Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: BigMap 0.99 for M2TW

Default Re: BigMap 0.99 for M2TW

would it be possible to add some regions? I would like to see some more around jerusalem, it would be a little bit more realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball_E8 View Post
    dunno if anyone has mentioned this but venice isnt isolated any more... the river south of it doesnt go all the way to the sea so land travel through there is possible... wich kinda defeats the purpose of putting venice on an "island"...

oh and now that i think about it, there is a river on the side of a mountain range... and i mean ALONG the side of a mountainrange... its in the western "corridor" from italy to france through the alps...
    Yep, notice the river next to Venice is one pixel short, is easily fixed.

Will remove all 'spikes' in mountains and move funny-looking rivers to the valley below, the 'bumpiness' of the heights map will be an installer option btw, going from decidedly flat to medium to very pronounced, as was in the latest version .99e - realised that may be a bit too much for some, so is going to be optional. People who preferred the .99d version of the heightsmap anyway, can just copy the heightsmap of that version to their .99e campaign, delete the map.rwm and continue playing.

Does not break the game.

As to the installer options, will give a final list to discuss before I implement them, anyway. Works just like selecting the optional voice mod in EB, just with a LOT of options there to pick and choose from, so in fact deciding on your own version BigMap, a la carte.

So what is the ETA on the next full version? Good work btw -Leon

Xerces's Avatar Tiro

Spurius,
    You started thinking about adding new regions yet, for when the unpacker comes out?

Oh and do you know if the map editor would still work for MTW2. I cant find the link for that anywhere. You know? Or isnt it worth it, and better editing in Photoshop etc.

Xerces

Royal Arms Glorious Achievement Mod
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=70920
    "But sire, wont we hit our own troops?"..."Yes but we'll hit theirs as well!"
    "it's easy enough to say "wait for the patch" or "wait for modders," both of which have dramatically improved Creative Assembly's previous games. I can only presume that will be the case here, at which point I look forward to seeing how Empire: Total War turns out. But we review the games we're given, not the games we wish they'll become."

Founding Member of MTWII Modding Arts Inc.
    My How To Add A Region Guide For MTW2

Dancing as fast as I can here

also working on a more developed late campaign with more built-up settlements (starting with gunpowder event) with quite possibly a few interesting scripting novelties - could well be an extra option in 1.1

Tom Servo's Avatar Semisalis

You should also have Decreased Mongols with No Mongols. Good work.

hi

i dl'd and installed ok, but ctd at grand campaign start. what gives?

thanks

edit - grand campaign vh/vh spain
    Last edited by warrius; November 29, 2006 at 03:26 AM. Reason: adding data

Vimes's Avatar Semisalis

What can I say apart from being REALLY impressed......

...of course I might just have been dreaming about just how much your mod has improved, but I'd like to share that dream with you

Seriously though your mod is shaping up really well

Quote Originally Posted by warrius View Post
    hi

i dl'd and installed ok, but ctd at grand campaign start. what gives?

thanks

edit - grand campaign vh/vh spain
    Think you have the same problem as the person on the previous page - maybe read that (and the install instructions). Think if you follow those exactly, the 2nd time around, and throw away your map.rwm just to be sure, you will be ok.

As to the wishlist - hilarious - wish I could oblige.

Other DOABLE additions could be:

All Settlements Jihad'able/Crusadeable
    No Brigands/Pirates Ever, Anywhere (no effect on civil revolt)

For decreased Mongols and Timurids open the campaign_script.txt in your data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign and change all occurrences of
    'exp 6' (no quotes) to 'exp 2' or 'exp 3' (up to you, 0 is possible too) and voila - no more tough Mongols and Timurids.

You can just do this with notepad and Ctrl-H....
    Last edited by Spurius; November 29, 2006 at 04:44 AM. Reason: clarification

help, please!

starting with vanilla, i installed the map into mtw2 directory. then i deleted the map.rwm file from the ...\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data\world\maps\battle directory.

the new grand campaign now starts ok, but the army is at sea! all starting characters are due west of spain, sir, and they've no ships!

alas, drowned before a chance to deal death to the enemies of spain!

seriously... what is wrong?

