Thread: Mitch Mod Manager

Joysong's Avatar Miles

Default Mitch Mod Manager

After installing patch 17_beta mitch mod manager doesn't seem to work properly anymore.
    for Dei and submods this is a much have to for a good load order.
    Last edited by Joysong; August 25, 2015 at 04:24 AM.

Default Re: Mitch Mod Manager

You can also use the Steam mod manager and just make sure the pack files you want to load higher are first alphabetically in the data folder.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

With Patch 17 I can't even get the Steam mod manager to work. It just launches vanilla when I try to run Rome 2 (no launcher with mod manager or anything)

I don't understand what you mean by step 6. What blue icon, where at in steam?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatWhichThinks View Post
    With Patch 17 I can't even get the Steam mod manager to work. It just launches vanilla when I try to run Rome 2 (no launcher with mod manager or anything)
    They changed a few things in the launcher itself, a couple of filters, sort and enable all and a delete all option. You probably didn't get the updated launcher for some reason. Did you have custom launch options enabled or maybe try verification ?

Well MM doesn't work, but my solutions was to renumber (rename) the mods that i am using in load order, example

_MyMod to 010_MyMod, 020_, etc... in way that i wanted them to load (example DEI being 090_ and 091_ respectively) and then enable them in TW launcher.

As for Mitch Major factions, it appears to be working in this way, but i need to play little bit more , as i only have 4 factions as major and they haven't fought anyone yet, although mod does keeps battle log.

It takes few seconds to rename mods and it should work as temporary solution , until someone figures out why in the world CA decided to throw yet another Curveball for no reason..(testing something for Warhammer perhaps)?
    Last edited by Tariq; August 21, 2015 at 10:09 PM.

Joysong's Avatar Miles

thx my solution is not working for additional mods. thx!

Neither my Rome II Mod Manager nor my Attila Mod Manager work! Can someone tell me, if I download them again, where I install them? Data? Desktop?

It wasn't working me either, but I did find a pretty good workaround.

1. load up the mod manager

2. tick the mods you want to play with, then press launch. once the original steam launcher opens, press play. the game won't load at all, but at this point it has saved your mod launcher information in the user.script file.

3. go to the folder housing your user.script file. mine is "C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2\scripts"

4. find the user.script file, open up the properties, and set it to read-only.

5. right click your steam icon in the bottom right, and launch Rome 2 through your recently played games list.

6. voila. now you can play Rome 2 with the mods you've chosen in the mod manager. it's a bit of a hassle, but aside from renaming all of your mods in alphabetical order, or manually inputting each and every one of them in your user.script file, it seems to be the most practical so far.

Quote Originally Posted by benevlan View Post
    It wasn't working me either, but I did find a pretty good workaround.

1. load up the mod manager

2. tick the mods you want to play with, then press launch. once the original steam launcher opens, press play. the game won't load at all, but at this point it has saved your mod launcher information in the user.script file.

3. go to the folder housing your user.script file. mine is "C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2\scripts"

4. find the user.script file, open up the properties, and set it to read-only.

5. right click your steam icon in the bottom right, and launch Rome 2 through your recently played games list.

6. voila. now you can play Rome 2 with the mods you've chosen in the mod manager. it's a bit of a hassle, but aside from renaming all of your mods in alphabetical order, or manually inputting each and every one of them in your user.script file, it seems to be the most practical so far.
    This is interesting. I'll be sure to give it ago once 1.1 launches.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurolandish View Post
    This is interesting. I'll be sure to give it ago once 1.1 launches.

Cheers.
    yep, it was a pretty obscure tip I found while scouring for insight on the mod manager issue. not sure why it isn't more wide-spread, renaming all of your mods in alphabetical order just seems a bit.. tedious? lol