Thread: cant capture morroco

Default cant capture morroco

i went to go into europe to capture morroco since they had no allies... anyway when i attack there is no besiege popup, but for some reason i was able to capture indian settlements, can america only capture american reigions, only indian settlements, or what. what ever it is i just want a fix soon.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: cant capture morroco

Welcome, irishdemon98. Leonardo posted here in response to a question about this mod to say that "I'm afraid that your question was posted 2-3 years too late and the TAR team hasn't been around for ages, so that means the TAR mod has been abandoned". So no fix is coming, unless another player of TAR is working on one. I am sorry about that. As I see it, you have three options:

1. Play TAR and only capture regions which the game allows you to capture

2. Use the resources in the Mod Workshop to investigate the problem (you could post a request for help there, although if the TAR team are not here anymore, it seems likely that no-one will know the solution - so you would probably need to work it out independently, using the tools and resources in the Mod Workshop to help you)

3. Play another mod which allows you to play as the Thirteen Colonies/United States. Fortunately, you have several options. You could use any one of these mods:-
    (Empire Total War already allows players to play a United States campaign from 1783, of course - part 4 of the Road to Independence. In the list below, when I say that a mod allows you to play as the United States, this means that you can play as the United States from 1700, in the Grand Campaign.)

- Darthmod, to play as the Thirteen Colonies. Darthmod has a long list of improvements including better AI, additional units and many changes intended to provide better game-play. You can improve the experience further with sub-mods such as Bran's AI settings mod. Darthmod is available from the Hosted Mods area.

- Empire Total Factions, to play as the Thirteen Colonies or United States. Empire Total Factions provides more of a 'vanilla-style' game-play experience compared to Darthmod. This mod includes Darthmod AI. You can get this mod from the Hosted Mods area, in the 'StartPos Mods' section. This mod does not include extra US units, but you can use the Additional Units Mod or md1453's US units pack, to give the US more units. The Additional Units Mod and md1453's US units pack are available from the Mod Threads forum, in the 'Unit Packs and Stats' area.

- Sturm und Drang, to play as the United States. Sturm und Drang is focused on the rise of new nations. With this mod, you get a custom mission for the US, extra US units including different militia units in different US states and improved AI. You can get this mod from the Hosted Mods area, in the 'StartPos Mods' section.

- Early American Revolution, to play as the United States. Like Empire Total Factions, this mod allows you to play the US with a more 'vanilla' experience. This mod does not include AI - you can use Bran's Empire Campaign AI to provide that (Bran's AI mod is available from the Mod Threads forum, in the 'Gameplay Tweaks' section). This mod has the option of an 'East India Company' scenario (in which Britain will take over regions in India in the 1700s, as they historically did) and I have experienced a British naval invasion from India when using that scenario. An optional extra units pack is included or you can use the Additional Units Mod or another US units pack instead. This mod is available from the 'Mod Threads' forum, in the 'Miscellaneous' section. There is a link in my signature below.

- These United Colonies, to play as the Thirteen Colonies. This mod allows you to follow a historical path (if you want to), playing through Queen Anne's War, the French and Indian War and then having a revolution and fighting your American Revolutionary War under the flag of the United States. (Normally, if you have a revolution in your capital region, you can choose to join the rebels and, if you take the capital, become a republic. But, if you play as the Thirteen Colonies and have a revolution you cannot join the rebels. This mod fixes that problem, allowing you to have a rebellion as the Thirteen Colonies, to join the rebels and become a republic). This mod has a unit pack with historical units. This mod does not include improved AI; you can add that using Bran's Empire Campaign AI (Bran's AI mod is available from the Mod Threads forum, in the 'Gameplay Tweaks' section). This mod offers different ways of customizing your experience, with sub-mods which tweak different elements of the game-play. (You could use those sub-mods with another mod such as Early American Revolution or Empire Total Factions if you prefer.) This mod is available from the 'Mod Threads' forum, in the 'Miscellaneous' section. There is a link in my signature below.

I highly recommend all of these mods! There are downsides to each of these mods. My mods (the last two) are less advanced than the other mods (e.g. they don't include better AI, although can add another mod to do that); if you play as the Thirteen Colonies in Darthmod, you cannot have a revolution and become a republic; if you use Empire Total Factions, you do not get any extra units (although you can add another mod to do that); if you use Sturm und Drang, if you capture regions in Europe you can recruit very few types of units there - but I have enjoyed using all of them.
    Last edited by Alwyn; August 23, 2015 at 02:21 AM.

Default Re: cant capture morroco

i'm assuming you want the region so you can cycle candidates to get a higher average,
    try iceland if it doesnt have a wall
    My 6 2nd rates routed in horror from 1 brig + 1 5th rate on auto-resolve....