Thread: Escalation of a sub mod

Default Escalation of a sub mod

Greetings all,

So Im rather new to the forum, but got this mod in 2013 and have recently picked it up again. Im a warhammer fan and have the different elf armies so the sundering mod was just for me. I have to say the makers of this mod did a fantastic job, the units are breath taking and I want to thank them for making it!!

So over the last three weeks as a quick break time between my study I have been messing around firstly in the des_unit, then the building, then the mb, and it quickly escalated from there to a large change of the game. Before I collect what I have done and up load it I want to check if there are people interested in it and if I dont make any issues with uploading the mod. It is still beta but these are the changes:

militia units and ai militia armies are no more. Made them non trainable, have been getting better fights.

export_unit tweeks, overhauls, ranges of bows and standard damage, magic ranges and reloads decreased, made griffons a good unit and flies and charges great, nurfed eagles!!, and alot of upkeep changes.

export_building made city building have more trade (I always found it strange that a blacksmith doesnt add to an economy) I may have gone overboard here so I need some people to test it, but it has been giving everyone alot of money in my games which means more armies to fight.

Was really tired of Tiranoc's militia/levy armies........SO, I made them the Tomb kings (which again are beautiful), if you need lore I blame/credit Morathi with that feat. Really fun faction to play, you will suffer losses when fighting them as all their units are lock_moral due their undeadness and not caring if u kill them again.

Wanted something different for Anar so I made them Skaven....very funny to play but insanly difficult! To fight them is amusing but you will win.

Des_strat changes for princesses, Anar and Tiranoc being changed to skaven and tomb kings. added the unique buildings as they where already build if I remember my lore.

Added a bunch of mercenaries mainly Druchii which Tiranoc likes to use on their sacrifices....I really hate Hydras now....

fixed some units or changed them with better looking models and added officers and changed generals where I could:

Ellyrion dismounted knights have shields.
    Mervans unit made an officer armed with the sword and shield.
    added swordmasters of hoeth to hoeth...I really like the swordmasters
    Made Irmik a dragon lord, with him as the dragon rider model made by the team just not used, no more blue dragons without a rider.
    used dismounted Irmik as an officer
    general units:
    dragon princes for nobles of calador,
    knight of arnor for nobles of Nag,
    Merevans mariners as prince merevans body guard,
    got the everqueen working and changed her to a spell caster, with maiden archers as a stand in for the spell caster unit, I need to figure out a better way to do this but she is ingame now I think at least as an officer and the unit is scary.
    Saphery faction leader is an archmage
    tombkings factionleader lich priest, other generals tomb guards (up for debate know that they normaly like to be in their chariots)
    the girffon riders I used the ellyrion horse lords, they are such a sexy unit now! change the general and character too for them to match the green.

I think that is all the changes I have done but Ill have a look before packing it up and uploading it. Hope there are some people interested.

Default Re: Escalation of a sub mod

As I don't have enough posts to edit the above and I had some spare time I collected what I have and uploaded it.
    You can download the mod here: https://www.mediafire.com/?c5j1mk4v8md05v1
    As this is my first sub mod that I am uploading Im sure there will be problems please post any errors or problems here, ill try to fix them as quickly as possible.

This sub mod is for v 0.69.

Im reasonable sure i dont have any other sub mods installed on mine, but there is a chance as I installed this a while ago and dont remember, to please point it out to me so i can remove the link and gain permission from the sub modder to use his material.

To the creators of the mod thank you again for making this fantastic mod. If I have change something that you did not want changed and you want me to remove it please tell me.

Full credit for this mod goes to the team that created it. I just fiddled with it and I hope you enjoy the changes.

Some issues:

I have on my game a bunch of not working unit_info cards. I dont know how to fix this as everything that I have done leads to the peasant from RTW. So I excluded as many of the unit_info cards as possible and hope that it will work with your 0.69 version. Nor do skaven or tomb kings have info cards.

Have gotten some crashes but this is due to a character I made which I removed for the mod. If there is a crash can you try replicating it? Save often is my advice as it usually doesnt happen twice.

There maybe siege engine crashes regarding the blood cauldron or bolt thrower, even when you dont have them. please send me any logs if this happens. there is an easy fix for it but i need to see the log again to replicate it.

Congrats for your work. If you want to edit your post, do not hesitate to send me a PM
    Last edited by Arandir Tur-Anion de Bodemloze; August 25, 2015 at 04:08 PM.

Hey man, I recently downloaded the Sundering and I was looking at your submod when I saw that you replaced some Elven factions with Skaven and Tomb Kings. Does that mean you can now choose to play as the Skaven and the Tomb Kings in the campaign? I love the whole story with the elven civil war, but I think there are too many elven factions (too many to choose from, I mean) and I really would like to play as the other factions in the campaign as opposed to just in custom battle. \

PS: I haven't tried it out in length yet, but hopefully I can be of some help in this mod. It's a great tragedy that it's dead, but maybe now that the original creators are dormant we can fix it and continue their work without a problem. Hope to hear from you soon!

Why does Tiranoc has Tomb Kings units?