Thread: A question about Rebel flags for armies and settlements

Default A question about Rebel flags for armies and settlements

As you all know, there are a lot of rebel armies and settlements on the campaign map, occupying places like Galatia, Bithynia, Iliria, etc. There are a few symbols for rebel flags (4 or 5 if I am correct).
    Is it possible to give each different region its own flag? For example that a Galatian army and settlement got a Galatian Symbol. Or is there a limit in Rebel flags and is it hardcoded?

Default Re: A question about Rebel flags for armies and settlements

a few examples
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e1.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	125.1 KB 
ID:	330051
    Syracuse and Mamertines
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e2.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	120.7 KB 
ID:	330052
    Galatia

I don't know, actually. The two settlements in Sicily have different flags, so I'm assuming there's some way to differentiate flags by province (?). And I've never heard of any hardcoded limit in regards to banners.

The last person we had working on banners disappeared several months ago, so we're kind of left without anyone with expertise in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
    I don't know, actually. The two settlements in Sicily have different flags, so I'm assuming there's some way to differentiate flags by province (?). And I've never heard of any hardcoded limit in regards to banners.

The last person we had working on banners disappeared several months ago, so we're kind of left without anyone with expertise in this area.
    Interesting. But the person that left, was he the coder, or the designer for the symbols? what kind of expertise are you looking for?

The designer for the symbols.

Actually, there might be someone around in the team who might know more about this, from a coding perspective. That said, we don't actually have any resources to divert to making rebel flags right now, either way, since at the moment every single member who knows about graphics is either involved in modeling or texturing new units.

i believe the hard coded limit is 4 sub factions for the AI rebel faction

There are indeed only a few symbols for flags Anomimo272. repeating themselves over the campaign map. If it is true that there is a code limit, there not much to talk about. But if it is not the case. what does it require to deliver? A 300 by 300 dpi PGN made in PSH?
    Two of the same flags for each 'group' (one for on the campaign map and one for on the battlemap).