Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [PREVIEW] Divide et Impera 1.1: Campaign Changes

Default Re: [PREVIEW] Divide et Impera 1.1: Campaign Changes

Have you guys thought about win conditions? I finished many more campaigns back in EB when the win conditions were reasonable for the smaller factions.
    Sometimes conquering the world as a small faction isn't as fun as doing it as the major ones.

suras333's Avatar Semisalis

How about the missions and objectives

MagicCuboid's Avatar Biarchus

Have I noticed that the Romans have been split between the Populares and the Optimates as well?
    "I've snapped and plotted all my life. There's no other way to be alive, king, and fifty all at once." - Henry II, The Lion in Winter

Quote Originally Posted by MagicCuboid View Post
    Have I noticed that the Romans have been split between the Populares and the Optimates as well?
    I think that's only for the Macedonian Wars campaign.

Yes that is only for the Macedonian War campaign, it is the easiest/quickest to load so I used it for the traits preview.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

These changes look excellent! I particularly like the new look for towns and cities and the introduction of regional effects.
    I've had a thought, but I am unsure as to how do-able it would be. Is it possible to add more Army Emblems, or at least allow the multiple use of the same ones?

It was my impression that Pergamon would receive a roster overhaul for the Macedonian Campaign and that it'll carry over to the Grand Campaign - is that correct?

The list of campaign changes is very impressive, I've put Rome II on hold until this baby's released.

Very impressive work, I'm drooling all over the place ! And that doesn't even include the supply system yet !!

Oh you guys deserve so much kudos !
    Getting on the hype train !!

Take as much time as you need, BUT GIVE ME IT NOW DAMNIT.

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore View Post
    It was my impression that Pergamon would receive a roster overhaul for the Macedonian Campaign and that it'll carry over to the Grand Campaign - is that correct?

The list of campaign changes is very impressive, I've put Rome II on hold until this baby's released.
    We don't have a specific roster overhaul planned for Pergamon, but they have received some new units. In the Mac War campaign they will have access to some of our AOR and other units (such as Galatians) that other factions won't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
    These changes look excellent! I particularly like the new look for towns and cities and the introduction of regional effects.
    I've had a thought, but I am unsure as to how do-able it would be. Is it possible to add more Army Emblems, or at least allow the multiple use of the same ones?
    I'm almost positive CA allowed multible use of emblems in one of their patches. And then several patches later that option was no longer there. I don't know if it's something we can fix, but I agree that would be nice.

Adding emblems would be neat as well. We do have pretty detailed accounts of which symbol each legion used for example, so something like a boar, lion, and dragon could be added to Rome.

In theory its as simple as adding new image files to the ui section.

More historic emblems, or at least more eagles for Rome would be amazing!

To start I can work on giving some of spreading around the various culture emblems that fit with other cultures. Then we can look into how exactly to add new ones.

I am looking forward to the supply system. In a vanilla Carthage game I had Syracuse playing whack a mole with me, their army landed in Hadramut, which I promptly retook, then they ran away and starting to take my unwalled cities in the desert. I kept chasing them around Numidia and the Sahara forever before I finally managed to catch up and annihilate them. It just doesn't make sense that the desert can support a full 20 stack of enemy troops, totally cut off from their line of supply (no line back to Syracuse). There should be crippling attrition. Belisarius was very careful to keep to the coast when marching on Vandal Carthage to maintain the line of supply to his ships.

Hey Dresden, thank you and your team for dei, it really made rome 2 a better game.

Do you plan on doing something for Arche Bosphorus in terms of thei troops? I really liked their armour in the black sea colonies culture pack, now they seem to have the standart greek factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Moscavich View Post
    I'm almost positive CA allowed multible use of emblems in one of their patches. And then several patches later that option was no longer there. I don't know if it's something we can fix, but I agree that would be nice.

Adding emblems would be neat as well. We do have pretty detailed accounts of which symbol each legion used for example, so something like a boar, lion, and dragon could be added to Rome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    In theory its as simple as adding new image files to the ui section.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    To start I can work on giving some of spreading around the various culture emblems that fit with other cultures. Then we can look into how exactly to add new ones.

Yeah I remember that too.
    Thanks for the responses. Yeah, a bit more historical authenticity would be great, it does feel a bit odd when the Roman Legions are flying Punic emblems.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by jacketmax View Post
    Hey Dresden, thank you and your team for dei, it really made rome 2 a better game.

Do you plan on doing something for Arche Bosphorus in terms of thei troops? I really liked their armour in the black sea colonies culture pack, now they seem to have the standart greek factions.
    Bosphorus already had fully fleshed out unique army, even their hoplites look different then regular greek troops.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Few guys managed to make x2 better game then CA studio... Amazing work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauzer View Post
    Few guys managed to make x2 better game then CA studio... Amazing work.
    Yeah, really amazed and baffled!
    Last edited by eliasandersson; August 27, 2015 at 10:29 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast