Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Understanding MTW2/Kingdoms.exe Pathfinding, XML and the AI

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Understanding MTW2/Kingdoms.exe Pathfinding, XML and the AI

Well originally Lusted proposed that the value causes some interaction with the CAI but I'm not so sure.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

First line in battle-analyser definitely interacts, I didn't quoted it here. I suppose the rest are very important too but what is their meaning? I tested those values in custom battle and didn't get any verified results.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    I don't think that will be an effective test so you could try looking at the ai ltgd logs (set your cfg up if you didn't already for that) for has_ceasehostilities turning to 1 as well if your mod has a pope. The math should also work out as a negative priority offset to invasion (I assume that's what CavalryCmdr referred to). I'm not at my computer right now and I'm just saying that has_ceasehostilities exists from memory. Pretty sure it does though.

Edit:

Yeah ai ltgd logs have the full papal logging (excommunicated, target_excommunicated and has_ceasehostilities) each will move from 0 to 1 when true.
    BTW, should have linked this earlier... in the missions guide thread https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...=1#post1477941 (under formulae and variables) there are some formulae that show how the game decides the score of some missions, as well the score of AI accepting... eventhough Im not sure if this the full list, it seems to support the idea that AI has (some) papal missions indeed, while not the other ones

As you can see, there is namely chance of AI accepting the crusade, and some AI modifiers are also present in (papal) cease hostilities mission ... while the non papal missions dont seems to have anything to do with AI in their formulae...

(tho, as I said earlier, there is one known exception, the barrons alliance mission that also have its own score of AI accepting shown in descr_missions... but that a super specific case, probably added for AI only so that BA could emerge more often, then just based on the player's decision.)

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

This might be useful for somebody else but it's very easy to extract only the M2TW vanilla CAI db file if you wish. It is helpful to read the dev comments and observe their usage of the tags.

Navigate into Your Drive:/M2TW/tools/unpacker
    Open the unpack_all.bat using a text editor and then change the line to: unpacker.exe --source=..\..\packs\*.pack --destination=..\..\ --filter="descr_campaign_ai_db.xml" --verbosity=1
    (we are using the filter command here to extract only the vanilla M2TW descr_campaign_ai_db.xml)

You may also have to move in the .dll files from Your Drive:/M2TW I don't remember what one it asks for but you can just copy paste all of them in, and then the unpacker will work.

You can also unpack everything completely if you want, but it's kinda nice just to get exactly what you need.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011