Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: [Official Submod] Divide et Impera Hardcore and Softcore Submods

Default Re: [Official Submod] Divide et Impera Hardcore and Softcore Submods

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects_tables:

for player (true into human column)

-3 legendary
    -2 vh
    -1 hard
    0 normal
    1 easy

for AI (false into human column)

3 legendary
    2 vh
    1 hard
    0 normal
    -1 easy

so to play at normal with hard values you'll simply have to copy the hard values into the normal lines.
    that's all you need to change

Thanks for clarifying. That looked like that was the case! It looks like the handicap bonuses don't really affect AI personality much like the hardcore/softcore aggressive AI variants from Dresden do.

It seems they mostly just modify empire costs, research time, agent success, siege related stuff etc. which may possibly translate to different AI decisions.

What are peoples experiences playing normal vs hard campaign difficulty on DEI? Does it just draw the campaign out more on Hard or does it actually translate to better gameplay?

I'm thinking of doing the Hardcore Aggressive AI only but I feel it may just create a world war environment where as right now, there isn't much aggression from factions on turn 130+. Would increasing to Hard alone have a meta effect on AI aggression?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Primicerius

The things that change more between normal and hard are money per turn gained, PO and (mostly) diplomacy.
    The best way to have an hardcore DeI version is to play it at normal difficulty while lowering the bonuses. You'll avoid war spams this way and if you find the right spot, the one that suits you, the campaign will be more interesting and less rushed.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 29, 2019 at 03:18 PM.

Is the submods compatible for the current version?

Yes

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Libertus

Hi, can i ask for a softcore where the only thing changed is party loyalty imperium change (preferably plus 10 party loyalty more then the current values)?

basically instead of -35 party loyalty for imperium level 8 it's only -25 etc.

I'm asking this because i'm playing on hard difficulty and every thing is fine except that every turn i'm on the verge of civil war due to a permanant -15 party loyalty due to hard difficulty level which makes playing as a republic pretty much impossible

I can't remember if the softcore submod has that in there right now, but it can be changed in the effect bundles to effects table - the Politics one.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Jake Armitage's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by lordgeorgr141 View Post
    Hi, can i ask for a softcore where the only thing changed is party loyalty imperium change (preferably plus 10 party loyalty more then the current values)?

basically instead of -35 party loyalty for imperium level 8 it's only -25 etc.

I'm asking this because i'm playing on hard difficulty and every thing is fine except that every turn i'm on the verge of civil war due to a permanant -15 party loyalty due to hard difficulty level which makes playing as a republic pretty much impossible
    to change the loyalty coming from imperium level you'll have to change the values in the script, the db ones are dummy (they will be read as txt values)

you can use one of these packs to have +10 loyalty:

- this one is changing the script values for imperium (not the texts), always compatible except for testudo, pigs and probably realism
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/4v5cmu..._-10.pack/file

- this one is adding a background effect (without txt) through db, compatible with anything
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/wo05f...alty.pack/file