Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] Divide et Impera Hardcore and Softcore Submods

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: [Official Submod] Divide et Impera Hardcore and Softcore Submods

Quote Originally Posted by meerkatology View Post
    same with AI income and such ?
    Νot sure for the AI. So Dresden should answer that.

Quote Originally Posted by meerkatology View Post
    same with AI income and such ?
    Depend on witch one you chose:

DeI Hardcore 1.2 - includes all, aggression, bonuses to the AI, decrease bonuses for you

DeI Hardcore 1.2 Only AI Aggression - just the aggression

DeI Hardcore 1.2 No CAI Aggression - no aggression, bonuses to the AI, decrease bonuses for you

----------

Dresden I think I fund a small bug in the hardcore mod:

take a look under the fallowing table:

campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects_tables
    _HCDeI_campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This actually increase the mercenary cost for the AI not the player. I believe it should be the other way around. The player should get the increase from 20 to 40.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; March 19, 2018 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

Woops, yeah you are right. I may just lower it back to 20 for both.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

when you add the hardcore submod do you play with normal difficulty or do you have to put it to hard for it to work?

Whatever difficulty you want.

With the latest CAI problems I would suggest Normal/Normal plus hardcore. Until we completely fix the CAI issues.

I'm currently playing with the hardcore submod + reduced upkeep in an N/N game, and I love the result and balance so far. The game feels overall harder, and everybody feels like is having a hard time dealing with the hampered economy. Even the multiple barbarians attacking me, although fielding much more troops than I (cuz their soldiers are indeed cheaper) seem like they need some time to assemble an impressive force after I win a decisive battle. My game is feeling dynamic and challenging. This has been a fantastic alternative to playing in very hard difficulty, considering the CAI bug discussed in this forum.

I, however, have a question. I'm currently in war with almost the whole world. None of these wars was started by me. I'm having trouble establishing any trade agreements, and all my client states declared their independence and did again after I subdued them. Alliances with me are non-existent. Is this intended? Is it possible for me to have lasting alliances or client states while playing the hardcore submod? This is the only thing that's bugging me about my game right now. It is indeed cool to have a hard time protecting multiple fronts, but it also feels cheap to simply have the whole world inexorably at war with me.

You can try the no-CAI changes hardcore mod.

Quote Originally Posted by gabrielscunha View Post
    I, however, have a question. I'm currently in war with almost the whole world. None of these wars was started by me. I'm having trouble establishing any trade agreements, and all my client states declared their independence and did again after I subdued them. Alliances with me are non-existent. Is this intended? Is it possible for me to have lasting alliances or client states while playing the hardcore submod? This is the only thing that's bugging me about my game right now. It is indeed cool to have a hard time protecting multiple fronts, but it also feels cheap to simply have the whole world inexorably at war with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    You can try the no-CAI changes hardcore mod.
    Ι'll also add for @gabrielscunha's information that you could enable-disable hardcore-softcore mods anytime during your gameplay sessions.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 01, 2018 at 02:10 PM.

Thank you for the answer guys.

I actually like the increased aggressiveness. I find the normal diff. aggressiveness pretty non-existent. Hence the use of the hardcore submod in its full function.

I only ask if it's intended the whole world declaring war or maybe it is because I'm Rome and a menacing superpower.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

I actually like the increased aggressiveness. I find the normal diff. aggressiveness pretty non-existent. Hence the use of the hardcore submod in its full function.

I only ask if it's intended the whole world declaring war or maybe it is because I'm Rome and a menacing superpower.
    Hey @gabrielscunha,

We've been lately discussing the same issue in this thread.

I had a similar problem while playing my campaign with the alternative economy and cultural tension submods. The campaign has been exciting and challenging, but the AI's diplomatic stubbornness was kind of breaking it.

I found this mod here on steam http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=211071903, which we know is outdated and not really made compatible with DeI.

I tried it, though, and it paid off. I used it only for a couple of turns and it significantly helped me to stabilize my diplomatic position with other factions and pushed through a couple of trade agreements, etc.

Use it at your own risk if you want and make sure that you have a valid savegame prior to trying it.
    Last edited by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~; April 02, 2018 at 06:11 AM.

Plus the game has no real diplomatic mechanism and all actions are random.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 02, 2018 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by seleukos99 View Post
    Hey @gabrielscunha,

We've been lately discussing the same issue in this thread.

I had a similar problem while playing my campaign with the alternative economy and cultural tension submods. The campaign has been exciting and challenging, but the AI's diplomatic stubbornness was kind of breaking it.

I found this mod here on steam http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=211071903, which we know is outdated and not really made compatible with DeI.

I tried it, though, and it paid off. I used it only for a couple of turns and it significantly helped me to stabilize my diplomatic position with other factions and pushed through a couple of trade agreements, etc.

Use it at your own risk if you want and make sure that you have a valid savegame prior to trying it.
    Thank you, my friend. I'll try it out.

Dresden, is there a version of the hardcore mod that only mods the research time? Kam's Alternative Econ. mod is already hardcore enough as it's

Centenarius

I've never tried these. Do they affect growth at all? If not, are there any mods that increase region population growth?

Quote Originally Posted by k966 View Post
    Dresden, is there a version of the hardcore mod that only mods the research time? Kam's Alternative Econ. mod is already hardcore enough as it's
    You could easily adjust research values with PFM it will take a few minutes. I'll have no access to my gaming pc for the following days, so you'll need to check this by yourself or wait a bit more.

Dresden good afternoon. Could you do submod CAI of Divide et Impera for vanilla. I liked the active behavior AI. Sorry for bad english

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    You could easily adjust research values with PFM it will take a few minutes. I'll have no access to my gaming pc for the following days, so you'll need to check this by yourself or wait a bit more.
    Thanks for the protip, I edited the submod by deleting the other two entries.

I can upload it if anyone wants it.

My pleasure.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I can upload it if anyone wants it.
    check testudo technology modules, you'll find 4 preset versions for tech delaying.