I think you copied stuff to the wrong place, can not judge from here where exactly you made a mistake. What you see is indeed caused by unmatched coords somewhere - if its in custom battle, you would need a separate download anyway - is in the thread a few pages back. Is included in the final version, but separate in the beta. It's essentially a CAMPAIGN map, custom battles don't really use its features.

Also, the instructions make it clear that you should rename the campaign and base folder - the installer makes new ones - the battle folder is NEVER mentioned, anywhere. So the map.rwm to be deleted after a bad first install, should be in one of those, no? (It's in the base dir.)

Can only say how to do it correctly, not secondguess every mistake - which is why we make backups and try again.

Hope you did that at least, as I suggested there, too.
    Last edited by Spurius; November 29, 2006 at 05:55 AM.

also working on a more developed late campaign with more built-up settlements (starting with gunpowder event) with quite possibly a few interesting scripting novelties - could well be an extra option in 1.1

Would be much appreciated, although it'd be good if gunpowder could be disabled if we choose to (if gunpowder already exists then we can't disable the event?). Silly that we have to build up what should be major towns in the first place. I'd do this myself but I guess I'd need the descr_buildings to get the correct names of the buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by italiano View Post
    also working on a more developed late campaign with more built-up settlements (starting with gunpowder event) with quite possibly a few interesting scripting novelties - could well be an extra option in 1.1 I'd do this myself but I guess I'd need the descr_buildings to get the correct names of the buildings.
    Well, I realised there MUST be reference to them in the savegames, once you build them, and indeedy - they are all listed there in legible form, including tech tree (building type), so I am presently collating a list of them, so everyone can play later stuff too.

The gunpowder event cannot be avoided yet - it has to 'happen' to trigger the rest - it can only be 'forced' to happen right away, so my intended campaign will start around 1350, a few years before the first European cannon was actually made, so is sortof accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurius View Post
    I love you.

Seriously, I probably won't touch MTW2 again until the patch + your 1.1 comes out.

Could you possibly add a bigger North America and South America? Might make the Aztecs harder to conquer.

- Ack
    Last edited by Ack_[FHA]; November 29, 2006 at 09:51 AM.

I like this map, its huge. Gives al lot of space for extra civilizations. Some civilizations are missing but should be in the game and now there is a lot of extra space for extra regions.

I am going to add the Frisians to the list of civs. In wester Europe it was an important civilization in de history of the region and Frisian Language is the Mother language of English. I now do have the space to add some regions in Holland and Germany area.

But in the big map there is stil something wrong, the land bridge between Napels en Palermo looks wierd en there is no see except for a thin line. That looks odd.

Germanicus75's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Stefke View Post
    I am going to add the Frisians to the list of civs. In wester Europe it was an important civilization in de history of the region and Frisian Language is the Mother language of English. I now do have the space to add some regions in Holland and Germany area.
    Eala Freya Fresena! Leaver dea as slaaf!

Quote Originally Posted by Spurius View Post
    I think you copied stuff to the wrong place, can not judge from here where exactly you made a mistake. What you see is indeed caused by unmatched coords somewhere - if its in custom battle, you would need a separate download anyway - is in the thread a few pages back. Is included in the final version, but separate in the beta. It's essentially a CAMPAIGN map, custom battles don't really use its features.

Also, the instructions make it clear that you should rename the campaign and base folder - the installer makes new ones - the battle folder is NEVER mentioned, anywhere. So the map.rwm to be deleted after a bad first install, should be in one of those, no? (It's in the base dir.)

Can only say how to do it correctly, not secondguess every mistake - which is why we make backups and try again.

Hope you did that at least, as I suggested there, too.
    hi

fixed it, thanks. looks great! now i will try to install regnum dei on it and off to war!

thank you very, very much!

problem: the big map does not work with regnum dei. when installing the map then rd, the spanish troops at start are in the atlantic. when installing rd then the map - the rd files are overwritten with vanilla

I like this map, its huge. Gives al lot of space for extra civilizations.

The map map only needs another 12-15 provinces for gameplay. Adding too many provinces will have a poor effect on gameplay.