Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attila Custom Battle Crash Fix - updated 16.2.18

Default Attila Custom Battle Crash Fix - updated 16.2.18

Attila Custom Battle Crash Fix

Attila has the same issue as it was in Rome 2 if a player uses too many Unit Pack mods together. This crash happens when you select for the AI any faction which has a roster which is larger than 70 units and it doesn't matter how many of them are vanilla or custom units.

Important information
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- It is fully compatible with the latest patch and all DLCs

- It works with the custom battle screen and can be also used while playing campaigns.

- If you use a mod which changes/includes the important database table factions, then this mod isn't compatible with this fix.
    Big overhaul mods or gameplay changing mods include this table. The modder of this mod can of course adapt this fix into his mod.

- This mod doesn't fix any issues within the used Unit Packs mods. It just fixes the issue if you have loaded too many Unit Pack mods together.

- You have to assemble an AI army by yourself in the custom battle screen as the one-click army assemble feature is disabled that this mod works.

- This fix is already included in the Radious Total War Mod.

Installation

If you subscribe to Steam, then it will be installed automatically.

The manual installation of the attila_custom_battle_crash_fix.pack works as every normal mod.

Copy the file attila_custom_battle_crash_fix.pack to your Attila data folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\total war attila\data

Activate the mod with the Attila launcher.

Recommendations if the Custom Battle Screen still crashes

If the custom battle screen crashes, then please remove all files in these two folders below:

C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Attila\battle_preferences

C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Attila\army_setups

Crash of the game:

If your game crashes you could re-download changed "vanilla" files and verify the integrity of the game:

> Open Steam > click on my games > right-click on Attila > left-click on properties > then look for the Local files tab and click on Verify the integrity of the game cache

There you can re-check the integrity of your Attila files. It takes some time, but after updating you have again all proper vanilla files.

Information for modders about how to adapt the fix to your mod

> db table: cdir_military_generator_template_ratios

Set all "att_mp_*" rows in the column "ratio" to 0.

You must only set these "att_mp_*" values to 0 and you can edit of course the other ratio values like you want in your mod.

> db table: factions

Set all rows in the column "mp_force_gen_template" from "att_mp_force_gen_*" to "default".

You must only set these values in the column "mp_force_gen_template" to "default" and you can edit of course all other columns like you want in your mod.

You can use my fix for your own work and please just give me credits in your thread.

Credits

Thanks a lot to RYAN for his fix of Rome 2 which inspired me to create this fix for Attila.
    Thanks a lot to RADIOUS for the collaboration and testing.
    Thanks a lot to DRAMABELLI, PLISSKEN3 and CPT. CORTES for testing.
    Thanks a lot to SILENT RESIDENT for her logo.

Swiss Halberdier's projects

Downloads

STEAM:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=529522517

Manual Installation:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/x06zfm2j26oc487/attila_custom_battle_crash_fix.zip

These versions are only for the vanilla version of the game. You don't need it if you use the Radious Total War Mod as it is already included.

Enjoy Attila Custom Battle Crash Fix
    Swiss Halberdier

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Default Re: Attila Custom Battle Crash Fix

Good effort my friend, glory to the Humble

SilentResident's Avatar Libertus

Excellent fix! Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by DramaBelli View Post
    Good effort my friend, glory to the Humble
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentResident View Post
    Excellent fix! Keep up the good work!
    Thanks a lot my friends!

To all modders:

Please post here your solution if you find a better way as it will help the whole community. Any suggestions are welcome that we can solve this issue.

Wait, you guys just realized now that that table works for Attila as well as Rome 2? I've known that for months, Probably should of said something admittedly. I actually didn't know that it makes campaign recruitment not work though, i'll definitely look into finding a fix to that.

I didn't mean to post twice originally,

I took a look at your pack file Swiss and the one made for Rome 2. They both have a prefix for their table and both set everything to zero. Here's one thing he did differently though, he only had the custom battle related entries in his table. He took out the campaign related entries. The prefix makes it so that the deleted rows don't make the game crash. Maybe delete any non custom battle rows and see if that works, I'm testing it now but i don't know how I can tell if I fixed the problem. How do you know if it's fixed or not?
    Last edited by warman222; September 29, 2015 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by warman222 View Post
    Wait, you guys just realized now that that table works for Attila as well as Rome 2? I've known that for months, Probably should of said something admittedly. I actually didn't know that it makes campaign recruitment not work though, i'll definitely look into finding a fix to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by warman222 View Post
    I didn't mean to post twice originally,
    I took a look at your pack file Swiss and the one made for Rome 2. They both have a prefix for their table and both set everything to zero. Here's one thing he did differently though, he only had the custom battle related entries in his table. He took out the campaign related entries. The prefix makes it so that the deleted rows don't make the game crash. Maybe delete any non custom battle rows and see if that works, I'm testing it now but i don't know how I can tell if I fixed the problem. How do you know if it's fixed or not?
    Hello warman thanks for your input here.
    Yes I know this from R2 too and in R2 the fix doesn't cause campaign AI problems as there we could include only the MP rows like you mentioned. So in R2 it fully works to separate the MP from the SP campaign values.

