Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] Divide et Impera Hardcore and Softcore Submods

Default Re: [Official Submod] Divide et Impera Hardcore and Softcore Submods

Softcore mod seems to be having the adverse effect since the latest Rome II patch.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by jamiemgr View Post
    Softcore mod seems to be having the adverse effect since the latest Rome II patch.
    Other people having similar reports lately.
    Let's summon Dresden

The softcore mod is the same and no CAI changes have been made in the main mod.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    The softcore mod is the same and no CAI changes have been made in the main mod.
    So maybe it's the AI just acts like you know AI.
    I'll keep an eye for similar reports and let you know though, just to be sure.

Yes please do, its possible that they changed something in the base game to make the AI more aggressive. If they did, it would be good to know.

Yes please do, its possible that they changed something in the base game to make the AI more aggressive. If they did, it would be good to know.
    Sure I'll keep you posted.

Something is breaking the AI's ability to be at peace when using softcore...

Quote Originally Posted by CIaagent11 View Post
    Something is breaking the AI's ability to be at peace when using softcore...
    ???? I just sign a peace with Epeiros being Rome after conquering Taras.

If you read the diplomacy guide, it will explain that most things are very random in campaigns. It may just be confirmation bias - something happens that makes it seem like factions are more aggressive then you start looking for things that confirm it.

Its also possible that CA increased something hidden in the game for aggression. But the softcore mod is the same as its always been in terms of settings.

That might be. But is the AI supposed to just declare war on me when we're allied, and conquer a settlement with 0 turns warning and without even having to cut the alliance first? Several people have reported that everyone seems to declare war on them.

If you read the diplomacy guide, it will explain that most things are very random in campaigns. It may just be confirmation bias - something happens that makes it seem like factions are more aggressive then you start looking for things that confirm it.

Its also possible that CA increased something hidden in the game for aggression. But the softcore mod is the same as its always been in terms of settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by CIaagent11 View Post
    That might be. But is the AI supposed to just declare war on me when we're allied, and conquer a settlement with 0 turns warning and without even having to cut the alliance first? Several people have reported that everyone seems to declare war on them.
    Then maybe it's that Dresden already said. Maybe CA have changed something in the main game's aggression.

Its a common report though for 1.2 for people who are new, are playing on higher difficulties, are playing certain factions, etc. I am not saying that there isn't something changed or going on, but its a very similar report that I get regularly since we made the CAI more aggressive.

Its a common report though for 1.2 for people who are new, are playing on higher difficulties, are playing certain factions, etc. I am not saying that there isn't something changed or going on, but its a very similar report that I get regularly since we made the CAI more aggressive.
    Yeah it could be that as well.
    No worries, we'll figure it out eventually.

Aram Kurdo's Avatar Tiro

can you please explain more about :

DeI Softcore 1.2 Only AI Aggression (Just changes war/peace/AI personality settings)

DeI Softcore 1.2 No CAI Aggression (Just changes other parts, not CAI settings)

i couldnt understand much about CAI or AI! i want reduced squalor and other penalties but not reducing AI smartness!
    Racists and Fascists Call You Terrorists, Humanity Calls You "FREEDOM FIGHTER"
    YPJ (Women protection Units) Warriors in Rojava (Kurdistan Of Syria)

If you don't want to reduce AI aggressiveness, get the softcore submod with NO CAI Aggression changes.

Aram Kurdo's Avatar Tiro

thanks for the reply.

1. Reduced CAI Setting, how much does reduce its aggressivness? for example on Normal or Hard Difficulty?
    2. is NO CAI Setting softcore does have plus aggressivness added to the main Mod one too and more agressive AI even more than Basie Mod?
    3. how much the softcore reduces Squalor and Diplomatic Penalty?
    4. can softcore CAI Setting and NO CAI Setting be mixed and work with each other both?

im sorry if i asked alot and thanks for the answer in further .
    Last edited by Aram Kurdo; December 19, 2017 at 08:57 AM.

1. It reduces it to around vanilla levels I would say, its hard to say specifically because the CAI is very random in this game.
    2. No, the NO CAI mod has no CAI changes at all
    3. Its not that much, a few points. But it helps and it adds up.
    4. The NO CAI version already has the softcore submod in it, just without the CAI parts.

Aram Kurdo's Avatar Tiro

thanks alot for your respondering and patience friend.

i just mistakenly typed number 4 as CAI, but i edit it i mean ONLY AI setting actually so this was question :

" 4. softcore ONLY AI Aggression and NO CAI Aggression, can both mods be in the folder and run at the same time? and doesnt it make issues and problems for the AI? "

My gratitudes for the reply again.
    Last edited by Aram Kurdo; December 20, 2017 at 05:44 AM.

Why would you use both? Just use the sofctore submod (the base version). The ONLY and the NO CAI versions do opposite things.

Aram Kurdo's Avatar Tiro

oh the base version! i didnt see that first thanks.

but when i used NO CAI dozens of factions declared war one me from the very first turns! but both had not that issue, i hope base version doest have that problem.