Thread: Designating Heir and merchants gernating 0 income

Default Designating Heir and merchants gernating 0 income

Hi all. Very sorry about posting so many questions, but I'm very much enjoying this mod and clarification of game mechanics that were changed for this mod would make this game much more enjoyable. Another Q I have is regarding designating heirs. I know we cannot in vanilla Medieval 2, however, in the patch notes for RoTK it says "- Added 'select heir' script by Miguel_80" for the "Version 0.1.845 - 18TH MARCH 2014" patch implying that we could designate heirs like in Rome 1. How do I go about doing this?

Another thing I found is that Merchants no longer generate income if the treasury holds too much money; so much so that the merchants generate 0 wuzhu from any resource regardless of merchant skill. Is that intended or is that a bug? When placing a merchant over a resource I seem to have observed a scaling income relative to the nation's treasury. As I become more rich, I notice my merchants generating less wuzhu for the same resource. Plus, I've noticed a poor nation generating ~106 wuzhu with a merchant of 2 skill and I only getting ~20 wuzhu with the same skill level on the same resource. If this is intended then merchants late game will only for buying out other merchants and not actually making money, correct?

Hopefully these will be my final questions =p

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Designating Heir and merchants gernating 0 income

Designate heir - if the current faction leader dies you can designate a general to be the next potential heir

Merchant income - this is governed by traits only, the longer your merchant lives the more negative traits he may accumulate which then diminishes his trade

Thank you very much for your replies, Gigantus! I didn't expect the creator of the mod, of all people, to reply to my questions =D

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

I still keep an eye on what's happening with the mod