Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Narcos

Default Re: Narcos (Season 3 Trailer)

Another Cali Cartel skit.

I see it has becoming quite popular.

I got to say the Smart thing in this season was to make the Salcedo character, it did gave a fantastic thrilling dynamic to the season.

Besides the great acting.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    I see it has becoming quite popular.

I got to say the Smart thing in this season was to make the Salcedo character, it did gave a fantastic thrilling dynamic to the season.

Besides the great acting.
    I was amazed when I found out he was real, and a lot of the more outlandish things actually happened.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

I saw some sequences on youtube. Looks way too generic mafia-troped, imo. Maybe such things happen, though; i still found it uninteresting :/

At least s1 and s2 had Escobar, and s1 had some pseudo-documentary feel too.
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

This season is better then the escobar ones imo.... The pseudo docummentary feeling is still there. But there is no Murphy there as a narrator instead is Javi doing it ( Pedro Pascal) Wich is better and more interesting.

I was amazed when I found out he was real, and a lot of the more outlandish things actually happened.
    The wiretaps, and the killings i recon.. yeah.

At anycase it is a easy relatable character. His arch gave the series something that lacked in previous seasons imo.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; September 24, 2017 at 03:08 PM.

White Lineeeeeeeeeees!! Season 4 of Narcos will be out on November 16, with a very Scarface-esque vibe, if you ask me.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

glad to see they didnt throw in after some scumbag killed a location scout, especially if it was really related to some criminals having issues with the show.

Looking great. Can't wait for it. This is a stellar series fo'sure.

Blog Entries

Okay so while the recently dropped season is TECHNICALLY a new show (Branded as Narcos: Mexico) I'm just gonna treat it like season 4.

I am already 5 minutes into the show only to have it be spoiled (likely) by some dick online. But whatever...a show like this is more about the journey, the acting, and brushing up on my abilities to curse in Spanish anyway.

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Default Re: Narcos

Just saw the first episode.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The guy Gallardo & Co calls Joaquin is El Chapo (the dude sitting in the car), the scene where they visit don Pedro Aviles, the narco boss.

The brother of the narco killed by Gallardo at the hotel/restaurant played a similar role in Netflix's El Chapo series, one of the Avendano brothers, the one that survived El Chapo's vengeance.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximinus Thrax View Post
    Just saw the first episode.
    Tell me if I should watch this immediately or not. It's Weekend.

Why are you here instead of binge-watching Narcos?

Diego Luna (Gallardo) lacks the personal charisma and intensity of the actors who were the highlights of the first three seasons

a fact that can easily be seen when he shares the screen with them. Especially when he's pitted against Escobar. The Gentlemen of Cali and Escobar are making cameos during this season!

I'm sure the producers could have chosen a better actor for the lead role, one that wasn't already a Hollywood name, just like they did for the first seasons.

My conclusions

Cons:

- main lead is not menacing/convincing/charismatic enough (Diego Luna); some of the stuff he does seems random (blame it on the script)
    - not enough emphasis on how Gallardo runs his drug empire and coordonate his men once he's on top of the narco chain
    - DEA characters look kind of like an amateur-ish bunch
    - not enough narco motorcades, killings, and violence as portrayed in Netflix's 'El Chapo' series, for example (but that's just me being subjective)
    - few memorable action sequences

Pros:

- more of Narcos, one the best, if not the best tv series in recent years, by far
    - the actor who played Rafa is easily the highlight of this season, seconded by the dude who played Don Neto
    - the Hispanic cast outshines most of the American counterparts, there are some really good actors on the cast
    - CAMEOS!!! (you'll know what I'm talking about once you see the show)

Considering the pace of this show, I reckon the second season will be also about Gallardo and his empire, while the third season will be centered on Amado ''The Lord of the Skies'' and the rise of El Chapo.

LaMuerte's Avatar Senator

Didn't really like the fourth season. Too many clichés and terribly slow pacing. I was hoping that by the end of the fourth season the stage would be set for the real juicy stories. Stories like the rise of the Zetas within the Gulf Cartel, and the subsequent split. Alas, I'm stuck with that binge drinking yokel and his cardboard wife and for another season.

Also the ficticious nature of the show is starting to annoy me. Don't know if it's me or the show that's responsible. But too much seemed nonsensical in season 4.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMuerte View Post
    Stories like the rise of the Zetas within the Gulf Cartel, and the subsequent split.
    Los Zetas formed in 1999, 14 years after the events from the current season. I guess we'll get there eventually in a couple of seasons. ''El Chapo'' features Los Zetas under a different name though.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Narcos Mexico. So good. Love the way they grey the line between who's the good guys and who's the not so bad guys. I'd definitely go for night out with Don Neto, seems a fun guy...

Blog Entries

I think the season wasn't as good as 2-3 but it was still really good.

I wish people on the subreddit weren't so gung-ho about the actual history of this part of the Drug War but I suppose it can't be helped. I only partially knew about some of these things going into it.

I could see this iteration of the show getting 2-3 more seasons. Narcos is one of their most popular shows.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post

I could see this iteration of the show getting 2-3 more seasons. Narcos is one of their most popular shows.
    Wasn't Daredevil #1 ... ?

Blog Entries

Different metrics. I think Narcos is overall more popular worldwide. Think about how big the Spanish market is.

It would be easier to know if Netflix would release data.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast