Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *Video* Exclusive AngryJoe Developer Gameplay!

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Default Re: *Video* Exclusive AngryJoe Developer Gameplay!

thanks for the video, Joe!

I am becoming more and more confident Dwarfs would be my first race to play.
    if only because of Iron Drakes - I love flamethrowers. And I love infantry-heavy armies - played Dwarves in TATW for the same reason

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Flamethrowers in previous TWs? Yes Sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

One day ...

*dreams on*

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

Total War: Total War
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

Richard III's Avatar Tiro

Great interview! I was worried at first as Joe was the only one who seemed into it at first, but it really came together as the movie progressed.

Something I noticed that I haven't seen people mention: When someone (Either Joe or the CA Rep) hovered their cursor over the Gyrocopter's bomb ability, the description stated that it "Could not be used when grounded" or something like that. Does this hint to Flying/Mounted units being able to dismount and fight grounded like previous TW titles (Empire, I believe?).
    "Good Men Don't Need Rules."

Aquila_Mars's Avatar Semisalis

I'm kind of sure they'll add the option to dismount at least cavalry units. If they don't I'll rage about it so hard I'll probably git banned from twcenter

As for flyers, since flying units can (well at least Karl Franz' mount could) fight on the ground, I assume if the flying unit is in melee combat with ground troops, some of their abilities are unavailable until they are airborne again. Not sure if you can dismount them though. A griffon isn't exactly going to sit idly by while its rider fights on foot. Wouldn't be too big of an issue for more less monstrous things like Pegasus Knights from Bretonnia but still.
    Last edited by Aquila_Mars; September 18, 2015 at 02:11 PM.

Biarchus

Angry Joe has a user on TWC? I had no idea lol

Anyway, thanks for doing the preview

Quote Originally Posted by Ichon View Post
    About as close as it could get on Thorgrimm within 1 or 2 hits from the spider...

So did you find out system specs of the demo system? Most reviewers have been saying smoother than Rome II but I am about to upgrade so am extra curious.
    No sorry I didn't! I'd treat yourself to a new beastly computer if possible, you do have some time to save up, but I dont think it will be all that much more demanding than ROME II.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryJoeShow View Post
    No sorry I didn't! I'd treat yourself to a new beastly computer if possible, you do have some time to save up, but I dont think it will be all that much more demanding than ROME II.
    Can't go wrong with that advice, unfortunately my MB fried and I couldn't wait around so just got an i7 4790k but I'm waiting to see what this TW wants as min spec and a couple other games before upgrading GPU.

Thanks for the video- glad to see you are following this one more closely than the average game and don't stop calling out some BS when you see it. (though not necessarily to the CA rep's face... they gotta listen to what the people above say and just put the best face possible on stuff)

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Well, if you have the patience and are in no rush, waiting is always worth it (you'll either have new releases or price drops, or at least a sale when the time comes), although you could find yourself my personal position, in which you wait and wait and no game nor GPU seems to be good enough to justify the investment and you find that hardware and software are not really evolving a lot, so you end up in 2015 sticking to your already 8 years old ATI HD Radeon 4870 which is holding surprisingly well. Specially considering the age and that it costed just 175€ back in the day.

The last disappointing game that made me consider an upgrade was Rome 2 (as you can surely understand, it didn't make the cut) and the next ones will probably be The Division and Warhammer.

It's worth noting that the next batch of cards (at least Nvidia, not sure about ATI) are meant to be an actual generational jump and not just rebranded old products (like the 900 series), so it's probably worth to wait a bit longer. Also, since if CA optimizes it properly, Warhammer requirements are most likely not going to be that different from those of Rome 2 or Attila (they are all fundamentally almost the same game from a technical point of view) you could consider to get an used gpu to make do in the meantime. You don't need a GTX 980 to max Rome 2 after all (people are getting 40 fps on ultra at 1080p with a GTX 660ti, TW probably needs a good CPU more than it needs a good GPU).

The last advice I could give you is to keep your cool and don't go on a spending spree if the game ends up needing a very expensive monster of a rig to be played with decent graphics because that would mean nothing but that they had not even made the effort to optimize it, and you don't want to enforce that kind of thing (and you also don't want to spend a fortune to find that a few months after your purchase the performance increases vastly because new patches have done the optimization that should have been there from the beginning).
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; September 20, 2015 at 09:49 AM.

captcruch's Avatar Miles

I was really happy when I saw you enjoy this new game Joe .

it was a real suspense of waiting your verdict .

because I remember Rome II ......................

If the Yankees dare set foot in Virginia,we must show them bayonet .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12