Thread: Looking for conditions\mechanics of gladiator_uprising

Gigantus's Avatar I am thinking more about running away now then I did as a kid, but by the time I put my teeth in, my glasses on and find my car keys I forget why I am going.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Modding Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Looking for conditions\mechanics of gladiator_uprising

I am a bit rusty were RTW is concerned, hence my question: what triggers the gladiator_uprising? What are the required setting in the various text files like descr_strat and descr_rebel_factions?

I came across Aradan's tutorial on how to implement the Marian Reform in M2TW and thought I'll give it a shot to see if the uprising still works, too.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Looking for conditions\mechanics of gladiator_uprising

It may be hardcoded as it is a revolt triggered on rare occasion exclusively for the romans.

I believe Makanyane knows a fair bit about revolts/revolt ctd's.

Edit: it seems the revolt is triggered by a colloseum building chain. Which would imply part of it is hardcoded
    Last edited by z3n; September 07, 2015 at 11:03 AM.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Gigantus's Avatar I am thinking more about running away now then I did as a kid, but by the time I put my teeth in, my glasses on and find my car keys I forget why I am going.

Blog Entries

I have some vague notion about a certain arena level being present in an 'italy' (hidden resource) region with 'roman' culture - by maybe it's just guessing as that is a bit too much like the Marian Reform.

I think the conditions are i) 'roman' culture ii) 'arena' building tree and iii) an uprising - no geographic restriction. But the mechanic is broken in that the game spawns rebel armies drawing units from every rebel-faction in descr_rebel_factions,, not just the ones listed for gladiator uprising.

Blog Entries

That's a pity.