Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: getting flash backs from the rome 2 development period

Hamata's Avatar Civis

Default getting flash backs from the rome 2 development period

so im getting flash backs from the rome 2 development period first they hype it up and release a bunch of cinematic videos then they go silent then they announce we are cutting X feature because reasons

im staying vigilant with this one is anyone else feeling the same?

and please dont turn this into a rant fest :/
    Last edited by Hamata; October 03, 2015 at 08:50 PM.

Chris P. Bacon's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: getting flash backs from the rome 2 development period

Its basic marketing to build up hype, Rome II was some shady but CA has started to make it less so.

Also what features did they announce then cut?

Did they cut features in Rome 2? I forget, I remember them just not talking about features at all that they weren't going to do. And then the game being low quality at release.

Hamata's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon View Post
    Its basic marketing to build up hype, Rome II was some shady but CA has started to make it less so.

well previous total wars have had standard bears/officers and now Calvary cant dismount when they could in rome 2/shogun 2

A couple things were announced early and later cut in Rome 2. CA has simply announced less for Warhammer so chances far less likely to hear announced features are cut. It is mostly a different team for Warhammer so hopefully people who are the same can share lessons learned.

Zephyrus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Is Warhammer going to use that stupid Imperium system limiting armies?
    SEMPER FIDELIS Remember Constantinople Κωνσταντινούπολη

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrus View Post
    Something similar where Lords or Hero/agent are required. So maybe a small amount of flexibility but maximum armies numbers would require agents to be moving armies around instead of doing agent tasks but perhaps an agent could pick up some units and transfer them to another army in a few turns and go back to doing agent stuff.

Aquila_Mars's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrus View Post
    I think the imperium system is in (heaven help us...) but I remember reading in "how the lords work" thing that you could make an army out of lords. So what I get from that is, if you have 2 lords or more in an army maybe you could use them to split troops to transport between armies instead of... you know... having to move the entire army. Honestly that'd solve one of my biggest issues with rome 2. That I wasn't able to split portions of armies without creating new armies that were forever around etc.

We'll see.
    Last edited by Aquila_Mars; October 04, 2015 at 04:04 AM.
    LET US SHOOT THE BOOT, MAKE THE TOPHAT GO MOOT

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

LordInvictus's Avatar Semisalis
    In California in the USA on Earth in the Solar System in the Milky Way

Quote Originally Posted by Aquila_Mars View Post
    I think the imperium system is in (heaven help us...) but I remember reading in "how the lords work" thing that you could make an army out of lords. So what I get from that is, if you have 2 lords or more in an army maybe you could use them to split troops to transport between armies instead of... you know... having to move the entire army. Honestly that'd solve one of my biggest issues with rome 2. That I wasn't able to split portions of armies without creating new armies that were forever around etc.

We'll see.
    Do you have a source for the imperium system being in? From what I've heard, it seems that armies will require a lord/hero, but the amount of armies you can make is unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by LordInvictus View Post
    Do you have a source for the imperium system being in? From what I've heard, it seems that armies will require a lord/hero, but the amount of armies you can make is unlimited.
    I think, but I'm basing it on the art work map they released a while ago. As Reikland is just Reikland and not divided into its provinces like Castle Reikguard, Altdorf etc. So I can easily see that being Altdorf the province capital and the rest being lesser cities/castles.

Perhaps a more fitting example would be Bretonnia's duchies being listed together two by two as you can argue the Empire is divided into its elector counties and not provinces.

But nothing solid yet. Just getting that vibe.

I hope to lords though that the army limit is out of the window like the matched combat.
    Last edited by Aquila_Mars; October 05, 2015 at 06:14 AM.

Meraun's Avatar Decanus

TWCenter Community is a bit Wihny.... if you compare it to others...

Erverthing will be fine :-)

w a r f a r e a c t i v i t i e s | s p e c i a l i s t p r o t e c t i o n i n c
    Meraun | HIVE | Community Veteran

Dr. Fell's Avatar Laetus

During the dwarf Let's Play battle, the player placed his infantry directly in front of his artillery, and it made me smile as I recalled Rome II's promotional Let's Play videos, particularly the one with the flaming hay. To his credit, I think that the Dwarfs player said something like, 'Crap, I need to make sure that I don't fire on my own troops' right afterwards.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Its a bit characteristic that the devs release one piece of unfortunate information and people are digging up their tinfoil hats and cry despair. Honestly Naval battles might come later when you go to more sea centrist factions like the Elves, but right now most factions are landlocked so why would the developers waste time on Naval Battles.

With the banners its a bit of a downer. I believe the problems lie with animating the flags, as cardboard banners wont cut it any more. I hope we'll get officers though as that is just a quick reskin.

Well, I'd take Attilas "cardboard" banners over no banners at all.

But I'm okey with no unit commands ( including musicians ) in this aslong as we get them with one of the expansion packs. Rather proper unit commands and army battle standard bearers in a year, than halfarsed ones now.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Well when banners are this size and this intricate, carboard would be kinda dumb.

I'd love to hav them in too but I can see where they are coming from.

Dr. Fell's Avatar Laetus

Fair deuce, Pasan. Large banners like that don't really lend themselves to being easily recreated in the base game. I do look forward to seeing modders finding a way to include them in some form, though.

Dewy's Avatar Something Witty

Why animate the flags? Just use soft body physics
    Oh no the picture of my dog disappeared!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Fell View Post
    During the dwarf Let's Play battle, the player placed his infantry directly in front of his artillery, and it made me smile as I recalled Rome II's promotional Let's Play videos, particularly the one with the flaming hay. To his credit, I think that the Dwarfs player said something like, 'Crap, I need to make sure that I don't fire on my own troops' right afterwards.

he placed those dwarfs downhill and also dwarfs are dwarfs they are short so hitting them would be hard from friendly fire

Quote Originally Posted by ponasozis View Post
    he placed those dwarfs downhill and also dwarfs are dwarfs they are short so hitting them would be hard from friendly fire
    Let us not decieve ourselves, the player in the dwarf demo was... below avarage for the lack of a better word

That gaping hole in his right flank uuuuhgghhg. How I screamed with rage as wolf riders got in through there. Those Irondrakes (I wonder if they'll get their harpoon upgrade ) hard-carried that player. No two ways about it.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon View Post
    For one they announced a better siege AI... and I guess they must have cut it out and replace it with torches.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast