Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The hunt for the crash bug: PROGRESS IS COMING.

Default The hunt for the crash bug: PROGRESS IS COMING.

There is a new crash I am getting, it may be a while before I find a workaround.

If you have any suggestions, this is the place where you would put them. As for now, I am baffled. If you want to help me in narrowing down the source of the crash bug, try downloading the mod, and deleting one or two tables from it. If it stops crashing after a table deletes, post it right here. Immediately. This will tell me where my fine toothed comb needs to be targeted.

You will need PFM to read the files, you can find it here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...-and-Resources

- Updated ability lists to use existing ability entities.

- Consolidated filesystems.

- Verifying every last table.

- Deleting unused, experimental chunks.

Just one mod not playing well with itself. Understood CA.

Troubleshooting part 2:

- Making new mod, with just table land units imported from the new data.pack.

- Set all charge bonuses to 0.

- Tag the file to prevent it from causing conflicts.

- Save.

Just one table causing conflicts with itself. Understood CA.

- Validate Attila.

- Try to boot the one of the two mods, "Test branch 1.5."

- Impact damage isolated.

- Don't lie to me game.

*Boot Screen.*

- Something about land unit tables compiled by PFM is pissing Attila off maybe?

Back to tuskmod:

- TAG EVERYTHING. AGAIN.

- Reinstalled PFM.

- Recompiled tuskmod.

*Errorless Crash*

- Recompile impact damages isolated.

*Errorless Crash*

- Creates a Land-Units mod WITHOUT A SINGLE UNIT THAT HAS AN APOSTROPHE IN ITS NAME, SUCH AS ATHARS CHOSEN, or a NON STANDARD LETTER, LIKE ALMAQUAS LANCERS.

*FULL BOOT.*

YESSSSS.

FULL FUNCTIONALITY.
    Last edited by Walrusjones; September 18, 2015 at 12:05 PM.

Default Re: The hunt for the crash bug.

In my opinion there is a problem with land units table, if you add in PFM few tables including land units table and then you change any value in land units game won't start even if all others tables and values except this one is vanilla. There is no problem if you change value in any other table, and leave vanilla land units intact in mod. I can not run my mod too, so if you came up with solution, please share .

I found a solution that worked for me. erase the underscore in land_units and inside that table aswell. So it should look like this ( Landunits)
    units

Ok, I found a solution that actually makes the table load: No units with ', or fancy letters (Almaquas Lancers.)

ATHAR'S CHOSEN WERE SO OVERPOWERED THEY BROKE PFM.

Could you post a picture guide since mine comes off as question marks on some of the

units and I can't modify some of the weapons files

Pls and thank you

Ill give a list of units you don't want to include in land units:

Warra'i
    Sana'i
    Athars's Chosen
    Beher's Chosen
    Mavra's Chargers, Chosen, Lancers, and Bodyguard
    Almaqua's Lancers
    T'or Warriors.
    Elite T'or Warriors
    Mäsqäl Spearmen

Thanks, take a rep

Most of the big crash bug sources should be fixed now by the PFM update, once I iron out the last few (Hopefully minor) ones, expect a new version, finally.

Edit: The old tuskmod tables seem to be causing crashes on their own, even if I cut them out to only be one file with no references to the other tuskmod tables.

Edit2: I had to validate, but it may be possible for me to boot up the updated tuskmod files. False Hope....
    Last edited by Walrusjones; October 13, 2015 at 05:13 PM.

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Hope you get it fixed soon.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

I have been getting more and more of the vital tables to boot actually.

My target is to have full functionality sometime this sunday. As of right now, I am balancing around a few personal projects (Including tuskmod,) that all have a lot of passion going into them the issue being that I have so many ideas for everything that I am juggling around MANY anvils to keep up with all the iron I want to strike before any of them cool off (At least, until I am done drafting, in which case, its just a matter of tweaking.)

Allow me to express my feelings at the full mod coming back:

YABADABADOOOOOOO!!!!

that is all.

I will be expanding it a bit: I will include bits of my AI (Which is based on the hard difficulty better aggressive CAI, but with tweaks to how sieges work, and a greater emphasis on honorable characters behaving honorably,) in the new release, and I will try to put a little bit of Area of Recruitment in for the three empires. My target for this is some time this Sunday.

Also: Yes, I will be balancing empires of the sand.

After that, I will begin adding the new features I have wanted to make progress on for a while, while updating the submods.

- Factional Mercinaries for the Eastern and Western Roman Empires, not actually mercenaries, but they are instead native troops you can deploy anywhere in your empire. They will replenish at a moderate-slow rate.

- Burgundy will loose the gross majority of its Germanic troops, including all starting-level Germanic units, and become a Nordic faction. Late in their tech tree, they will adopt some Germanic units.

While I am updating the mod, expect just the Steam Workshop version to get updated at first, as it is much easier to release update for there, but once the version which will probably be 1.5.2 is out, I will make a new forum compilation of the mod.

The only flaw of this is that there will be a Startpos.esf file in the main mod, but I will make a separate "Tuskmod clean install." for people who want to avoid the startpos modifying components.

EDIT: Walrus turns on his modding tune, and begins making the last dash to 1.5 proper. Much of the land units and campaign functions are go, but the main unit table is showing some critical, unknown issues. Will attempt to fix, but I may have to remake the main units table. (It shouldn't take too long.)

Major issues found with main units table, may need to be rebuilt, but it looks like the issue might be depreciated units from the main game that are the source of the crash. IE: Unused units whose entities were cut.

All attempts to restore the scavenge ability has failed, including reconstructing it. Will be forced to drop the scavenging submod, and find a new niche for the Alamans.

Of the features of the "Clean install."

I think I might be close to a 98% repair, I just need to rebuild main units, then I will get to the featuring-up of the new version. JUST to be clear, some things did get lost in this update, including a full ability.

SCRATCH that.

Re-introducing the ability from the files of the first version of its mod.... RESTORED ALL FUNCTIONALITY.

*Begins screaming to the occult gods of CA's pack system as he no longer understands reality.*

MAIN UNITS FIXED WITHOUT ISSUE!

Went a little overboard with unit revamps, but its all OK.

Last edited by Walrusjones; October 18, 2015 at 06:13 PM.

Default Re: The hunt for the crash bug: PROGRESS IS COMING.

noticed you put tusk mod back up a few days ago..... iv looked through the files and the AI stuff is not there still working on it?

Yes, I have been working on a mix of the AI bits, the AOR stuff, and Dynamic garrisons as the inspiration hits me. The current version is 1.5.-2, which is almost complete for what I want to do in 1.5, but I released it before I finished all the campaign features so I wouldn't have to leave you all hanging.

Like always, I have made a lot of promises, and suddenly realized that its going to take WAAAY more work then I expected.

No worries every one under stands this is a hobby and yeah things take time. And it no hold up ether because the game is so adaptable you just add all this stuff you want and build it the way you like it. I'm running your mod now with better AI and I'm not having problems,

One thing probably you should look at which is I think the better part of his mod is the adapted AI spending. he said they now put a lot of there budget into military which is more intelligent so in theory means they will spend it on better units. but hes not got a new recruitment roaster only radious has that and then you have the play the game the way he likes it. better AI also made it more likely the AI will colonize burned settlements which makes the game a lot better. and most importantly iv noticed the AI is a lot less passive.
    lot of the time iv noticed in Vanilla AI would fight you tooth and nail at the start then simply collapse as you increased the pressure. especially if you killed there leader there was a large chance they simply never recover. so you always had to start new games to have fun.

Ived noticed it harder to get archers to focus fire on one target they seem like they just want to shoot what ever they feel like. was this your doing? and how to I put it back the way it was?

This can happen whenever fire at will is on at the same time as skirmish mode. It shouldn't be happening because of this mod.

I never have skirmisher mode on though... il try turning off fire at will and see what happens

I had the issue show up yesterday in a MASSIVE Aksum VS Sassanid battle, and turning off fire at will seemed to fix it.

My theory: Units being more accurate makes it more obvious when they start firing on a target you didn't order them to shoot.

Also, I have started making good progress on an AOR submod which I hope to finish tomorrow. It will eventually evolve into the tough war submod, but that will take some time.

A lot of the features I intended to roll into the main mod will end up in here, for one reason: Keeping the startpos ESF out of the core mod, so you can run tuskmod with whatever you want to run it with, of course, the submods are supposed to be tempting and obvious options, but I have decided to air on the side of making them exactly, that, optional.

one thing i was trying to do is make a ability that would make pulling infantry out of melee less suicidal. but i just could not work out how to assign one of the MP_tests to my phase So i decided to high jack one of the generic ones in the game like rapid advance giving 80% speed boast 400% acceleration and set it they get a moral boast and also take low loss's while the ability is active. i just can't work out how to make the duration shorter i want it to go only for 8 or so seconds but seems like it stuck on 30s by default and i can't change it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast