Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627

Thread: paleologos workshop link

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Default Re: paleologos workshop link

Please forgive the delayed response.

I am currently logged in from someone else's laptop.
    My PC has broken down, probably can be fixed through windows installation repair but I have not had the time to deal with it due to increased workload at work - I had to stand in for collegues taking their summer vacation - and also due to moving to a different appartment.

I will keep your request in mind and notify you when the upload has been made.
    I hope you can be patient.

No rush, I can wait.
    DCI: Last Alliance: Unit maker. Proud member of The Imperial House of Hader

I am making available my files of Byzantine Noble House heraldry.

Here is a link.

Here is a preview.

I have an announcement:

It is very unlikely that I will make any more models or textures for a game, any game.
    I have decided to upload all of the material I kept as resources so that I can delete it fro my PC.

Here are the links to the uploaded packages.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    00_PhotoResources.rar

This file contains images of medieval and ancient warriors and photographs of reenactors.
    The images gave me ideas and guidance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    01_Books-&-Docs.rar

This file contains images books and documents related to modelling and computer games.

02-01_Resourses_Texturing_Padded_Armour.rar

What the name says.

02-02_Resources_Texturing_ChainMail_Armour.rar

What the name says.

02-03_Resources_Texturing_ScaleMail_Armour.rar

What the name says.

02-04_Resources_Texturing_Lamellar_Armour.rar

What the name says.

02-05_Resourses_Texturing_Jack-o-Plates_Armour.rar

What the name says, I wasn't able to make good on these resources.

02-06_Resources_Texturing_Transitional_Armour.rar

What the name says.

02-07_Resources_Texturing_Plate_Armour.rar

What the name says.

02-08_Resources_Texturing_Middle-&_Near_East_Armour.rar

What the name says, I wasn't able to make good on these resources.

02-10_Resources_Heraldry.rar

Image files that I gathered over the years to put together my shield textures.

02-11_Resources_Weapons-&-Equipment.rar

Source and resource files for swords, spears, axes, bows, crossbows and other stuff.

02-13_Resources_Shields_Kite.rar

Source and resource files for all of my kite or teardop shaped shields.

02-14_Resources_Shields_AllOtherTypes.rar

If the shields are not round or kite, then they are here.

02-12_Resources_Targa-Celtic-Round_Shields.rar

02-15_Resources_paleologos_round_shields_01.rar

02-15_Resources_paleologos_round_shields_02.rar

02-16_Resources_paleologos_round_shields_Islamic.rar

02-17_Resources_paleologos_round_shields_Norse.rar

02-18_Resources_paleologos_round_shields_Slavic.rar

02-19_Resources_paleologos_round_shields_Fantasy.rar

02-20_Resources_paleologos_round_shields_various.rar

The packages in this segment contain source and resource files for round shield textures.

03_Resources_3D.rar

Here are only models, not all of them appropriate for M2TW.

04_mounts.rar

Some files for horse related models and textures, these are not my work.

05_01_paleologos_Byz_Resources_Levies_Conclusives.rar

Source and resource files for textures and models for my finalized byzantine levies.

05_02_paleologos_Byz_Resources_Other_ByzWorks.rar

Source and resource files for something byzantine...(bear with me, more than 10 years worth of files in all of these packages here)

05_03_paleologos_Byz_Resources_ProgressBodyTextures.rar

Source and resource files for textures for the bodies of my byzantine soldier models.

05_04_paleologos_Byz_Resources_ProgressSartorialTextures.rar

Source and resource files for textures for the byzantine peasant clothes.

06_Mailed_Frankish_MAA.rar

Source and resource files for my first, rather unremarkable, attempt at Norman style knights.

07_Mailed_Frankish_MAA_II.rar

Source and resource files for the models that estblished me in the TWC modelling scene.

08_Highlanders.rar

The name says it, here be source and resource files with which I made my models for Scottish highlanders.
    I believe, there are also some files, both textures and models, for kilt clad highland troops that I did not publish, namely low tier pikemen and Gallowglaich.
    But to get to those you will need to sift through the proverbial haystack.

09_01_Texture_Resources_Catholic_Troops.rar

09_02_Texture-WiPs_Catholic_Troops.rar

Source files for the unarmored version of my catholic peasant levies including files that led up to the final models but were not included in them.
    Two packages, yes that many...

09_03_en_peasant_padded.rar

Source files for my more recent models including unarmored and padded versions.

09_04_Euro-Militia-&-Sergeants.rar

Alright Pay Attention!!!
    This is a very special case!!!

The models in this file have not been released but I have teased them to the community here.
    They are
    my most recent and more sophisticated models and they include material for a mailed version of urban militia and feudal troops.

Look out for GIMP files that have in their name the words "AllMaps_MasterFile".
    A version of skins with mail armor exists and it will be relativly easy to adapt the included models to use the mail texture.
    So as for the Feudal sergeants and the urban militias to have a baseline padded version and a chainmail upgrade.

You will need to be able to handle GIMP, work in layers and know the basics for making skins, both diffuse maps and normal maps for M2TW models.
    And of course you will need to know how to use milkshape to "doctor" models.

I really hope at least one of you will put them together and upload them for the community.
    If so, post some in-game screenshots and leave a notification on my "wall".

10_01_Resources_Texturing_Figure_Body_Parts.rar

Textures suitable for the bodies of figures, clotherd, armored, or bare skin.

10_02_Resources_Texturing_Clothes.rar

Here be textures for cloth, fabric, a variety of textiles and if memory serves some image for creases.

10_03_Resources_Texturing_Various.rar

I don't remember what's in there.

10_04_Resources_Texturing_Metal.rar

The name says all.

10_05_Resources_Texturing_Leather-&-Parchment.rar

The name says all, the package is large.

10_06_Resources_Texturing_OtherMaterials.rar

The name says all, the "other materials" are not many in this case.

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

That's a great repository of resources for modders, well done!

I have an announcement:

It is very unlikely that I will make any more models or textures for a game, any game.
    I have decided to upload all of the material I kept as resources so that I can delete it fro my PC.
    I hope everything is alright on your end.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

It's nice of you to give all this to the community. Thanks !
    Can I possibly draw from it for the SSHIP mod ?

@ Akar:
    The rar files together are 14 Gigabyte, so you can imagine how large the uncompressed files will be.
    But not all of it is useful, one will have to sift through them to separate chaff from wheat.
    I am as well as I can be, I just need to go what adult men ought to do.

@ kostic:
    Absolutely!
    Use as much of it as you possibly can, that's why I uploaded them.

Ideally:

1st: You will finish the padded armor ug0 of the urban spear militia with sprites, thumbnails and UI icons and whatever else (I don't remember) a consummate model requires. (They look like this.)

2nd: You will doctor that model into the padded armor ug0 of urban archer and cross bow militia, the skins for all factions exist. (weapon models can be found in the ug0 models of levy archer and cross bow militia)

3rd: You will doctor the above models with the kite shields and the more colorful skins that I have made into the feudal sergeants, mounted sergeants, war bowmen and sergeant crossbowmen.

4rth: If you are savvy with the intricacies of milkshape you will be able to modify the UV mapping of the model to make the chain mail ug1 for all the above models.
    And by the way you, will find in my files this model:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Use the torso and the upper part of the arms from this model and merge it with all the other parts (this coif is the best) from the models from the previous 3 steps.
    You will find that the master file for the skins also has scale armor textures.
    It would mean a lot to me if I saw in-game screenshots of the above possibilities.

Not to mention, the basic versions of the above models can be adapted to replace a very large number of vanilla unit models, for example hobilars, bretton merc cavalry, or the mercenary macemen of SS and most notably all those pole arm militias.
    Last edited by paleologos; September 19, 2022 at 06:35 PM.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

I can not make any promise.
    I'm having a hard time finding time to mod right now. My days go by so quickly with so much to do in real life !
    I've bookmarked your downloads page in my browser. But I also have my own aesthetic vision and since I work with Photoshop, I'm not sure I can read all your Gimp files.
    Your work has been extraordinary and I am really impressed by the amount of archives put online. I am much less professional than you for that. Cheer !

Some goofing around:

Simonetta chilling out...

Nice, good to see people posting their artwork and not limiting them to gaming themes.

I was looking for some new wallpapers (Lion-&-Cub)) and one of the images that came up was this:

Since it was rather small for my desktop I kept looking and -among other images- I found a photoshoped version of the same image:

I liked the second one better but I wanted more blue in mine, so:

Last edited by paleologos; December 09, 2022 at 08:01 PM.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The image below is titled "State of Modding".

Marble Emperor's Avatar Tiro

Just saw the most recent posts on this thread when I came to check for updates on your work. It saddens me that you've retired from modelling. Your work is terrific though, and I appreciate your donations to the community. Hope to see you around the forums still.

LOL I grew old with TWC and quit a few times but I found my way back here anyways. I don't have much energy left to do much modding, but I still do sometimes. Greatest of luck to you Paleologos!
    Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    The image below is titled "State of Modding".

DCI: Last Alliance: Unit maker. Proud member of The Imperial House of Hader

Thanks guys!

Announcement to all fans of my work:

When you attempt to download something that I am hosting in my google drive and google says you cannot because of a security upgrade or something, I receive an email about it and update the links, so don't get disappointed and try again later.