Thread: [Released] Traits Overhaul

Default [Released] Traits Overhaul

A Skidvar and Prometheus co-operation mostly based on lua-scripting (Updated 21/ 09)

Other version STEAM VERSION (for use with Ranks&Bonds Mod or Houses, Ranks, and Bonds Mod)

Mod features (short version):
    - More realistic hereditary trait triggers
    - Better overall trait triggers
    - Starting traits are shown immediately in the turn after recruitment (no more suprises after several turns)
    - It takes a longer time for bad traits to trigger
    - Higher chance of good traits
    - New traits to antitraits
    - Ybor & Ollam Ri will only trigger traits which fit their special trait (e.g Ybor with Godan`s Blade will not start as a coward)

This mod is based on lua-scripting and thoroughly playtested. Still, we are happy with any feedback if there are still some unrealistic triggers.

Have fun!

Update: the game only supports 10 traits per character, afterwards it may occur that a trait gets replaced. I don't know if this is a rare phenomenon, but if you lose your ability trait this way it's a big loss, so I've added the option that you may regain your ability trait after winning a battle. Winning a land battle and having no ability trait now may yield the "raise banner" ability trait, winning a sea battle and having no ability trait now may give you the "power of the oars" ability trait. This probably only works when you have 9 traits or less. So you may have to lose one first by gaining an antitrait.
    Last edited by Viking1978; April 28, 2017 at 04:46 AM.

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Default Re: [Released] Traits Overhaul

congratz on release! lets see the feedback

Thanks

The standalone version is now on steam.

@ Sharpy: Thanks! I'd say, Try it out!

@all: I've updated the opening thread with the Steam version. One more thing... Innate traits like intelligent, inbred, charismatic etc. will be added the turn after recruitment just like other starting traits (e.g. healthy, military or admin traits) and for these traits there is NO anti-trait. But I have made sure that a general that is not from the 'royal' family (so who does not have a father) doesn't have the stupid trait or inbred trait. I don't think they would be hired then. They can be boring and ugly, etc, though... Apart from these kind of traits all traits (apart from adulterer traits) have antitraits... In most cases (like the gambling, lazy, etc traits) you have to send them to many battles...

By the way, you can now have a general safely garrisoned for nineteen turns before he has a chance to get these traits, after that he has every 5 turns the chance of getting some of these.
    Last edited by Viking1978; August 25, 2015 at 06:09 AM.

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

is this compatible with big mods? (i.e. Fall of the Eagles, Radious...)
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Both versions should be compatible, but for one you will need the bonds&ranks mod, of course.

Laetus

This is such an awesome mod thank you very much.

Primicerius

Good job on traits! + rep.

By any chance, have you extracted all the original Attila trait triggers? Or have a link to somewhere where they're posted?

Quote Originally Posted by Slaists View Post
    Good job on traits!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slaists View Post
    By any chance, have you extracted all the original Attila trait triggers? Or have a link to somewhere where they're posted?
    Use PFM and upen the data.pack for Attila. There locate the lua.scripts and have a look at the exports_triggers. All the trait triggers are located there.

Great mod! One question, do you have the list of triggers, the actions in your mod which generate good and bad traits? I would like to know how to get good traits and avoid bad ones. For example, in vanilla conscripting enemies into your army generates the harsh trait, which makes no sense.

Sorry, mate, a bit too many to just sum up here unless you can read some scripts... Originally we kept them, but well, but we still change some stuff sometimes... I think we got rid of most of the traits that didn't make sense, like the one you mentioned. Also now we actually have logical anti-traits that will get rid of bad traits (apart from some in-born traits that a character gets immediately after his first turn).
    Last edited by Viking1978; February 04, 2016 at 05:15 PM.

Hi Viking1978, I guess you are the traits expert in Attila. Could you tell me it is possible to add any religion traits in Attila? I mean something similar to those from Barbarian Invasion. Every general was Christian, Pagan, Mithraist etc. Those traits gave more depth to the politics and family tree development. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Great Mod

Quote Originally Posted by fokin View Post
    Hi Viking1978, I guess you are the traits expert in Attila. Could you tell me it is possible to add any religion traits in Attila? I mean something similar to those from Barbarian Invasion. Every general was Christian, Pagan, Mithraist etc. Those traits gave more depth to the politics and family tree development. Any thoughts? Thanks.

We were talking about adding new religious traits some time ago, the basic stuff for that is finished so far, only the descriptions are lacking.

We are also thinking about giving religious generals a chance to rebel if their religion is not the same as the state religion.

Quote Originally Posted by PrometheusTWC View Post
    We were talking about adding new religious traits some time ago, the basic stuff for that is finished so far, only the descriptions are lacking.

We are also thinking about giving religious generals a chance to rebel if their religion is not the same as the state religion.

Great to see such an approach. To which mod exectly are you referring to Prometheus? What about compability with FotE?

Quote Originally Posted by fokin View Post
    Great to see such an approach. To which mod exectly are you referring to Prometheus? What about compability with FotE?

I`m talking about this mod here, the better trait triggers Although it will also be implemented in the next update of Europa Perdita.

As far as I know FotE mostly concerns itself with battle stuff and is compatible with better trait triggers at the moment. The new update will change nothing to the compatibility.

Quote Originally Posted by PrometheusTWC View Post
    I`m talking about this mod here, the better trait triggers Although it will also be implemented in the next update of Europa Perdita.

As far as I know FotE mostly concerns itself with battle stuff and is compatible with better trait triggers at the moment. The new update will change nothing to the compatibility.
    Oh, this one... So, it's high time to give these triggers a go. I will test it and will be back with comments and dusers.

Does it also edit faction traits or does anyone know where I can find something that edits the faction traits? Only the Caledonians seem playable to me as the have the best starting position and the best trait available... I want a rebalance of that =/

Does this mod effect how the AI behaves with war co-ordination targets since i find the vanilla behavior bad and useless. If not does anyone know a mod that changes that to the better?

Hi, like the mod, by anychance could you upload the mod to mediafire pls? GJ with the mod!!!