Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Total warhammer looks epic!

Default Total warhammer looks epic!

I just saw the 10 mins gameplay and I am really impressed.... I love the details they put in the miniatures that come to lofe on battlefield. I am nowhere a warhammer expert but this makes me interested enough to read about it ...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V4siz1KrnO0

The overall gameplay seems to sugest a great game and looks like CA has finally found its true place in strategy game wich is fantasy ... Too much times we have seen them implementing that element into historical games making them so unhistorical , now they can instead unleash the true power of imagination and creativity ... I hope to see this game soon !

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Senator

Default Re: Total warhammer looks epic!

Nice to see someone excited for it.

BalrogOfMorgoth's Avatar Decanus

Yeah, hopefully, everybody will find something they like in the new game! There's a similar video coming soon with the underground battle with the dwarfs, maybe it will hype even more people!

Wanna play as minor clans from expanded Japan by unamie5? Now you can: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=428505886

Shogun 2 in a new light - Historical Shogun 2 Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Tankbustaz View Post
    Nice to see someone excited for it.
    Why shouldn't I be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Collateral_dmg View Post
    That too looks awesome ....
    I hope there will also be some rpg elements in the game of somekind ...

Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Fallout 3 Modder

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS ts View Post
    That too looks awesome ....
    I hope there will also be some rpg elements in the game of somekind ...
    There are actually quite a lot. You can choose differrent equipment like weapons and armour for your heros, and there are 30 levels of skill trees.
    Wanna play as minor clans from expanded Japan by unamie5? Now you can: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=428505886

Quote Originally Posted by Collateral_dmg View Post
    There are actually quite a lot. You can choose differrent equipment like weapons and armour for your heros, and there are 30 levels of skill trees.
    Cool but I meant something like small missions or things for a single unit hero , may be go explore enemy lines , go to local tavern in disguise to colect info , sabotage stuff , just like if it was a rpg game with one. uNit controlled ... I know its a large battles game and I do not expect that to be in , but who knows ... Would be cool ....

Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Fallout 3 Modder

Cool but I meant something like small missions or things for a single unit hero , may be go explore enemy lines , go to local tavern in disguise to colect info , sabotage stuff , just like if it was a rpg game with one. uNit controlled ... I know its a large battles game and I do not expect that to be in , but who knows ... Would be cool ....
    Well we know there are quest chains for your leaders. I am not so sure but I think they said that not all of those quests will be battles, so we might see something else, similar to what you thought.

Modestus's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    On a ship in the middle of the Mediterranean.

I just saw the 10 mins gameplay and I am really impressed.... I love the details they put in the miniatures that come to lofe on battlefield. I am nowhere a warhammer expert but this makes me interested enough to read about it ...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V4siz1KrnO0

The overall gameplay seems to sugest a great game and looks like CA has finally found its true place in strategy game wich is fantasy ... Too much times we have seen them implementing that element into historical games making them so unhistorical , now they can instead unleash the true power of imagination and creativity ... I hope to see this game soon !

Indeed looks good and looks fun, well worth picking up when its cheap in a couple of years or when you can get the 3 games together perhaps on an offer, mind you some of the special effects could be better but I think I would enjoy commanding an army of bearded midgets.

Who are you and what have you done with Prometheus?
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Who are you and what have you done with Prometheus?
    I suppose you refer to my criticism of Rome II . I have spoken the truth when everyone was not seeing it yet , then when game was released all my complains become confirmed and I was right .
    Roman history is something I know very well and I was really displeased to see it treated so superficially and poorly by the devs especially on gameplay features .
    On the other hand I have praised to no end the Total war Shogun II , so much to be the first to win the game at legendary and even won a prize from CA for that .
    Now I am saying that this game will rock , they have no historical boundaries, they do not have to deal with historical fanatics neither are forced to follow specific patterns with the risk of going overboard with the design.
    Thjey have full freedom to space in the fantasy realm and its what really will allow this game to shine in my opinion.

If I can critic somethign right now is just that they should try to drop the classical total war squared formations and try to "invent" or experiment with smething new and innovative ...
    Would be cool to see different deployment formations and that the battlefield look too much flat , sure they are very cool around the surroundings , but on the fight field they look pretty standard flatty hills ...

I appreciated a lot more instead the very good terrain battlefields done in Arena total war ... so I hope to see that kind of design level in Total warhammer .
    I guess its harder to have more units on more complex terrain , but then its a challenge to take isn't it?

Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Fallout 3 Modder

I suppose you refer to my criticism of Rome II . I have spoken the truth when everyone was not seeing it yet , then when game was released all my complains become confirmed and I was right .
    I was fine with your reasonable criticisms of post-release Rome 2... just not the pre-release ones that I found odd. Lets be honest that whole thing got to the point of absurdity at it's height.

I appreciated a lot more instead the very good terrain battlefields done in Arena total war ... so I hope to see that kind of design level in Total warhammer .
    I guess its harder to have more units on more complex terrain , but then its a challenge to take isn't it?
    Agree completely. There seems to be a prevailing attitude that flat landscapes are whats needed for battles but I would argue geography decides battles as much as anything. Rome 1 had awfully flat 'scapes, med 2's were better and S2's as well. R2's regressed back. With the fantasy element they could do so much more. The TT game has dice rolls decide what woods are e.g poisonous when you pass through them, for example.
    Last edited by Markas; September 19, 2015 at 12:44 PM.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

scoicarius's Avatar Ordinarius

I appreciated a lot more instead the very good terrain battlefields done in Arena total war ... so I hope to see that kind of design level in Total warhammer.
    I hope so too. The maps in Total War: Arena are I think a good reference point. I'd like to see more areas of impassable terrain and steep inclines, where you need to go around to reach those on the other side/up high.

I also hope they make forests more varied and interesting.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by scoicarius; September 19, 2015 at 07:23 PM.
    The Art of Warhammer Fantasy <-- link
    A facebook page with Warhammer Fantasy art that I've been collecting over the years as a hobby. Updated regularly. Enjoy.

All very good for artwork and single player games. Not so much for a game involving units of 100+ men.

scoicarius's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Horus View Post
    All very good for artwork and single player games. Not so much for a game involving units of 100+ men.
    I disagree. With a well designed visibility system, where objects that obscure your view become semitransparent, they could create forests just as atmospheric in a game involving units of 100+ men.
    Last edited by scoicarius; September 19, 2015 at 04:58 PM.
    The Art of Warhammer Fantasy <-- link
    A facebook page with Warhammer Fantasy art that I've been collecting over the years as a hobby. Updated regularly. Enjoy.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Horus View Post
    Total War has always been mainly a single player game, and as scoicarius says, it's really up to the developer's ability to implement more complex features. They could also make different maps for multiplayer.

Also, if they have been able to adapt underground caves and tunnels to Total War, I don't see why they could not adapt dense, twisted forests. They don't have to make an exact, borderline unplayable copy of the artwork, they just have to capture the same atmosphere.
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; September 19, 2015 at 08:25 PM.

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Attila had some really interesting terrain, really just combining the variation seen there with some elements of fantasy (scary forests, ruins, places of magical power) would go a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

After watching the Thunder Falls Let's Play the game comes off just like any other recent Total War with a new lick of paint. I don't know why people are so excited, CA just tinker around the edges and ship out the same core warscape gameplay with all its longstanding flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan MF View Post
    After watching the Thunder Falls Let's Play the game comes off just like any other recent Total War with a new lick of paint. I don't know why people are so excited, CA just tinker around the edges and ship out the same core warscape gameplay with all its longstanding flaws.
    Can you point to any? Visible Hit Points, activated user abilities which have an actual in game effect aside from passive buffs, single large units, battlefields with enclosed sides. Ambushing only available from specific entry locations, underground battles, flying units...

I mean, what were you expecting? To play as a Dynasty Warriors style character before seemlessly dropping into a 1st or 3rd person shooter mode to fire a pistol, where if you win you get a kill streak and can call in a Gyrocopter bombing run or a strafing attack from a Dragon?

Warhammer in its essence was to the table top what Total War was to the PC, to the extent that Mighty Empires expansions include rules for creating cities and armies outside the scope of just the battle. Admittedly, that side of the game was more like Civ due to the Hexes, but then again, so is the campaign similar to Civ in some aspects.

I'm not entirely sure what people were expecting. From what I can see as a fan of both games for at least 15 years of warhammer and since M2TW. As for longstanding flaws, perhaps you could explain more as well, and link to where you think that should have happened in the video.

captcruch's Avatar Miles

I have absolutely no complaints about this faction , much love for this faction were deployed
    this is really too good I almost shed a tear GG C.A you are on the right track .

and im not a Dwarfs fan .

If the Yankees dare set foot in Virginia,we must show them bayonet .

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast