 28 for example signify 14 years from the age of 16.A character could become consul at the age of 40.

Foederatus

hi liking this mod and would like to try it but everytime i try to play it it crashes my laptop i know my laptop can handle it as every other mod ive played just this one wont it launches takes 5 mins to launch the screen that shows when first opening game and then it just freezes

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Hi, I have come across some serious inner city pathfinding problems, especially with cavalry, but I guess that's down to the base game which always had that prob. very good, impressive & enjoyable mod though

icenii's Avatar Civis

Great Mod and thanks for all the work done on it, just had a few issues in my Saba campaign 1 battle CTD with Error message Failed to Find Texture, AUC/data/models_unit/textures/EBUNIT_SPW_GREEK_TAXEIS_HOPLITE_EPIRUS.TGA Also in same campaign when I captured the town of Carana in Arabian peninsula it had a unit of Pontic Heavy Cav stationed there which I think was a little strange and it also had both a wooden palisade and stone wall already constructed but there was also a wooden wall in construction panel but was greyed out and unable to select. In the town of Ubar also in Arabian peninsula there are 2 militia barracks in construction panel with 1 greyed out. In my Rome campaign I got the victory message but no video played there was just a black box where I thought the video should appear. Still an excellent mod and very enjoyable hope you can fix these minor issues.
    I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii " In the game of Life Death always wins. Patience is a Virtue that takes time to acquire. The Answer is "7". No 1 wins all the time except God and he cheats.

Quote Originally Posted by icenii View Post
    Great Mod and thanks for all the work done on it, just had a few issues in my Saba campaign 1 battle CTD with Error message Failed to Find Texture, AUC/data/models_unit/textures/EBUNIT_SPW_GREEK_TAXEIS_HOPLITE_EPIRUS.TGA Also in same campaign when I captured the town of Carana in Arabian peninsula it had a unit of Pontic Heavy Cav stationed there which I think was a little strange and it also had both a wooden palisade and stone wall already constructed but there was also a wooden wall in construction panel but was greyed out and unable to select. In the town of Ubar also in Arabian peninsula there are 2 militia barracks in construction panel with 1 greyed out. In my Rome campaign I got the victory message but no video played there was just a black box where I thought the video should appear. Still an excellent mod and very enjoyable hope you can fix these minor issues.
    Aye the Arabian Peninsula issues were all addressed for the upcoming release (i.e. proper temples there, the Pontic cavalry and stone/wooden walls).

The Greek Militia/Taxeis hoplite issue is odd though... will look into it!

icenii's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzopdippidybopbop View Post
    Aye the Arabian Peninsula issues were all addressed for the upcoming release (i.e. proper temples there, the Pontic cavalry and stone/wooden walls).

The Greek Militia/Taxeis hoplite issue is odd though... will look into it!
    Thanks for looking into the issue it involved fighting that Rebel stack that sits outside Axum, the one with 4/5 elephant units in it, ended up auto resolving and losing whole stack just to get past the CTD, thought I might have missed a file while DL but checked and DL size matches what was on Moddb, as for the Eastern buildings/units showing up in the Arabian peninsula that just looked odd but wasn't causing any problems, I just went back and demolished whichever buildings I could still a really great campaign.
    I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii " In the game of Life Death always wins. Patience is a Virtue that takes time to acquire. The Answer is "7". No 1 wins all the time except God and he cheats.

Quote Originally Posted by icenii View Post
    I recently finished my first campaign using this version 4 of this mod which I think is great.

Playing as the Sabaeans I found the Pontic Heavy Cavalry to still be in the town of Carna. I presume that it should be Beduin Camel Cavalry.

And there was no victory video on the Sabaean short campaign victory screen although there was victory music.

Lemunz's Avatar Libertus

hi guys im like 100 turns in and im getting lag during battles in my rome campaign fighting the greek states(more like an empire) it seems their ballista are getting stuck during deployment. battles are unplayable versus them atm.

Update: AUC Platinum has now been released. Most bugs have been ironed out (or at least, I've ATTEMPTED to iron them out). People experiencing problems with prior versions should try the latest version and post here if problems persist.

Cheers!

Lemunz's Avatar Libertus

just downloaded v5 but still to early gamewise to know if the game breaking bug is still there. it involved some ballista units not spawning(deploy) within the battlefield, thus it created insane lag for my battles. i was playing on huge. was wondering what to do about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast