Thread: DLV end turn unspecified error

Default DLV end turn unspecified error

Hi everyone. Love this mod, can't imagine playing any others! But have a persistent problem.

Here's my log:
    20:04:22.031 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    20:04:22.031 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    20:04:22.031 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    20:04:22.031 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    20:04:22.031 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    20:04:22.031 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    20:04:22.031 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    20:04:22.031 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    20:04:27.210 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/DLV_ext/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 15207, column 46
    trigger not found
    20:05:57.180 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Keeps crashing during the end turn sequence, usually about 3-4 times per turn and EVERY turn (I save mid-turn to try to get through the sequence). Really annoying problem but I noticed other people had this problem before. Wondering if anybody fixed it?

I've disabled UAC and tried the one-name witches removal thing. The latter worked for about 10 turns but things are pretty bad right now. Really don't want to lose my game or ditch the mod.

I'm in the early 13th century as well and playing with a Windows 10 machine. Also had this problem on Windows 8 and 7 though.

Default Re: DLV end turn unspecified error

I also have a 'fatal error' crash occurring after battles. Says my graphics settings are set too high, despite the fact I got my laptop just last year and my old laptop could play this on the highest settings fine.

Advice/solutions appreciated.

See what's at that line in that file.

Newer computer don't always run older games better.

Maybe it's a driver issue.

I checked the line and it seemed to be in order but to be honest the more major issue now for me is the fatal graphics error CTD that happens after battles. It keeps asking me to lower my graphics settings and I do but the error still appears.

Does it happen all the time or only sometimes? I know it happened to me sometimes so I had to replay a few battles.

Dapacem; I had the same problem with Babarrum (sp) 2. In downloaded "Large Address Aware" and added the launch application to it. it's working fine now.

I tried doing the samething and after I apply the LAA the game doesnt start up, It was when trying to play bellum crusis (bad mod) tho, so thats no longer an issue

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

A few hints to have less crashes in the game (DLV-BB):
    - play on standard and lower graphic settings - especially for battles;
    - save your game before any battle;
    - switch ON the "autosave" - very frequently a crash happens after the turn, but the autosave works before the crash, so you're saved.

----------

To report on my experience on this issue from the last build: DLV 6.2 + BB 4.36 + Western Overhaul + 2H models fix; played 39 turns. I've played on 50'' screen with a good i7 computer with a good GTX970M graphic card. In other games it function flawless.

The main problem was graphics, in particular the resolution during the battles. I've used UHD (3840x2160). At the beginning there're no issues, I've played one simple battle without a crash. Then, however, I've got a serious crash after a bigger battle (still 1x1 armies) - at the moment when there was a switch back from battle to campaign mode. I've tried this battle a dozen of times in different configurations, and I was able to finish it only in XGA (1024x784) mode.
    The next results were mixed: in some battles there was a crash at the end, in some not. I didn't want to play all the time with that low resolution so I used (after the trials) the HD (1920x1080) settings both for the battles and campaigns, but everytime I'd start the battle, I would first start-withdraw-finish for trial if there'd be a crash (surprisingly, I haven't experienced more). (with this method theremight be a problem if the AI attacks you, but I didn't get to such situation).

Besides, I've got a few crashes after the end of a turn, but it occured after the game made autosave, so could play on (even though it's after more crashes annoying). However, 1.) I've played only 39 turns, 2.) it occured also with the other mods so it might have something to do with the Win10 changes in August 2017.

I've also experienced one CTD when trying to merge two units by sliding one over the other. When I used the keyboard command (marking both and then pressing m), it worked without CTD.

I'm going to play DLV more so I might update this entry in future.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; August 26, 2017 at 01:00 AM.