Well, it looks better now.
    Stabber, Ikanan teen.
    Silias "Twitch Tethers, Ordonian ranger

Tiro

Default Re: Other WHFB/40k videogames incoming

The DoW2 Necronlord has arrived.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/378041/
    Grab him before his 5 free days are gone

And he is a IMBA little devil in last stand. Around lvl6 try the warscythe for melee, repair scarabs and armor upgrades. It is quite unreal how much damage he can absorb and how fast he kills harder enemies.

-----Red Dox

Tiro

And with yesterdays start of the multiplayer beta (for preorder customers), a new video emerges to prepare us for the nearing release.

It does look very promising.

-----Red Dox

Tiro

-----Red Dox

Tiro

Praise the Emperor!
    Great time for strategy fans with Total War and Dawn of War

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ZgyNoHtjw

Last edited by kelembribor21; May 03, 2016 at 09:28 AM.

Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!

Aquila_Mars's Avatar Semisalis

I've seen those too, and can't express how disappointed I am with it. In my personal opinion Dawn of War 2's combat and cover system was such an improvement over dawn of war 1. This looks more like those games I glossed over on the Ipad. Hopefully this demo stuff is only that, demo. Though I'm not keeping my hopes up.

Not to mention, the Space Marines in the trailer look extremely derpy and horribly bad regarding their proportions.
    LET US SHOOT THE BOOT, MAKE THE TOPHAT GO MOOT

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I have always hated the random hit chance. fired 5 rockets and only 1 hit. and the enemy titan escapes. pissed me off to no end. it doesn't matter that over a period of time it evens out, what matters to me is that I missed 4 out of 5 rockets and a titan escaped. not because of my skill, but craptastic random hit chance.

random hit chance suck donkey balls. it is THE REASON why dow 1 and 2 never got popular competitively. people also got pissed and rage quit.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

Quote Originally Posted by Aquila_Mars View Post
    I've seen those too, and can't express how disappointed I am with it. In my personal opinion Dawn of War 2's combat and cover system was such an improvement over dawn of war 1. This looks more like those games I glossed over on the Ipad. Hopefully this demo stuff is only that, demo. Though I'm not keeping my hopes up.
    Yeah. I preferred DoW 2's more tactics-heavy approach though it did come at the expense of breadth. The pictures really don't look much different from the last game either. Still, not much to go on yet.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Semisalis

Where are the screen shots from? (nvm found them here http://www.pcgamer.com/see-the-first...dawn-of-war-3/)

Regards random chance to hit and MP competitiveness: to be fair, DOW2 was changed to have more reduced damage effects and less random hit chance to make it more appropriate for tournaments. It's a bloody good game now for multiplayer and a shame that the competitive scene has moved on to DOTA-like games. Base building =/= depth!

I just pray they dont try and stick crafting in the game. I hate crafting so much.

Based on pre-DOW2 experience I would not trust any footage unless it was labelled "in game"
    Last edited by Col.KanKrusha; May 03, 2016 at 06:49 PM.
    ~ Too soon old, too late smart ~

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Col.KanKrusha View Post
    Where are the screen shots from? (nvm found them here http://www.pcgamer.com/see-the-first...dawn-of-war-3/)

Regards random chance to hit and MP competitiveness: to be fair, DOW2 was changed to have more reduced damage effects and less random hit chance to make it more appropriate for tournaments. It's a bloody good game now for multiplayer and a shame that the competitive scene has moved on to DOTA-like games. Base building =/= depth!

I just pray they dont try and stick crafting in the game. I hate crafting so much.

Based on pre-DOW2 experience I would not trust any footage unless it was labelled "in game"
    these days, I only trust uncut gameplay footage.
    fear is helluva drug
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/0...tails-trailer/

"Our biggest units ever? Check. Giant orbital lasers? Check. Base-building, epic heroes, huge battles, it's all in there," claimed Relic's Stephen MacDonald in a statement.
    Base Building is Back!

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

All the pictures look disjointed and photoshop-y to me using models put into a background. They are not in game. More like an illustration of how the game might look like. Looks like a mix between 1 & 2 so far. And there's one narrative campaign shared between the three races. Warcraft 3 style. My bet is that Necrons is the grand antagonist again given that they randomly released a Necron Lord for DoW2 last stand mode not too long ago. And they fit the death theme without being Chaos.

Trailer was good, very heavy on the symbolism rather than realistic. Not a fan of the thin Space Marines (They looked way better in DoW2's trailer) but the rest looked great.

Oh and fan fav Gorgutz is back for more heads for his spike. As is Macha and Gabe. So basically the DoW 1 characters.

DoW 2 had a solid MP. Obviously its not Star Craft 2 and it shouldn't be either.
    Last edited by Påsan; May 04, 2016 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    All the pictures look disjointed and photoshop-y to me using models put into a background. They are not in game. More like an illustration of how the game might look like. Looks like a mix between 1 & 2 so far. .
    Wha? Are they not shots of the game?
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Garensterz View Post
    Technically Clash of Clans and other such garbage do have Base Building. Be careful what you wish for
    I don't know but my guts tell me this will be yet another crap geared towards online game and microtransactions crap. Oh and mobile market.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; May 05, 2016 at 10:01 AM.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

It looks really bad. I hated DOW2s combat and setting. I really dont care about multiplayer so i only focus on the campaign. And it was not too good. DOW3 looks like DOW2 more like DOW1 which in my opinion is bad. WH40K is all about total war. We have FPS games for squad based operations. And clearly putting in an Imperial Knight and 10 marines is not total war. I dont expect too much out of it to be honest. But we ll have to wait and see.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    And there's one narrative campaign shared between the three races. Warcraft 3 style.
    That is a very good thing.
    It shows developes have learnt that 1 solid,compact story is more interesting than alternate what if's campaigns.

Tiro

While everyone is conquering the old world in TWW, the Vermintide is back with Castle Drachenfels

http://store.steampowered.com/app/453280/

Also a very entertaining novel, if you are curious about Warhammer lore.
    http://www.amazon.com/Drachenfels-Ge...ds=drachenfels

-----Red Dox

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

For the mobile aficionados of BFG there's a game in the works called Battlefleet Gohtic Leviathan based on the Shiel of Baal. It will be turn based and hence supposedly be a faithful recreation of the tabletop game.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.