Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MOS 1.7 Gondor "Marka" Barded Horses Submod

Default Re: MOS 1.7 Gondor "Marka" Barded Horses Submod

I understand, thnx for your reply.

Will this work this mod that I installed into MOS already? http://www.moddb.com/mods/massive-ov...wnloads/submod

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Wolf View Post
    Will this work this mod that I installed into MOS already? http://www.moddb.com/mods/massive-ov...wnloads/submod
    the link does not work for me atleast
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Your link does not show which submod you mean.

Usually submods are not compatible as the one you install last tends to overwrite files from the one you installed before. In other words, you can install a submod for a "base" mod, but you can't install two or more for the same "base" mod and expect them all to work. Usually at least some content will be overwritten and be lost and often it will simply cause a CTD at some time.

The Marka mod might be compatible with some of the smaller submods for MOS though, as it is focussed on a few specific features. It also depends on how precise it has been coded. As in, does it overwrite complete mod files, or only the entries for that what it is supposed to change.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

It's the Enhanced MOS v1.7 Sub-Mod.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

It's the Enhanced MOS v1.7 Sub-Mod.
    If the latter changes the export_descr_unit file whatsoever, then I'm afraid my MOS submod is not compatible with it. Only regular MOS is compatible.

Also, thank you Veteraan for replying in my stead.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    No one else has this problem (Davek confirmed that it works for him), so I don't know what could be causing your issues. I wouldn't have the faintest clue either unless you shared a log report for a crash. Did you look in the log report? If you have it, share it here by copying and pasting it.

Also, in the meantime, try one or more of the other download options. Perhaps one of the downloads got corrupted somehow?
    Sorry for the long time, RL issues kept me away from playing Third Age. I think I know what happens. Another user gave me the clue in a thread of the new hobbit units: seeems like the barda mod and the hobbits units mod are not compatible when installed together, I don't know why. Sorry for not telling you before I had just downloded that mos, but I didn't realize they could interfere.

Just loaded up a new campaign game to look at the new horses and Forlong's, Denethor's, Boromir's, and every general's bodyguard EXCEPT Imrahil's did not have the new barding. I followed the install directions to the letter. Any help would be great.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by TenthLegionX View Post
    Just loaded up a new campaign game to look at the new horses and Forlong's, Denethor's, Boromir's, and every general's bodyguard EXCEPT Imrahil's did not have the new barding. I followed the install directions to the letter. Any help would be great.
    try running the cleaner in your third age 3 folder
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    try running the cleaner in your third age 3 folder
    Tried that and it did now change anything. Going to reinstall the whole Third Age and MOS mods (this included) and try again. I think I have an idea to what is going on but I will have to run some tests and get back to you.

Also, thank you for all the help!

Upon further testing and multiple re-installs, I have finally gotten the mod to work correctly. I have no idea what I did to fix it but after the 5th reinstall it suddenly decided to show up correctly on the campaign maps. Weirdly enough the custom battles had the barded horses all from the beginning but when I started a campaign they suddenly disappeared. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers in this case. I am happy to finally play with the amazing units. Case closed haha.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Bumpity bumpity bump, when threads go bump in the night, they get bumped to the top of the list.

Yankee Doodle went to town, bumping on a pony, stuck a feather in his cap and called it bumparoni!

Quote Originally Posted by TenthLegionX View Post
    Upon further testing and multiple re-installs, I have finally gotten the mod to work correctly. I have no idea what I did to fix it but after the 5th reinstall it suddenly decided to show up correctly on the campaign maps. Weirdly enough the custom battles had the barded horses all from the beginning but when I started a campaign they suddenly disappeared. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers in this case. I am happy to finally play with the amazing units. Case closed haha.
    Glad to hear it! Your computer is weird, bro. Sounds inexplicable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by aetiusaetius View Post
    Sorry for the long time, RL issues kept me away from playing Third Age. I think I know what happens. Another user gave me the clue in a thread of the new hobbit units: seeems like the barda mod and the hobbits units mod are not compatible when installed together, I don't know why. Sorry for not telling you before I had just downloded that mos, but I didn't realize they could interfere.
    I know this is a late reply, but thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123