Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] Divide et Impera Hardcore and Softcore Submods

Default Re: [Official Submod] Divide et Impera Hardcore and Softcore Submods

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects_tables:

for player (true into human column)

-3 legendary
    -2 vh
    -1 hard
    0 normal
    1 easy

for AI (false into human column)

3 legendary
    2 vh
    1 hard
    0 normal
    -1 easy

so to play at normal with hard values you'll simply have to copy the hard values into the normal lines.
    that's all you need to change

Thanks for clarifying. That looked like that was the case! It looks like the handicap bonuses don't really affect AI personality much like the hardcore/softcore aggressive AI variants from Dresden do.

It seems they mostly just modify empire costs, research time, agent success, siege related stuff etc. which may possibly translate to different AI decisions.

What are peoples experiences playing normal vs hard campaign difficulty on DEI? Does it just draw the campaign out more on Hard or does it actually translate to better gameplay?

I'm thinking of doing the Hardcore Aggressive AI only but I feel it may just create a world war environment where as right now, there isn't much aggression from factions on turn 130+. Would increasing to Hard alone have a meta effect on AI aggression?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

The things that change more between normal and hard are money per turn gained, PO and (mostly) diplomacy.
    The best way to have an hardcore DeI version is to play it at normal difficulty while lowering the bonuses. You'll avoid war spams this way and if you find the right spot, the one that suits you, the campaign will be more interesting and less rushed.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 29, 2019 at 03:18 PM.

Is the submods compatible for the current version?

Yes

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Libertus

Hi, can i ask for a softcore where the only thing changed is party loyalty imperium change (preferably plus 10 party loyalty more then the current values)?

basically instead of -35 party loyalty for imperium level 8 it's only -25 etc.

I'm asking this because i'm playing on hard difficulty and every thing is fine except that every turn i'm on the verge of civil war due to a permanant -15 party loyalty due to hard difficulty level which makes playing as a republic pretty much impossible

I can't remember if the softcore submod has that in there right now, but it can be changed in the effect bundles to effects table - the Politics one.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by lordgeorgr141 View Post
    Hi, can i ask for a softcore where the only thing changed is party loyalty imperium change (preferably plus 10 party loyalty more then the current values)?

basically instead of -35 party loyalty for imperium level 8 it's only -25 etc.

I'm asking this because i'm playing on hard difficulty and every thing is fine except that every turn i'm on the verge of civil war due to a permanant -15 party loyalty due to hard difficulty level which makes playing as a republic pretty much impossible
    to change the loyalty coming from imperium level you'll have to change the values in the script, the db ones are dummy (they will be read as txt values)

you can use one of these packs to have +10 loyalty:

- this one is changing the script values for imperium (not the texts), always compatible except for testudo, pigs and probably realism
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/4v5cmu..._-10.pack/file

- this one is adding a background effect (without txt) through db, compatible with anything
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/wo05f...alty.pack/file

Hardcore works for newest version?

It should yes

LOL I just installed the Hardcore submod and now literally every faction hates me. I was friendly with like half before. Is this intended?

Should I not be using the Hardcore mod this early? I'm at like Turn 40 with Rome and a Normal Campaign and things are getting really easy since I'm raking in like 14000 a turn with 3 standing armies. Are things going to get tougher for me? I'm not really being pressure on very many fronts right now. Just in the south with Carthage.
    Last edited by Asparagus; July 28, 2020 at 08:03 PM.

Love NCAA football? Go here.

Well, its called Hardcore. It drastically increases AI war declaration.

I like that they're going to declare war more. I had way too much agency in which wars to fight, but I'm not sure how to make treaties with factions anymore since literally everyone hates me now.

I had trade agreements with like 20+ factions and NA pacts with around 5, but even all of these factions hate me.

Love NCAA football? Go here.

Turning it on mid campaign probably also affects that, since you don't have time for those relationships to naturally develop from the early game. But, yes, its basically total war with the hardcore mod on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Turning it on mid campaign probably also affects that, since you don't have time for those relationships to naturally develop from the early game. But, yes, its basically total war with the hardcore mod on.
    is there any way to play with the full Hardcore mod (including the AI aggression) but turn down the aggression and/or diplomacy maluses so i dont immediately lose all the trade agreements and NAP i had developed during the early game? something like a sweet spot. cause im kind of confused which of those values I should change to relax the diplomacy (or which file to open in a pack manager)
    thanks!

You can use the hardcore mod that doesnt have the CAI changes. Otherwise the AI isn't really a subtle thing in Rome 2.

Does the Steam version of the hardcore mod work with the latest DEI update?

It doesn't seem to be working for me - I've tried both the normal and the beta launcher, and the hardcore mod is at the top of the load order, but the research and building times and costs are all still in line with vanilla DEI.

EDIT: I have all three parts of DEI, the All Factions Playable 4TPY and 4TPY build/research/cost submods and the arcade graphics, no clouds and fewer trade ships mods, no other mods. I've tried disabling both the 4TPY mods and the costs and research times don't change from the standard 4TPY costs and time.
    Last edited by Swarbs; December 28, 2020 at 05:09 AM.

It seems that softcore CAI mod is something that I'm looking for... But unfortunately DeI_cai_personality_deal_evaluation_deal_component_values and DeI_cai_personality_diplomatic_event_values have less rows than it's equivalents in last DeI versions which indicates that submod is not up to date. Is it possible to get updated version? And what with DeI_cai_personalities tables which change military_agressiveness_policy? It will be working with the latest version of DeI?

@K4mil It should be fine, those extra rows are just for Seleucid satrapies so they don't get weird.

Updated hardcore submods for 1.2.7, softcore should be okay

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    The things that change more between normal and hard are money per turn gained, PO and (mostly) diplomacy.
    The best way to have an hardcore DeI version is to play it at normal difficulty while lowering the bonuses. You'll avoid war spams this way and if you find the right spot, the one that suits you, the campaign will be more interesting and less rushed.
    Where do we find all of the bonuses using rpfm?

campaign difficulty tables are where you will find the bonuses for difficulty levels