But in Attila it doesn't work. I tried out several ways with vanilla table names (complete replacement of the table) and with my current "cb_fix_cdir_military_generator_template_ratios" table name.

Yes I tried to remove the SP values and only left the att_mp* rows in my table. But then it does crash too as soon as an AI faction is selected which has a roster which is larger than 70 units. So the only way at the moment is to set all values (MP/SP) to zero. The crash happens if too many unit mods are used together and of course it depends which unit packs are activated.

I used these mods to test it as I'm in the Radious modding team. But of course this is related to all unit packs.

These three mods below fully work at the moment without a crash:

Radious Total War Mod (main mod with no custom units but it is needed for the Radious Total Units Mod)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ted-24-9-2015)

Radious Total Units Mod (78 Roman units ERE/WRE/TLR by DramaBelli/Swiss Halberdier)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ted-25-9-2015)

Additional Units Mod - Attila (AUM-ATT) - Radious version (26 units and of them is a WRE unit)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?680987

As soon as more Roman units are loaded then Attila crashes if WRE or ERE is selected as the AI on the right side.

Here some examples to add to test that the crash happens.

Two Roman Radious submods by Cpt. Cortes
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Cortes-Legions

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?693526-Renovatio-Imperii

If all five mentioned mods are used together then the crash happens.

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

lol, a big game like this can't handle some more units.

- - - - - -

Thanks for all the efforts you guys

Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyed View Post
    lol, a big game like this can't handle some more units. Thanks for all the efforts you guys
    Thanks SharpEyed!

I know we are talking here about a huge roster addition as you see in my previous post, but nevertheless it should be mentioned. As the possibility that players experience this crash increases of course after more and more unit packs are released and used.

The crash happens if any selected AI faction has a roster which is larger than 70 units and it doesn't matter how many of them are vanilla or custom units.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    Thanks SharpEyed!

I know we are talking here about a huge roster addition as you see in my previous post, but nevertheless it should be mentioned. As the possibility that players experience this crash increases of course after more and more unit packs are released and used.

The crash happens if any selected AI faction has a roster which is larger than 70 units (it doesn't matter how many of them are vanilla or custom units).
    Yea I know how many custom units you guys make/made but it still feels weird to have the game crash just because roster has some more units.
    I mean it's not like putting 70+ AI units to the battle itself..

Well, what can you do.

Yea I know how many custom units you guys make/made but it still feels weird to have the game crash just because roster has some more units.
    I mean it's not like putting 70+ AI units to the battle itself..
    Well, what can you do.
    Yes exactly and it is clearly not related to the mods itself as we know this issue a long time from R2 and now the same issue is in Attila too.

Finally Radious and I found a way to completely fix the custom battle crash. We will test it deeply and then I will upload the new version and add all information about the fix.

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Is removing the cdir mp template still the solution to fix the crash ?

Quote Originally Posted by Litharion View Post
    Is removing the cdir mp template still the solution to fix the crash ?
    I released a new version which fully works in the custom battle screen and can be used while playing campaigns.

The download section and all detailed information is on the updated first post.

Important information:

- It is fully compatible with the latest patch from 1.10.15.
    - It works with the custom battle screen and can be also used while playing campaigns.
    - If you use a mod which changes/includes the important db table "factions", then this fix isn't compatible with this mod. Big overhaul mods or gameplay changing mods include this table. The modder of this mod can of course easily adapt this fix into his mod. All infos about how to do it are on the first post.
    - This mod doesn't fix any issues within the used Unit Packs mods. It just fixes the issue if you have loaded too many Unit Pack mods together.
    - You have to assemble an AI army yourself in the custom battle screen as the "one-click army assemble feature" is disabled while using this mod.

Information for modders about how to adapt my fix to your mod:

> db table: cdir_military_generator_template_ratios

Set all "att_mp_*" rows in the column "ratio" to 0.

You must only set these "att_mp_*" values to 0 and you can edit of course the other ratio values like you want in your mod.

> db table: factions

Set all rows in the column "mp_force_gen_template" from "att_mp_force_gen_*" to "default".

You must only set these values in the column "mp_force_gen_template" to "default" and you can edit of course all other columns like you want in your mod.

You can use my fix for your own work and please just give me credits in your thread.

ah good news Pascal, you guys rock as always

have a good one

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Raise the Banner! good job, surely a salvation for me since new roman units incoming :p

ah good news Pascal, you guys rock as always have a good one
    Quote Originally Posted by DramaBelli View Post
    Raise the Banner! good job, surely a salvation for me since new roman units incoming :p
    Thanks a lot my friends and I'm pleased that this issue has been solved now.

repare this STUPID bigs with big unit rosters plsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.I cant make custom battles with some fractions.Used many
    mods and game crashed.

Quote Originally Posted by toniiiii View Post
    repare this STUPID bigs with big unit rosters plsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.I cant make custom battles with some fractions.Used many
    mods and game crashed.
    You can use my fix that these crashes don't happen anymore if you have loaded too many unit packs together.

As I wrote it on the first post:

The modders of these mods are responsible that their mods work.

A general hint about how to find out which mods do the crashes:
    Try to load only one mod after one and start Attila again in between. Then you see exactly which mod does the crash.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast