View Poll Results: Pikemen animation or spearmen animation

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pikeanimation means the weapon's range is increase and the soldiers actually hit with the visible spear point in game, but the animation and soldier model isn't entirely perfect

5 45.45%
  • Spearmen animation means the weapon's 'invisible' range to start hitting enemies is shorter unlike piker, meaning it looks kind off when fighting but the walking, running, form-up animations are perfect.

6 54.55%
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: MOS 1.7_Hobbit Trilogy_Dwarves_Units 5/8/2016 REDONE

Default Re: MOS 1.7-The Hobbit Dwarf Units PATCH 3.0!! 2/27/2016

Uuuuurghhh....I'm seriously gonna flip some tables...this is gonna take a while
    "Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength" - Teddy Roosevelt
    "
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma...Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice...have the courage to follow your heart and intuition" - Steve Jobs
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, courage is the ability to keep moving forward despite being afraid" - King Brian

The shield textures, the hands/lower arm, the mail armor around the legs, a bit of the top of the black beards, have their textures screwed up....and the face(in the sense that the mouth is stretched out and bigger than how I UV mapped it) There's also the fact that the freaking arms are halfway inside the chest instead of outside making it look weird as hell.

I don't know what to do anymore, in Milkshape it all looks fine,(there's a picture up there for reference) but in-game it's all screwed up. I can't fix something if idk what the problem is. I'm totally lost...just...hit a dead end.
    "Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength" - Teddy Roosevelt
    "
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma...Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice...have the courage to follow your heart and intuition" - Steve Jobs
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, courage is the ability to keep moving forward despite being afraid" - King Brian

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by King Brian View Post
    The shield textures, the hands/lower arm, the mail armor around the legs, a bit of the top of the black beards, have their textures screwed up....and the face(in the sense that the mouth is stretched out and bigger than how I UV mapped it) There's also the fact that the freaking arms are halfway inside the chest instead of outside making it look weird as hell.

I don't know what to do anymore, in Milkshape it all looks fine,(there's a picture up there for reference) but in-game it's all screwed up. I can't fix something if idk what the problem is. I'm totally lost...just...hit a dead end.
    ask in the MTW2 mod workshop for help
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Going to the forums was never an option for me since I couldn't trust random people with the mod files and stuff...anyways, I finally figured out what was the issue(learned something new today about modeling) and now I'm in the process of fixing everything. So I should be releasing the mod today
    "

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

He meant that if you asked in the Mod Workshop, modders who faced the same issues might given you tips on how to solve it

EDIT: It's rare the Workshop is anything than a discussion board; it's certainly not about not sharing files unless the person with a problem directly ask others for it
    Last edited by Ngugi; May 01, 2016 at 03:23 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

you're right, thank you, I just thought that for this specific issue I would need to give the files to someone and was a little reserved of doing that...you never know what may happen even if the likelihood would be extremely low of someone stealing work or something.
    "

I just need to move the shield a bit to avoid it clipping with the shoulder plate or the beard on the front, just gotta rotate it and move it slightly....but other than that:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

We good?

Last edited by King Brian; May 01, 2016 at 04:03 PM.
    "

They looks excellent. Outstanding work.

Though I would kinda like to see them from the front too. Heh!

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Good work! Would it be possible to adjust the shield, so it wouldn't go throgh the shoulder?

yea I just said that...I had to fix that. which I just did, though it's touching the beard now lol....but I know which direction to move it now to avoid both shoulders and beard........I was having an issue with the elbow area along with the upper arm where there would be this opening and the same happening on the sides...finally managed to fix that without messing up the display of the textures, but there's this one area in the upper arm, it is the very last thing I need to fix...once I fix that one thing I believe I can safely copy the new model for the other 2 units and just release the new mod. So almost there.
    "

Well I'm done, I finished the units, everything is working fine, everything looks sexy(except for the dwarf faces, I tried adding some shadow on the face shaped according to the shape of the helmet to simulate the shadow casted by the helmet and it made it look better but still)

But I won't release the mod yet, since I concluded that I should get the unit cards(urgh) and info cards done before releasing.
    "

Ironfoot's Avatar Civis

You killed it King Brian ! They look as realistic as they are in the movie

Yeah, was too tired last night^^

I think the face problem comes from the face model, not the textures. Mr.J deleted some of the beard for the helmet with full face mask. Try the head models that I've used.

Amazing work! These dwarves look like they ready to kick some orc asses!
    And I would also like to ask you if it is possible for you to create Dain Ironfoot model from the movie? Just a suggestion! I love your work!

Well I'm making good progress with the info cards, even making info cards that units not of my mod were missing....but I noticed something. the dwarves of the iron hills....I sort of made them a bit taller than the other dwarves in game lol...gotta go back and make them shorter...hopefully without screwing up the models...there should be a way.

Edit: just checked and the body itself...sure, it was taller but not by much...the issue is more with the helmet that make them appear taller than they really are cause of a space between the helmet top and the top of the head inside the helmet...but that's acceptable and makes sense.
    Last edited by King Brian; May 02, 2016 at 11:14 AM.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post

I think the face problem comes from the face model, not the textures. Mr.J deleted some of the beard for the helmet with full face mask. Try the head models that I've used.
    Alright...do you mind pointing me to which models specifically, not sure which you mean or where to find them.
    "

For example the heads I used for my Veterans of Azanulbizar unit: http://ppcdn.500px.org/66672227/94d2...c96bb/2048.jpg

Alright I'll give them a try....I swear as a phantom armor it looks SOOOOOOOO freaking cool...but the second I put a head inside it kind of ruins it....hopefully trying what you advice will make it better
    "

I spent so much time trying to make the beards not cover the lower part of the helmet to no avail...so I went and cut away the beard from those models you told me about and kept the head...went go mix it now with the other beard models I was using that wont hide the lower helmet, that didn't look very good....so went back with the models you told me about and said screw it lol...just...just screw it, I'll leave it like that, is not that big of a deal anyways.
    Last edited by King Brian; May 02, 2016 at 03:21 PM.
    "

Default Re: MOS 1.7-The Hobbit Dwarf Units PATCH 3.2!! 5/2/2016

It is done, link is on the first page under the installation spoiler.....models, unit cards, info pictures, textures, stat changes you name it...it's all done. May I say the unit cards I created for some of the units look specially cool. But anyways, um....Khazad Guard are a little op....carrying mithril armor and all but yea other than that, the mod is done.

If you find anything odd, or missing or w.e or any problems, then post it here.

But other than that:

TOOO WAAAAAAR!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Qu...fweOW&index=91
    "