Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Age of Bronze - Official Release [1.3] Download [Last Updated 01/22/2016]

Dontfearme22's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Age of Bronze - Official Release [1.3] Download [Last Updated 01/22/2016]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before Rome, before Caesar, before the rise of Persia or Sparta, the world was forged in bronze. From stone molds and ancient forges in forgotten halls
    flowed the wealth of ancient kingdoms, the mighty empire of the Hittites or the wealthy kingdom of Knossos.
    By the commands of primeval kings great glittering armies of men and chariots fought bloody wars and expanded their dominions.
    On the fringes of this bronze civilization, barbarian tribesmen fought duels and skirmishes in dark pagan forests and great champions clashed on battlefields.
    To the east and north, vast hordes of nomads scoured the plains while forgotten towns and cities waged a desperate defence with the enemies that surrounded them.

This is the beginning of civilization, the rise of the first cities and superpowers. The time where the first emperors carved decrees into stone, and
    ancient nations rise and fall in savage conquests.

This is a time of heroes, empires, and mighty god-kings. This is the Age of Bronze.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTRODUCTION

It is with great pride that the team presents the official release of Age of Bronze, the total overhaul mod for Total War: Rome II.
    This mod pulls Total War: Rome II back over a thousand years to the Late Bronze Age, a time long before the name Rome was ever spoken, and when Egypt was at the height of its glory.
    With version 1.3 we bring to you full custom battle functionality for ten factions, and over time we will be adding more and more.

As we update Age of Bronze, you will be able to download the latest version (as well as view any patch notes) here.

FEATURES

Play as some of the Bronze Age's most spectacular powers

Unique rosters for each faction featuring a huge number of custom models and textures

Custom faction icons and unit descriptions

Huge unit sizes of up to 240 men per unit

FACTIONS

THE HITTITE EMPIRE

EGYPT

MYCENAE

ARZAWA

TROY

KNOSSOS

MITANNI

ELAM

ASSYRIA

BABYLON

DOWNLOADS

Please note that Age of Bronze is still heavily a work in progress, and this is for all intents and purposes an alpha release.
    Much content is still missing from the mod, and a lot of what is included is not quite complete. Note that there may also be a substantial number of bugs.

Current Version: 1.3

Direct

To install, place the .pack file in Rome II's 'Data' directory, and make sure that it is checked in the mod manager in the Rome II launcher. We would recommend that no other mods are enabled when playing Age of Bronze.

Steam Workshop
    (One-Click-Subscribe Collection)

SUPPORT AND FEEDBACK

Though we are immensely dedicated to the project, the Age of Bronze team is small, and there are many things that we cannot hope to do by ourselves.

This is where you, the community, come in.

We want to hear every little bit of feedback you have to offer on the mod, be it on balancing, graphics, gameplay or just about anything else that you can think of. Of particular importance to us is balancing: the amount of data required to implement accurate balancing changes can only come from the huge number of games that you will collectively be playing. We encourage you to play as many multiplayer battles as possible, and let us know about any units or factions that you believe to be overpowered, underpowered, or anything else!

Please post such feedback in the appropriate threads in this forum.

Thank you, and enjoy the mod!

CHANGELOGS

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    - Added two new factions: Elam and Mitanni.

- Unit spacing overhaul: appropriate units now have more chaotic, disorganised spacing.

- Chariot mechanics overhaul.

- Many minor visual tweaks and bug fixes.

- Further balancing and battle mechanics tweaks

- Some unit description changes.

- Changes to pike mechanics.

Comments:

- The release of Elam and Mitanni completes the ten planned major factions!

- Unit cards are still heavily in the works, but more will be coming in the future.

- Chariot and pike mechanics are a work in progress and subject to change (feedback on these are greatly appreciated).

- Did a bit of editing.

- Added three new factions: Assyria, Babylon, and the Sea Peoples.

- New unit for the Knossos faction (Minoan Marines)

- Extensive rebalancing of all factions coupled with a variety of tweaks to the underlying battle mechanics. Many units have been reclassified to better fit their parent faction's roster theme.

- The list of factions in custom battle has been condensed to make navigation easier.

- Faction colour now properly applied to all areas of custom battle.

- Some meshes tweaked to resolve some minor visual issues.

- Some unit appearance and name changes to fit with their reclassification.

- Fixed unit descriptions not working properly in some cases, and added some new ones such that all units now have original unit descriptions.

- Added Anatolian Chariot unit

- Added new UI elements, loading screens

- Renamed 'Mukanai' to 'Mycenae'

- Extensively rebalanced the Mycenae, Knossos, Arzawa and Troy factions

- Added a new texture variant for the large 'figure 8' shield

- Fixed bugged unit descriptions

- Fixed missing chariot model for the Hatti faction

- Improved the level of detail meshes for the small 'figure 8' shields

- Rebalanced the pike units for Mycenae and Knossos

1.0 (Changes from Qadesh Preview)

- Added four new factions: Mycenae, Knossos, Troy, and Arzawa.

- Integrated all factions playable functionality, removing the requirement for any additional mods to be installed.

- Tweaked numerous textures and graphical assets.

- Extensive rebalancing of the Egyptian and Hittite rosters.

- Added custom unit descriptions to all playable units.

- Added various new models and textures.

- All factions now use their own custom colours.

- Changed title screen background and text.

- Added custom mouse cursor.

- Changed base faction for the Hatti faction from Galatia to Pontus.

- The Galatia faction is now 'Ankuwas'.

SCREENSHOTS

FAQ

Q: Will you port the mod to Attila?
    A:
    As of now, we do not have plans to port to Attila. Our plan is to finish the custom battle and campaign portion of the mod on Rome II. Following that, it is possible we will port to Attila. We feel it more practical to finish the mod rather than trying to familiarize ourselves with Attila while simultaneously working on mod content.

Q: When will we see a playable campaign for AoB?
    A:
    Massicio2 has already begun preliminary work on the campaign; however, this is independent work, aimed at drafting ideas and blueprints to be used in the future. While this will undoubtedly make it much easier working on the official campaign, our first priority of completing the custom battle aspect of the mod, remains, and as it stands the campaign is very far away.

CREDITS

PunitorMaximus
    Project Lead. Database Editing. Textures. Misc.

GreenyRepublic
    Art Lead. Faction Icons. Quality Assurance.Unit Descriptions. Promotional Art.

DontFearMe22
    Models. Textures. Assembly Kit Development. Misc. Graphics. Promotional Art.

Marechal Christos Massilius
    Unit Cards.

ComradeKane
    Models. Textures.

Ahiga and the LoB team
    Models and Textures (donated).

Ltd
    Models. Technical Assistance.

Turkenlouis
    Models. Textures. Research.

Prince of Judah
    Research.

Massicio2
    gameplay and db balancing

Special thanks to PunitorMaximus, without whom none of this would be possible, and a special thanks to The Creative Assembly for providing such a fantastic game and the modding tools necessary to achieve this.

Special mentions to CGtextures.com for their invaluable technical resources, as well as the Ancient History Encyclopedia and Osprey Publishing for providing invaluable research and visual reference material.

We would also like to dedicate this release to of Khaled Al-Asad, in memory of his life and the immense dedication he showed to the study and preservation of some of the world's most prized historical treasures

Additional thanks to Gen. Chris, for helping solve a formatting bug consistent in the previews up to this point

Last edited by GreenyRepublic; January 22, 2016 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Steam Workshop Links Added

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Default Re: Age of Bronze Official Release [Version 1.0] Download

Amazing team, just perfect. I know 100%. what I'll be doing this weekend.

Put this on the sites frontpage!

Carmen Sylva's Avatar Campidoctor

Amazing mod.

omg yes. Troy and Knossos. When the full version mod drops Med school is gonna have to take a back seat LOL

Default Re: Age of Bronze - Official Release [Version 0.1] Download

Looks interesting! Getting ready to DL as soon as I get home.

P.S.: The thread title reads "[Version 0.1]" instead of "[Version 1.0]"

Default Re: Age of Bronze - Official Release [Version 0.1] Download

Quote Originally Posted by zombieflanders View Post
    Looks interesting! Getting ready to DL as soon as I get home.

P.S.: The thread title reads "[Version 0.1]" instead of "[Version 1.0]"
    bug noticed, and fixed!

UchihaMadara21's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Age of Bronze - Official Release [1.0] Download [Last Updated 03/09/2015]

Great release!!! the new units look awesome, and everything else looks better and more polished, by the way...

...i cannot find Troy at the selection screen, but curiously, two unreleased factions are actually available, and their units working properly - these are the Mitanni and a confederation of Sea Peoples (Shekelesh, Sherden, etc); the last one substituting the Maxyans faction.

Also, the A.I. keeps running like crazy, no matter how far they are from your troops - because of that, it's almost impossible to fight in a organized manner, and A.I. armies always end up exhausted.
    Last edited by UchihaMadara21; September 03, 2015 at 06:03 PM.

Default Re: Age of Bronze - Official Release [1.0] Download [Last Updated 03/09/2015]

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaMadara21 View Post
    Great release!!! the new units look awesome, and everything else looks better and more polished, by the way...

...i cannot find Troy at the selection screen, but curiously, two unreleased factions are actually available, and their units working properly - these are the Mitanni and a confederation of Sea Peoples (Shekelesh, Sherden, etc); the last one substituting the Maxyans faction.
    The Mitanni and Sea Peoples are playable, but with the case of Mitanni the unit roster is literally the roster from a year or two ago, so its very out of date(cavalry for gods sake). The sea peoples are there to speed time until the next update, but they are nowhere near finished.

They only exist to help speed up work for the next updates. Just laying the foundations.

You can play them, but be wary....thar be bugs

Quote Originally Posted by Dontfearme22 View Post
    The Mitanni and Sea Peoples are playable, but with the case of Mitanni the unit roster is literally the roster from a year or two ago, so its very out of date(cavalry for gods sake). The sea peoples are there to speed time until the next update, but they are nowhere near finished.

They only exist to help speed up work for the next updates. Just laying the foundations.

You can play them, but be wary....thar be bugs

Okay, so what about Troy? their faction is? (knowing that, i could change it at PFM). Is there a way to prevent the A.I. from running constantly? and at last but not least, i noticed that the Hittite Chariots have no riders.

Just curious is the Knossos roster finished? It seemed much less thorough than the others. Also Aside from the Palatial Guard and Minoan archers, the units for knossos seem kind of generic. "pikemen" and I think an achaean or grecian unit. Im just hoping theres gonna be some more units personal to Knossos, it really helps distinguishes a faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Massicio2 View Post
    Just curious is the Knossos roster finished? It seemed much less thorough than the others. Also Aside from the Palatial Guard and Minoan archers, the units for knossos seem kind of generic. "pikemen" and I think an achaean or grecian unit. Im just hoping theres gonna be some more units personal to Knossos, it really helps distinguishes a faction.
    Its considered finished, but if you have suggestions for improvement, post them either here or the gameplay feedback thread, and we will take it into consideration.

I think the Minoan roster on land is supposed to be a bit sparse, they werent as militaristic as the Mycenaeans certainly.

Okay, so what about Troy? their faction is? (knowing that, i could change it at PFM). Is there a way to prevent the A.I. from running constantly? and at last but not least, i noticed that the Hittite Chariots have no riders.
    Troy is Pergamon, if you dont have the dlc you will need to either get the dlc or change the faction, but we wont officially reorganize factions like that for the most part, for various reasons.

We dont modify the AI

I will look into that bug, it will be fixed in the next update.
    Last edited by Dontfearme22; September 03, 2015 at 07:56 PM.

Thank you, i''l change that now.

I just don't get it; this didn't happened in the Qadesh preview. Everything was fine and balanced...but now, A.I. won't stop rushing; it's so annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontfearme22 View Post
    Its considered finished, but if you have suggestions for improvement, post them either here or the gameplay feedback thread, and we will take it into consideration.

I think the Minoan roster on land is supposed to be a bit sparse, they werent as militaristic as the Mycenaeans certainly.
    I went back and looked at it again I think the only real gap would be a medium or heavy spear unit. After Levy spears there was nothing aside from pikemen. Maybe a minoan spears or minoan infantry unit. Something that would be the bulk or main line mid to late game. Otherwise the main line is being formed by non spear units or pikemen. Personally I think it would only take that one unit to make the roster feel complete. I read recently that a Dr. Molloy believes that the Minoans were defined by war, idk if he means to propose as warlike as the mycenaeans or not but interesting none the least.

EDIT
    Just read through a lot of his publication it seems that in different periods swords were more prevalent than spears and vice versa in minoan art to what degree this reflects actual warfare is unknown. Regardless I think it would be a good addition.
    Last edited by Massicio2; September 03, 2015 at 08:55 PM.

More feedback: Troy has no Chariots. I've always thought that the use of Chariots was common between the Trojans...

I was wrong?

More feedback: Troy has no Chariots. I've always thought that the use of Chariots was common between the Trojans...

I was wrong?
    They just didnt come up as part of the roster. Also, since chariots havent had a lot of dedicated work done with them right now, im trying to limit them until they are a bit more presentable.

Dont worry, everyone gets chariots

GreenyRepublic's Avatar Libertus

Hey everyone! Please post all of your gameplay feedback and the like in the dedicated thread, otherwise things may get a little cluttered.

Just to clarify; there is no playable campaign of any sort at this point in time. For the time being Age of Bronze is a custom battle mod only.
    Last edited by Dontfearme22; September 05, 2015 at 04:55 PM. Reason: removing double-post

I really like everything you did in the Qadesh preview and this version - the only thing that's not perfect at the moment is that some of the faction colours (especially Troy) do seem a bit too bright (to me).

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

This is GREAT news!!!

VINC.XXIII's Avatar Retired

Congrats to the team,

I focus on little things, but Knossos and Mycenes faction symbols are maybe the best I saw around here. Truly appealing .
    The Third Samnite War, a Total War: Rome 2 mod on pre-roman Italy

Patronized by phoenix[illusion]
    [/SPOILER]

Very cool. I suggest PMing some youtuber to get some more positive press. Maybe Warrior of Sparta or THFE.

Also, any plans on moving this to Atilla? I find the gameplay a lot more balanced there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast