Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: [WIP] The Barbarian Invasions - Overhaul Mod for the Grand Campaign with 8 New Starting Dates from 395ad-681ad.With new Custom Units.

Default Re: [WIP] The Barbarian Invasions - Overhaul Mod for the Grand Campaign with 8 New Starting Dates from 395ad-681ad.With new Custom Units.

to FrozenmenSS: your idea about mod is probably the best project on the board ATTILA TW
    I hope will be more historically aspect than fantastic
    By the way big respect for you.Aspecially I waiting for late romans campaign (450) and early bizantine period/dark age...
    This is my favourite period in the history except mid III century.
    Good Luck

Default Re: [WIP] The Barbarian Invasions - Overhaul Mod for the Grand Campaign with 8 New Starting Dates from 395ad-681ad.With new Custom Units.

Great work!

Hope to see it "alive" soon

Anything you need help with?

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by m.minkov View Post
    Great work!

Hope to see it "alive" soon

Anything you need help with?
    PM me ok?

Update: The Khazars and Magyars units are done.(posting pics with the magyars later today) The Gupta unit roster needed some love and now they got good shock cav but week horse archers(no parthian shot) and some kushan units from the Red Huns.

Here are the Flags for the New playable Factions.The Flags are taken From Rome 2.

Bulgarians:
    or or
    All 3 flags are done by Karmela. Why 3 flags? Because in the 681ad campaign there will be 3 Bulgarian factions and the bulgars were migrating to the Volga region,Italy and the Balkans - and for them none of the TW:Attila and Rome 2 flags are suitable
    Avars:

Khazars:
    or
    White Huns:

Red Huns:

Magyars:

Gupta Empire:
    Last edited by FrozenmenSS; October 26, 2015 at 05:33 AM.

Emperor Caesar's Avatar Ordinarius

I'd love to play in 450 with Aetius see if I can save Rome and even 475 and maybe be the Romano-British, maybe with an Arthurian character whoever you decide it might be, like Ambrosius or Riothamus, etc. Hope this comes to fruition.

Excellent idea and business

Did you do Mode?

I would be glad if you give the download links here

teşekküler

Civis

Много ми е чудно какви византийски войници ще сложиш, само да не са такива като в atila total war щото 681 определено не са с такива )

Quote Originally Posted by Vilica View Post
    Много ми е чудно какви византийски войници ще сложиш, само да не са такива като в atila total war щото 681 определено не са с такива )
    dont worry my friend about that.

Great work!!! I love steppe tribes!
    And great units, I download every sebidee's mod for rome 2
    But I'm not sure about the huns cammel riders, are they historical?

Camels were used by many Steppe peoples such as the GokTurks and Mongols, so its possible that the Huns used them as well. They were used mostly for troop and supply transport with the troops dismounting before combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Undeadsloth View Post
    Camels were used by many Steppe peoples such as the GokTurks and Mongols, so its possible that the Huns used them as well. They were used mostly for troop and supply transport with the troops dismounting before combat.
    in the mod only the white huns will get 3 new custom camel units because the aproach of making them unique - Originally the units were called Bactriana Camel .... because the Central Asian Camel was Domesticated first in Bactria,but we choosed to rename them to Hunnic Camel... because to get the voice acting of the units better.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bactrian_camel

The Bactrian Camel is way way stronger and tougher than the Arabian Camel.So why not add such units into the game? the Sassanids were also using Bactrian Camels, why didnt the White and Red huns??
    Last edited by FrozenmenSS; October 19, 2015 at 05:34 PM.

Will we be seeing the Magyar's soon?

Quote Originally Posted by metafish13 View Post
    Will we be seeing the Magyar's soon?
    sorry for my delay, I was a lot of busy working and I didnt had the time to upload the screens with the Magyar units.The units have been done a week ago at least.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenmenSS View Post
    sorry for my delay, I was a lot of busy working and I didnt had the time to upload the screens with the Magyar units.The units have been done a week ago at least.
    Understood. Thank you very much for the hard work. And i apologize for asking. I'm very excited to see the Magyar overhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by metafish13 View Post
    Understood. Thank you very much for the hard work. And i apologize for asking. I'm very excited to see the Magyar overhaul.
    The Magyars are out now. Go to post #53 to see them.

With the Magyars done all the planed units are out.Maybe 1-2 more units(1 chariot unit will be one of them,if Attila allows the unit not to be with buggy animations ans unbalanced...) for the Gupta empire and thats it Folks.

For the Alans and the Slavs we will see what to do in the Future. Oh and a Hint from CA from the last patch - DLC Slavs faction pack 2016

The next update about the mod will be about Campaign map starting position changes.

So stay tuned for the 395ad starting Date...
    Last edited by FrozenmenSS; October 21, 2015 at 07:28 PM.

Excellent. Cannot wait for this to be released. Thank you very much!

where can i download this mod?

Quote Originally Posted by alejandromachine View Post
    where can i download this mod?
    its not out yet. we are testing the mod for stability right now(the 395ad starting date)
    Last edited by FrozenmenSS; November 02, 2015 at 10:21 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

This looks very good! If you need any help whatsoever from a drawing standpoint, please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastoise Groudon View Post
    This looks very good! If you need any help whatsoever from a drawing standpoint, please let me know.
    Yes we need some help in the Art Department. Pm me ok? to talk about it more specifically.
    Last edited by FrozenmenSS; November 11, 2015 at 07:12 AM.