Thread: 1.5, 1.6, 1.9 installed, but custom/historical battles won't work, 'please select item from list' on campaign

Default 1.5, 1.6, 1.9 installed, but custom/historical battles won't work, 'please select item from list' on campaign

Hi, I was really excited to try and play this mod but unfortunately I can't get it to work.

The custom battles reverts back to the previous menu. The historical battles crash the game. The campaign shows the 'Please select item for list' window.

I do have all the up to date patches installed (check the option menu - 1.5 for RTW, 1.6 for BI, 1.9 for Alexander). However, it is from the Steam Gold edition if that makes a difference?

If you can give me any advice/questions on what I might have done wrong I'd really appreciate it! It's a bit gutting cos the mod looks fantastic but I've only been able to experience the unit cards so far haha!

Default Re: 1.5, 1.6, 1.9 installed, but custom/historical battles won't work, 'please select item from list' on campaign

Hi!
    I had the same problems except I'm not using Steam. After some poking around and head scratching I realized what I hadn't done.

From the installation instructions in
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...m-Edition-v2-0

"3. Steam Version, install RTRPE v2.0 to
    a. 64bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rome Total War Alexander
    b. 32bit: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Rome Total War Alexander
    To run with Steam right-click on Rome: Total War-Alexander in Steam Library
    - select Properties
    - select SET LAUNCH OPTIONS...
    - enter -mod:rtrpe -show_err -noalexander
    ** Note - You can also create shortcut by clicking CREATE DESKTOP SHORTCUT "

I left out the -noalexander parameter in my desktop shortcut. I don't know what it does but it's needed when you run a mod with RomeTW-ALX.exe.
    I imagine that's what you did also. I hope this helps.
    Last edited by Gaius Julius Caesar II; December 21, 2015 at 06:56 PM. Reason: minor clarifications