Thread: Prolong or shorten campaign time

Clint Eastwood's Avatar Civis

Default Prolong or shorten campaign time

Not the most important aspect of modding, but it's a nice little thing to know even if you don't end up creating a mod. This is a short tutorial on how to make the grand campaign and the Kingdoms campaigns longer or shorter. I always hated how one turn equals two years in Medieval 2. I understand that things took a lot longer back then than nowadays, or even in the early 19th Century, but I don't think it took twenty five years to go from Normandy to Sicily back then. So I decided to find some way to chop off at least half of how much time one turn covers, and this is what I found.

Go to descr_strat in the the imperial campaign. To reach the imperial campaign:

For Steam: Go to Steam (which will likely be in program files unless you moved the folder elsewhere): steamapps, common, Medieval 2 Total War, data, world, maps, campaign, imperial_campaign, then descr_strat

Once in the descr_strat notepad document, scroll down to:

Start _date 1080 summer
    End_date 1530 winter
    timescale 2.0

Simply change the number for the timescale to anything below 2.0. I like to make it .50 since it greatly slows down the campaign time, but not to a point where a year takes forever.

For non-steam users, go to either program files, sega, medieval 2 total war, or wherever else the Medieval 2 folder is and do the same.

For Kingdoms campaigns, do the same, except when in the Medieval 2 folder, go to mods, and then pick which one of the campaigns you want to edit.

This also works if you want to make the campaign shorter, just set the timescale to 2.1 or higher.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Prolong or shorten campaign time

Moved from stickies

For the seasons to work properly check here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Moved from stickies

For the seasons to work properly check here.
    hello Gigantus I want speak with you on vk.com I not see you answer me. I will wait your answer again. I want ask you about mod

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vladimirt View Post
    hello Gigantus I want speak with you on vk.com I not see you answer me. I will wait your answer again. I want ask you about mod
    Please post your questions in a dedicated, separate thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Please post your questions in a dedicated, separate thread.
    Helo. I want speak private with you on vk.com or facbook. I not want speak on here. I meesnger for you but not see you answer me. Please send for me a facbook or vk.com in my messenger. I will wait you send it for me. ok I need you help me with all mods. Now I are doing about history of korean as: three kingdom korea and Gojoseon for medival 2 total war kingdom. I need you help me in two this mod because I only can speak with you on facbook, vk.com and Tencent QQ. I have number Tencent QQ. I need you do for me a synthetic video sppeak about all mod as: by do a new map from bare geomod, by add unit,faction for mod. I want add unit modern for mod. I has send for you a my facbook, my vk.com and my tencent. I will wait you send messenger for me again to can contact with you on facbook or vk.com ok
    Last edited by vladimirt; September 03, 2015 at 02:09 AM.