Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: hows progress?

The excited one's Avatar Senator

Default Re: hows progress?

bumping after a month of inactivity just to prove it still exist in the eyes of the forum admin :^)
    war is peace, ignorance is strength, freedom is slavery......
    (george orwell 1984)

Senator

I've been following this mod for at least 8 years (or something like that) and I still have faith I remember I used to check the forums every night when I got back from middle school I am around here a lot less with university and stuff, but I haven't forgotten DotS. It's great to see that there are other people who are still showing interest, and I'd like to thank all of the contributors for all of the work they've put in over the years!

Quote Originally Posted by Basil 11 View Post
    I've been following this mod for at least 8 years (or something like that) and I still have faith I remember I used to check the forums every night when I got back from middle school I am around here a lot less with university and stuff, but I haven't forgotten DotS. It's great to see that there are other people who are still showing interest, and I'd like to thank all of the contributors for all of the work they've put in over the years!
    Thanks. I spent an insane amount of manic hours of my life working on this game from secondary school and all the way through university and onwards. I hope you like the music and the map as they were my main contributions. I'd still like to do more but I'm waiting for other things which are not my area to be done. I just messaged the team to see if anything is happening. Just for looking at the map and listening to the music and taking in the immersive experience I hope you like it. I have a somewhat playable version and it is really awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Ed View Post
    Thanks. I spent an insane amount of manic hours of my life working on this game from secondary school and all the way through university and onwards. I hope you like the music and the map as they were my main contributions. I'd still like to do more but I'm waiting for other things which are not my area to be done. I just messaged the team to see if anything is happening. Just for looking at the map and listening to the music and taking in the immersive experience I hope you like it. I have a somewhat playable version and it is really awesome.

Interesting, any screenshot you can provide?
    (george orwell 1984)

Quote Originally Posted by The excited one View Post
    Interesting, any screenshot you can provide?
    Hi, I posted a few screenshots in other threads you should be able to find here. I don't have my laptop in front of me now.

As for the game, it appears that the game has become too enormous for the M2TW engine to handle so I'm not sure we'll ever have a fully functioning game. I suggested just having the game as a 1080 snapshot and you'd be able to look at all the detail and play battles for that year and take in the immersive experience. However, the head of the project has decided to keep working at making a fully functioning game. As I'm sure that's what most fans want anyway you can definitely respect his decision although inevitably the game will take longer.

They've been importing unit models and assigning units to buildings. So it's progressing still.
    Last edited by Space_Ed; April 27, 2016 at 05:18 AM.

Foederatus

Thats great to hear! No warhammer or whatever they'll come up with could compete with DotS. Every new TW game is more arcade-style than previous release

Quote Originally Posted by Huriel21 View Post
    Is this mod death?
    You silence yourself sir! Dots team I've been checking in for like 5 years, but I still got the faith. Hallelujah!

#StillLurkingForDotS

bumping since it has been a year since i started this thread
    (george orwell 1984)

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Ha! Thanks for the continued love!

Well quick update then, we are still planning on a realistic next version. I mean realistic as in- realistically attainable goals. The last few months we have been really upset about realising that a lot of the unique features we have made are just beyond the limits of the engine. And since Creative Assembly refuse to change the legal permissions on the code or the engine, we are screwed. This means that we have spent loads of time reverting the map to a simpler stage. It still looks pretty (in fact it is even more pretty and more historically accurate) but we have to remove a ton of permanent stone forts which we were using as "secondary settlements" with income and titles appearing as traits/ancillaries. So the map is far less cluttered which is what a lot of fans wanted anyway I guess.

So for the next version update, "Inimicus", we are focussed on a complete set of 500 new and historically accurate units, we also hope that the stats will be more or less correct thanks to a new team member. So custom battles will at least be fun, and you can jerk off to the campaign map. After Inimicus the focus will be on completed tech trees, which is my favourite feature and something we don't need to compromise or cut back on. I hope. There is no indication that there should be any problems with that at least. At that stage the campaign should be pretty playable.

Don't ask for a time scale.

Icon7 Re: hows progress?

Quote Originally Posted by Hengest View Post
    Ha! Thanks for the continued love!
    Just trying to keep this forum alive to stop the admin from cutting off our only source of communication with the Dots leadership(devs).

Well quick update then, we are still planning on a realistic next version. I mean realistic as in- realistically attainable goals.
    So what are the attainable goals? Less scripts? Less PSFs?

The last few months we have been really upset about realising that a lot of the unique features we have made are just beyond the limits of the engine. And since Creative Assembly refuse to change the legal permissions on the code or the engine, we are screwed. This means that we have spent loads of time reverting the map to a simpler stage.
    haha not surprised how CA always ruin's one's fun as a hobby. As for the map what do you mean by the term *simpler stage*?

It still looks pretty (in fact it is even more pretty and more historically accurate) but we have to remove a ton of permanent stone forts which we were using as "secondary settlements" with income and titles appearing as traits/ancillaries. So the map is far less cluttered which is what a lot of fans wanted anyway I guess.
    any screenshots of the campaign map for preview? just curious

So for the next version update, "Inimicus", we are focussed on a complete set of 500 new and historically accurate units, we also hope that the stats will be more or less correct thanks to a new team member. So custom battles will at least be fun, and you can jerk off to the campaign map.
    sounds fun.

After Inimicus the focus will be on completed tech trees, which is my favourite feature and something we don't need to compromise or cut back on. I hope. There is no indication that there should be any problems with that at least. At that stage the campaign should be pretty playable.
    mmm interesting

Don't ask for a time scale.
    what is the time scale?
    (george orwell 1984)

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

Hurray progress!

Hellvard's Avatar Senator

Hengest, can you tell us a little more about these tech trees?

bumping

because why not?
    (george orwell 1984)

King Yngvar's Avatar Senator

The last few months we have been really upset about realising that a lot of the unique features we have made are just beyond the limits of the engine. And since Creative Assembly refuse to change the legal permissions on the code or the engine, we are screwed.
    It's a company that has gotten rich and doesn't give a crap about it's customers anymore so no need to feel any "loyalty" towards it. It just means you are planning to release it in the wrong place. Just get around that, the name of the mod can be googled anyway.
    It's redundant to write your username at the end of your post,
    if I wanted to see your name I'd look to the left of my screen.

Quote Originally Posted by King Yngvar View Post
    It's a company that has gotten rich and doesn't give a crap about it's customers anymore so no need to feel any "loyalty" towards it. It just means you are planning to release it in the wrong place. Just get around that, the name of the mod can be googled anyway.
    I have to agree on this one.

its been 3 months, its time to make this thread alive
    (george orwell 1984)

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Still excited, eh?
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Foederatus

I'm bumping here aswell from time to time. This mod is worth waiting for. I mean it will be, if its ever finished.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Why can't we have a mod set in the middle ages with the same historical accuracy as Europa Barbarorum?
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast