Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] Divide et Impera Hardcore and Softcore Submods

Default Re: [Official Submod] Divide et Impera Hardcore and Softcore Submods

Its religion_drift in campaign_variables table. In normal DeI its .05, in hardcore its .03

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Hardcore mod - still the most important submod of DeI to me.

Much better than ramping up campaign difficulty to VH/LG, because it does not mean you will face an endless stream of hostile stacks, because CA gives the AI +X recruitment slots each.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Its religion_drift in campaign_variables table. In normal DeI its .05, in hardcore its .03
    Should I use 0.2 or it will be an overkill ???

Thanks mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ritterlichvon86 View Post
    Hardcore mod - still the most important submod of DeI to me.

Much better than ramping up campaign difficulty to VH/LG, because it does not mean you will face an endless stream of hostile stacks, because CA gives the AI +X recruitment slots each.
    I couldn't agree more. It's the same for me.

You can try .02 or even .01 (make sure its .02 and not .2, I made that mistake before)

You can try .02 or even .01 (make sure its .02 and not .2, I made that mistake before)
    I will.
    Thanks mate.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; March 25, 2017 at 05:55 PM.

Dresden and Στρατηγε - a question : what is your view - a normal/normal campaign with hardcore sub mod will lead to a more realistic campaign ? (rather than using hard/normal) (normal for battles).
    i tried the imperator campaign on hard/normal but noticed that octavian got destroyed in 40 turns by the gauls . will the hardcore mode give more bonuses ?? should i try it on normal/normal ?

Those mods are more about making it harder or easier for the player not necessarily AI vs AI. But, higher difficulties and the hardcore mod will make the AI more aggressive overall.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelpap View Post
    Dresden and Στρατηγε - a question : what is your view - a normal/normal campaign with hardcore sub mod will lead to a more realistic campaign ? (rather than using hard/normal) (normal for battles).
    i tried the imperator campaign on hard/normal but noticed that octavian got destroyed in 40 turns by the gauls . will the hardcore mode give more bonuses ?? should i try it on normal/normal ?
    Ι prefer to use hard campaigns with Normal battles and Hardcore mod without CAI changes. That's the best combination for my taste

Hallo Dresden (Are Ýou from there?). I have a smalll problem. I´m running DeI 1.2 together with 24 tp and guaranteed major factions without problems (thanks for creating it btw.). But as soon as i add @NoPOGarrison, @deireducedupkeepcost and ____Dresden_Sack_Liberate_Dipl_DeI and open the Steam TW Modmanager, these files simply disappear from data. What am i doing wrong?

Change the names of the mod files, try adding a @ to the front of each.

Also, you don't need the guaranteed major factions mod.

I downloaded the entire softcore mod because i thought DeI 1.2 was a little to hard for me especially since the AI was so aggressive. I love the mod and i love DeI. Its an amazing achievement and im looking forward to its completion.

I was just wondering. I know have the entire softcore mod implemented and this makes the game a bit easier for me. I still got raped by epirus liberating all my towns in Italia and gaining me a lot of my old enemies. I really want to play Hard/Normal because i want a challenge. Does the softcore mod need a specific difficulty. Does it get unbalanced in a way if i choose Hard Campaign difficulty?

Thanks again so much for this awesome piece of work!

It doesn't need a specific difficulty, but Hard will always be more aggressive and well...harder

It doesn't need a specific difficulty, but Hard will always be more aggressive and well...harder
    Thanks a lot for the answer Dresden. Im trying to get a Rome campaign out of the cradle but so far if ive managed to defeat Epirus, Carthage comes calling after a little while and its hard! Maybe I shouldn't be so stubborn and go for Normal in my next playthrough! ��

I would recommend normal to anyone for 1.2 to start out. It has a lot of changes and a much more aggressive CAI. Also as Rome, Carthage will escalate to war if you take syracuse.

Black_Rider's Avatar Ordinarius

Is this submod compatibile with new 1.2.1 patch ?

Updated hardcore submod to be compatible with 1.2.1. Softcore should already be compatible.

Variations of hardcore updated as well right ???

Cheers.

Yes they should be good to go, if you have any issues let me know.

Yes they should be good to go, if you have any issues let me know.
    Sure. I'll test Hardcore Pop and Hardcore No CAI.

Thanks for keeping this mod updated. I started new Odrissian campaign yesterday using hardcore mod (the one that includes everything) and noticed that every AI faction I discovered was agressive/devious by default, is it supposed to be like this (to make things harder perhaps)?