Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Doomon 18, My maps / projects

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Doomon 18, My maps / projects

I don't think there's a settlement that can be classified as Gadir in Attila. The closest options are Hispalis (inland) and Malaca (geographically accurate location), both of which were under Roman control in 200 BCE.

Do you guys already found a way to import RTW II models in Atilla?. Because would be nice if possible and people already know how so i don't have to put in hours to find out my self when i get atilla.
    --------> http://play0ad.com <--------
    OS: Win 7 64bit Ultimate // MOB: GA-990FXA-UD5 // CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Eight-Core 4,70Ghz OC // WC: CM Nepton_280L // Memory: 16GB 1866Mhz // GPU: Nvidea GTX 780 ti 3GB // SC: SB X-Fi Titanium HD // SS: Creative T20 Series II // Monitors: Asus 27" 1ms , Asus 24'' 4ms //
    HDD: 1TB // SSD: 128GB // SSD: 240GB // External: 3TB

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Pee_Alot View Post
    Do you guys already found a way to import RTW II models in Atilla?. Because would be nice if possible and people already know how so i don't have to put in hours to find out my self when i get atilla.
    This is taken from Grudge's mod page on steam, and you can ask Doomon for further tips etc, as he has figured out how to make these battle maps. Be warned though, TED is difficult to use, buggy and its a beast to handle with. In terms of campaign, not yet.

[Tutorial] Rome II models in Ted/Attila? HOW!?
    All you need to do is extract the building rigid models from the Rome II packs you want and add them to Attila's Assembly Kit: Working_Data folder. Make sure that you've got the proper folder paths as well.

"common\Total War Attila\assembly_kit\working_data\rigidmodels\buildings"

Once you place your custom buildings in Ted through the Object Type: Buildings (You might need to search a bit through your building browser, but they're there!), you might notice they don't have any textures. Don't worry! Ted only really needs the rigid model as a reference to bake into the raw map data.

Once your map is done, save your battlefield and grab the pack file. Now inside the pack file you also want to place these Rome II building models + textures. Otherwise they will not appear in-game.

Follow the same folder structure (rigidmodels > buildings > [modelname] > .rigidmodelv2), (rigidmodels > buildings > textures > .dds), in your pack file.

Now your pack file contains the terrain tab and the rigidmodels > buildings tab. Throw the pack in Attila's Data folder and test it in game! Enjoy!

If you have further questions or issues, feel free to ask here.

Yes, basically after you've built your map and saved it as a battlefield, you'll find a pack file in Attila > Assembly Kit > Retail > Data. You can open it in Pack File Manager. All you need to do is add the same rigid models (with the same path structure) as well as the textures to your pack.
    Writing a tutorial covering all aspects of TEd, starting at the basics, will take quite some time. I do intend to write a full TEd tutorial, but not anytime soon. However, I can send you some very useful links.

CA themselves have started writing their own tutorials:http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...-Kit-Tutorials

Their first tutorial is the very basics on how to create and export a simple map. Furthermore I gathered all my Ted tips in the following threads:

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...=1#post1400629

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...-rigid-meshes)
    Last edited by The Wandering Storyteller; September 09, 2015 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zombieflanders View Post
    I don't think there's a settlement that can be classified as Gadir in Attila. The closest options are Hispalis (inland) and Malaca (geographically accurate location), both of which were under Roman control in 200 BCE.
    Perhaps Malaca then?

wow if these cities were real, the ancient world would surely be a marvle to witness indeed....

Doomon18's Avatar Foederatus

WOH, Absolutely INCREDIBLE contributions Triumph REALLY cool picks and excellent references, definitely will consider these ideas lol, take a breather though this is a lot of stuff XD.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Pee_Alot View Post
    Also as a personal tip from myself as well to add to Triumph, The way I work things out when importing models to minimize crashing is placing most if not all imported models im using onto the map first and find all their textures and models that belong to them and test the map at that stage first, if all works well and is textured then everything's alright but keep in mind if you have the rigid models and you load in game and it has no texture then you forgot the texture and thats an easy fix.

Now if the map stops in the loading bar ( id say around 10-15% finished) and crashes then you either dont have the rigid model, Or if you ABSOLUTELY sure you got the model and it still crashes then the model dosent work. I already had this with Babylon, Persian walls do not work at the moment being and something Greek dosent either but ive yet to do tests to find out what cause its making my Carthage crash which is why that's on hold.

Also once you figure it out and follow the tutorial Triumph provided id also recommend letting anyone else know your experiences and possible model crashes and what not, also if you figure out any new tricks too to share them as well. you or anyone else reading who wants to do the same can add me on steam too if you wish (Doomon 15) and message me this kinda information or any help you need and ill share knowlage of what I know at the moment but I do wana restate Triumphs words that TEd is really buggy and problems can vary to even very crazy problems that vary from different users even so do keep that in mind, USUALLY re-installation works but sometimes dosent guarantee fixing.

ipwnu678's Avatar Semisalis

This is the kind of stuff that will set AE apart from other "attempts" to recreate the ancient world in the attila engine - I'm glad you are up to the task and long journey to get this stuff complete. If Warhammer is indeed the only releases set for the next 3 years, Attila may gain a much larger spotlight (and so too will AE and the maps you create with AE in mind, Doomon)

Quote Originally Posted by Doomon18 View Post
    WOH, Absolutely INCREDIBLE contributions Triumph REALLY cool picks and excellent references, definitely will consider these ideas lol, take a breather though this is a lot of stuff XD.
    Haha, glad it helped Doomon, now you have a lot of stuff to reference and make some really excellent battle maps , so hopefully it will help, but np prob!

Also as a personal tip from myself as well to add to Triumph, The way I work things out when importing models to minimize crashing is placing most if not all imported models im using onto the map first and find all their textures and models that belong to them and test the map at that stage first, if all works well and is textured then everything's alright but keep in mind if you have the rigid models and you load in game and it has no texture then you forgot the texture and thats an easy fix.

Now if the map stops in the loading bar ( id say around 10-15% finished) and crashes then you either dont have the rigid model, Or if you ABSOLUTELY sure you got the model and it still crashes then the model dosent work. I already had this with Babylon, Persian walls do not work at the moment being and something Greek dosent either but ive yet to do tests to find out what cause its making my Carthage crash which is why that's on hold.

Also once you figure it out and follow the tutorial Triumph provided id also recommend letting anyone else know your experiences and possible model crashes and what not, also if you figure out any new tricks too to share them as well. you or anyone else reading who wants to do the same can add me on steam too if you wish (Doomon 15) and message me this kinda information or any help you need and ill share knowlage of what I know at the moment but I do wana restate Triumphs words that TEd is really buggy and problems can vary to even very crazy problems that vary from different users even so do keep that in mind, USUALLY re-installation works but sometimes dosent guarantee fixing.
    Fully agreed, I tried doing it with TED and it soon crashed preventing me from making any more maps. But Doomon's determination has broken the limits of what TED can do, and its working very well. Say Doomon, you may have to start a new Carthage map, or redo the map and re-assign the textures. Maybe see what you've done and see if you've missed up a step by anything. Also check for any certain models, or if models that are imported are incomplete, and try loading previous verisons of the city to see what you've done. Check how you did this with your small cities and see if you can compare the two. It could be walls/etc. Its a difficult process of getting a good map into the game as it tends to crashes unless you've done what Doomon has said. Its a trail and error process with TED. If those models aren't working, then do not use them for certain. And yes, installation of TED time and time again will work, but it doesn't guarantee permanent fixing.

But best of luck man, you're working hard. You will do well

Quote Originally Posted by ipwnu678 View Post
    This is the kind of stuff that will set AE apart from other "attempts" to recreate the ancient world in the attila engine - I'm glad you are up to the task and long journey to get this stuff complete. If Warhammer is indeed the only releases set for the next 3 years, Attila may gain a much larger spotlight (and so too will AE and the maps you create with AE in mind, Doomon)
    Fully agree with you Ipwnu, though TED will need updating as it is buggy at its current state. This is no easy journey, haha , and I'd like to see that for certain
    Last edited by The Wandering Storyteller; September 09, 2015 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Totalknight View Post
    wow if these cities were real, the ancient world would surely be a marvle to witness indeed....
    Certainly!

Quote Originally Posted by ipwnu678 View Post
    Well im glad to contribute anything really, this editor really needed rome 2 implementation as a base part of its program cause that would be awesome and so much easier to make these cities without crashes and huge file sizes but I guess some things come with a cost, just hope somone finds out a way around this stuff which is why it would be nice to have more people doing rome II stuff as well but ill put up as much stuff as im able and wanting to do and try finding out what I can and the workarounds.

also though do keep in mind for Warhammer I keep telling people this, These guys are a separate team of people CA made to do Warhammer. They have been working on it for awhile even as far back as tword the end or mid end of Shogun II, another team is dedicated to releasing historical TWs and will continue which is why I personally think these coming years will be great with practically double the total war or perhaps better quality if they use Warhammer as a gap plug and release the new historical say later in that year or next year. either way its more TWs and I love both series esp Warhammer and several other fantasy universes, I do hope CA continues this whole Assembly kit too with all their games due to their mod summit and how their realizing were liking these tools and making mods and it would be really nice having way wider variety of cities and landscapes to create fantasy or historical.

Reconstruction of City of Ur:

Reconstruction of Memphis:

Cornith:

Roman Cornith in 200 AD.

Nice contributions of Memphis and Cornith Triumph, and yes this is the Memphis I was talking about with you which is awesome so thanks, now I can attempt a proper Memphis and not the shanty town Rome 2 gave lol.

Nice contributions of Memphis and Cornith Triumph, and yes this is the Memphis I was talking about with you which is awesome so thanks, now I can attempt a proper Memphis and not the shanty town Rome 2 gave lol.
    Not a prob, and yes we'll see a better Memphis more than anything else

Thanks for the examples, The Triumph of Rome! A couple more:

Cyrene:
    http://globalheritagefund.org/images...mphi_small.pdf (layout)

Pergamon:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

(plan)

(plan)

(acropolis)

(acropolis)

Petra:
    (plan)

Rhodes:

Salamis:
    (plan)

The City of Ur has the wow-factor.

I have a couple of suggestions as well, for land battles.

Greek Fields

Iberian Lake

Iberian Fields

Italian Fields

Italian Shore

Syrian Ridge