Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MOS 1.7 Gondor "Marka" Barded Horses Submod

Default Re: MOS 1.7 Gondor "Marka" Barded Horses Submod

Ah yes, I did try it out and then promptly forgot to report it here. Apologies for that.

Custom battle works fine all horses are present with correct textures.
    New campaign starts up fine.
    Continuation of old save works fine and the new horses (bodyguards) show up when fighting Gondor.

Yet to do:
    Test new campaign with Gondor and fight battles.

So far no issues, and I like the look of the horses.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Excellent! This is very reassuring. Thanks for letting me know.

Also, if they look fine in custom battles, they'll look just fine in the campaign, theoretically.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

look look, what do we have here?

Good job so far dude, but now we want to see more from you
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    look look, what do we have here?

Good job so far dude, but now we want to see more from you
    Thanks, but I'm not sure I have that many abilities as a modder. I'd be glad to upload a music submod too, but beyond that I am unable to create wholly new units or anything like that. I can certainly tweak them, though, as shown here.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Hey, glad to see there is still someone interested in this project since I really lack the time to keep moving! I hope people can have fun with this project!

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    Hey, glad to see there is still someone interested in this project since I really lack the time to keep moving! I hope people can have fun with this project!
    Thanks for the kind words; it was my pleasure. Your work is fantastic, by the way.

Wow! It looks like a good amount of people have collectively downloaded from the ModDB page and TWC page, as well as from my Google Drive option and MEGA. Cheers to everyone who downloaded and I hope you're enjoying this submod as much as I am! I think this is cause for a little celebration, a funky one if you will:

I just released a brand new submod for DAC! It's very similar to this one.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...5#post14736275

Just in case anyone's interested, I added a new ModDB download option on the Medieval II Total War Kingdoms page: http://www.moddb.com/games/medieval-...-horses-submod

Some new pictures I just uploaded to Tumblr:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Look's awesome but I'm not beeing able to enjoy it I follow the instructions, tried doing it 3 times now, two of them the game will not load,getting me back to the desktop; the other one could load the game, but had a crash when I was triying to play a custom battle with the new models (couldn't start the battle). I've tried playing with and without running yhe cleaner.bat, even the RUN AFTER INSTALL of MOS, but nothing. Windows 7, Non steam-version. Any idea?? what could it be? what can I do?? I'm looking forward to playing with them as Gondor, or facing them with my Easterlings!
    EDIT: I'm extractin the files in the Third Age folder as told

Quote Originally Posted by aetiusaetius View Post
    Look's awesome but I'm not beeing able to enjoy it I follow the instructions, tried doing it 3 times now, two of them the game will not load,getting me back to the desktop; the other one could load the game, but had a crash when I was triying to play a custom battle with the new models (couldn't start the battle). I've tried playing with and without running yhe cleaner.bat, even the RUN AFTER INSTALL of MOS, but nothing. Windows 7, Non steam-version. Any idea?? what could it be? what can I do?? I'm looking forward to playing with them as Gondor, or facing them with my Easterlings!
    EDIT: I'm extractin the files in the Third Age folder as told
    No one else has this problem (Davek confirmed that it works for him), so I don't know what could be causing your issues. I wouldn't have the faintest clue either unless you shared a log report for a crash. Did you look in the log report? If you have it, share it here by copying and pasting it.

Also, in the meantime, try one or more of the other download options. Perhaps one of the downloads got corrupted somehow?

Just a small question pal ...

Is there any plan to implement this for vanilla 3.2? So that us using Leo's unofficial pathces can enjoy it as well? I don'think that's compatible with MOS.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Si votre cannon tire, nos rochers n'en seront pas epouvantés

Waldesian fighter to French officer demanding surrender,
    Battle of Balziglia, 24th of may, 1690

Well, I did make a similar version of this for DaC, so that's two mods already. I usually never play vanilla TATW, so probably not, unfortunately. I might do a similar submod for Second Age, along with the Silmarillion and DCILA submods when they are finally released, although I make no promises.

Of course, you could always mod vanilla TATW yourself if you're truly interested in having these mounts. It's quite simple, actually. You only need too edit a handfuln of files and add a few textures that are available via download from my submod. If you just save my submod to a random folder on your computer or even the desktop, you can see the contents of the unzipped folder. From the MOS "data" folder the only files that are edited are the "descr_mount" and "export_descr_unit", while the "battle_models.modeldb" file in the "unit_models" folder is also edited. Texture files that correspond with these text files are stored in their proper sub-folder locations within the same "unit_models" folder. There are also necessary sprite files saved to the "unit_sprites" folder within the main MOS "data" folder.

That's it! It would take you less than a day to add all of this stuff to vanilla TATW, minding the fact that you need to be careful when editing each of the text files to make it compatible with vanilla TATW versus MOS.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

If you made this compatible with vanilla 3.2 then it wouldn'tbe compatible with Leo's submod.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    No one else has this problem (Davek confirmed that it works for him), so I don't know what could be causing your issues. I wouldn't have the faintest clue either unless you shared a log report for a crash. Did you look in the log report? If you have it, share it here by copying and pasting it.

Also, in the meantime, try one or more of the other download options. Perhaps one of the downloads got corrupted somehow?
    Sorry but.. what is the log?

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by aetiusaetius View Post
    Sorry but.. what is the log?
    look in the MTW2 folder/log folder there should be a file called system log
    copy paste it here in a spoiler
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

UPDATE: deleted Tumblr pics and added Imgur ones instead, with a link to my Imgur album.

Hello, i had the exact same problem with "aetiusaetius", after many trials i think its probably down to the fact that Enhanced Mos version isnt compatible with any mods that change the desc export unit file, its a shame really and i wonder if theres a workaround, but still good job on some very good looking horses, unfortunately i cant see them ingame.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Rule of thumb; mods are never compatibel, unless expressly said so in the description, or you're experienced enough to know the files won't cause conflicts. If unsure, best advice is to always ask first, and unless a thumbs up is given, avoid mixing submods.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast