View Poll Results: Pikemen animation or spearmen animation

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pikeanimation means the weapon's range is increase and the soldiers actually hit with the visible spear point in game, but the animation and soldier model isn't entirely perfect

5 45.45%
  • Spearmen animation means the weapon's 'invisible' range to start hitting enemies is shorter unlike piker, meaning it looks kind off when fighting but the walking, running, form-up animations are perfect.

6 54.55%
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: MOS 1.7_Hobbit Trilogy_Dwarves_Units 5/8/2016 REDONE

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: MOS 1.7-The Hobbit Dwarf Units PATCH 3.0!! 2/27/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Thg170 View Post
    Am i right that this patch will not be compatible with the Enhanced version of MOS?
    ATM not yet
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Default Re: MOS1.7-The Hobbit dwarf units [UPDATE! Iron Foot Pikemen - 1/7/2016]

Well I had no luck with the images I promised I also got busy, but you deserve a break and those armor concepts are just way over my head I mean yes they are good and great but you making the erebor armor sets and currently in the making the Iron Hills set is enough, if only i was a literate and educated programmer sadly i'm just a gamer struggling to repair ordinary pc problems and not understanding scripting and designs at all, so its up to you if you really wanna see my suggestions I mean its good to have a good diverse dwarven army since after all each faction of the dwarves have their own unique set of armors ranging from light , medium to heavy armors from each faction with their own unique designs.

Ill probably post the pictures if you really wanna know of my idea but for now YOU ARE DOING GREAT WITH THE IRON HILLS MAN!....

Can I suggest?? is it possible to tweak the strength of the dwarves? I really find it off that the lack speed plus in the campaign map when i engage 1 full stack of orcs they get devastated but in turn i need to re-furbish my dwarven army because I lost many men in the process. Is it possible King Brian? to tweak the strength of the Iron hills dwarves? after all they are if not the best , well the best disciplined and the best equipped dwarves at that time. They are elites too, so I expect them to be much stronger than the dwarves of khazad dum? perhaps? cause the dwarves of Khazad dum just gets devastated but can hold for long but does not do that much damage due to low damage... I think iron hills dwarves should be highly expensive and highly in cost and upkeep but should be stronger than the rest of the other factions though, :3 after all aule blessed the dwarves with great strength.....

And I have a suggestion for units that are only recruitable in the Iron hills...... Since Khazad Dum has already Khazad dum guards, sort of unique to Khazad dum, why not have elites for the dwarves of the Iron hills too? here's a link to the picture

https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=D...BNLakVzbdpM%3A

And I was searching the forums

http://www.moddb.com/members/lorddai...armor#imagebox

Dwarves of iron hills must be highly impervious to any missile attack even elven attack hahahahahha im not being biased its just right that we give a little bit of credit to dwarven robustness xD because if we see a lot of dwarven units dying while arrows are being rained down on them, there army wouldn't be as well equipped and professional then xD

About the dwarves of Ered Luin Try looking at this new concept, The armored Ered Luin dwarves and the unarmored ones.

https://www.google.com.ph/imgres?img...=8#h=691&w=706

Ill keep you posted for more if you want to hear more concepts of dwarven armor design, im trying to look for other designs too, and probably Ironfoot can help too cheers mate

AND GOOD JOB!

Btw The first picture you can see can be an ered luin elite troop...

http://forums.revora.net/topic/10069...hills-dwarves/

(THE BLUE ARMORED DWARF WITH A HORN)

OR THIS CAN BE THE ELITE UNIT FOR DWARVES OF ERED LUIN....

https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=D...2aHHm8H3RsM%3A

Took me time to think how to post the picture but just copy paste the link and you would see.... Cant figure it out so just copy pasted the link of the website into the message boxes....

And to help you out further with the design for the iron hills dwarves

https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=D...N3mlWI4-Q7M%3A

WELL HERE IS ANOTHER PICTURE

https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=D...uV2G7VVIWM%3AO

These could be the guards of Khazad dum or somethin.

Their armor designs are closely related to that of Gimli in the movie..

Xiao for now ill keep you posted...... And again GREAT JOB!

I just hope that your mod will be compatible with new updates of MOS.....

But I have full confidence it would, and by the way

People are telling me that

Iron Hills swordsmen (basically a unit with axes and swords in them just like heavy dwarven units), Pikemen, and maybe crossbows and goat riders should be in.

I am quite expecting these but not highly. Whatever may come out I accept with open arms I just hope that they all come out and replace the ones you think that is redundant already.

Also I am hoping for faction diversity in terms of armor

(ERED LUIN, IRON HILLS, EREBOR) :3 currently looking for more unique armor designs.

Citizen

the uint cap is reached in this mod IIRC

D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=D...1xclQlKJh8M%3A

King brian also see this one, it will help with the foot design in a huge way

Hope someone can help me with this.
    When do the different armor upgrades take place?
    I have fully developed Erebor's Armourer tier but can't get further then Armor Upgrade 1 (Bronze) on say my Dwarven Warriors.
    The only thing I have changed since Vanilla MOS 1.7 is that I deleted the Barrack Events.

How does this work and when does tier 3 Armor Upgrade take place or becomes possible?
    "Born to late to explore the Earth
    Born to early to explore the Cosmos
    The human mind is our Frontier
    Religion is the ocean we must cross
    "

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Diadochiwelike View Post
    Hope someone can help me with this.
    When do the different armor upgrades take place?
    I have fully developed Erebor's Armourer tier but can't get further then Armor Upgrade 1 (Bronze) on say my Dwarven Warriors.
    The only thing I have changed since Vanilla MOS 1.7 is that I deleted the Barrack Events.

How does this work and when does tier 3 Armor Upgrade take place or becomes possible?
    the dwarven warriors have then only one armour upgrade I assume

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    the dwarven warriors have then only one armour upgrade I assume
    The problem with that they will never look like the ones from The Hobbit movie, but always look like the ones in the very first screenshot made by King Brian.
    So there has to be the third armor upgrade, I just need to know when this takes place
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Diadochiwelike View Post
    The problem with that they will never look like the ones from The Hobbit movie, but always look like the ones in the very first screenshot made by King Brian.
    So there has to be the third armor upgrade, I just need to know when this takes place
    Well I had the same problem too, I really struggled to get the top tier barracks this is how it works

First you get a leather tanner as soon as you have the barracks (Correct me if I am wrong) as soon as you get the mustering hall you start off with tier I armorer, always upgrade the barracks first down to its last tier
    or if not just try to see if you have the master armorer then you can stop upgrading your barracks but I mean upgrading your barracks to max level is great but it takes a lot of time I usually rush barracks and leather armorer until master armorer and Elite barracks so that I can upgrade and give my troops superior armor over my enemies, and I make the west side of my kingdom as you know it is divided to east and west, I make the west side as a basket of trading, after upgrading roads and slaughterhouses and mines I quickly rush to my east buildings with the barracks then the armorers to the max level. and The kingdom to the west the developed one can catch up with the innovative military arms raise to the east as soon as the economy becomes stable, do not forget to upgrade the barracks from time to time though because you will need to defend your west kingdom too and that developed kingdom below gimli's unit in the map is your main military power in the west and to the east is erebor and Iron Hills..... ciao

Quote Originally Posted by semp224 View Post
    Well I had the same problem too, I really struggled to get the top tier barracks this is how it works
    I meant that I struggled looking for that armor upgrade, I cannot make them look like in the movies but I figured it out, hahahaha thats what i meant.

Quote Originally Posted by semp224 View Post
    I meant that I struggled looking for that armor upgrade, I cannot make them look like in the movies but I figured it out, hahahaha thats what i meant.
    I figured it out aswell, It comes with the Army Barracks (final tier) so I deleted the Barrack Events.
    This made the units and armor upgrades and thus the looks available as soon as I was able to construct the last tier Armorer and Barracks.
    "

sry sry, I've been busy with other stuff and fooling around, I hadn't worked on this mod since the last time I posted and since I wasn't playing Third Age TW(but Guild Wars 2 instead) I totally forgot, and I was like "oh I haven't finished that mod!"....so um I started working on it again like around 2pm....I had to do some remodeling and retextures, and fix existing textures a bit, and mess around with the face(I'm gonna use the dwarf face from the game, cause, drawing a new face will take too long, so, maybe in a future patch, but you know, it's decent, it doesn't look THAT bad, so it's fine...the armor is sick though and accurate to the movie models).....So let's see....right now I'm making the legs/boots model from scratch and then I just need to start assigning the parts of the model to a skeleton joint(for animation)....then it's just the text files which is the easiest and fastest thing in the world. Right and once I'm done with the models I can just copy paste and mix and match weapons and stuff to create the overall 3 new models for mattocks of the iron hills, pikemen, and swordsmen....So yea, that's where I'm at, the leg model and the joints is the time consuming part(cause you gotta test the joints in game till you get them right) and the text files is the easy part.

Sorry that I forgot about the mod, I'll really honestly get on it this time and just get this over with so you guys can play with it.
    "Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength" - Teddy Roosevelt
    "
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma...Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice...have the courage to follow your heart and intuition" - Steve Jobs
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, courage is the ability to keep moving forward despite being afraid" - King Brian

For those of you who found the mod on MODDB website, read page one, is not so clear in that website but here I explain how there's 3 different versions of the same mod based on which unit changes you want for the game, and there's some patches too.
    "Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength" - Teddy Roosevelt
    "
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma...Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice...have the courage to follow your heart and intuition" - Steve Jobs
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, courage is the ability to keep moving forward despite being afraid" - King Brian

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by King Brian View Post
    Sorry that I forgot about the mod, I'll really honestly get on it this time and just get this over with so you guys can play with it.
    That's no problem! Nobody is forcing you.

If you haven't managed to get the dragonsalyers working, then you can send me the files and I'll investigate.

Okay so, I'm done with everything except the joints, need to start doing that and then test it out in game and go back and do it again if it came out wrong, and then copy the models with the joint assignments and dish out the other 2 units quickly (everything is done, so its literally just mix and matching model parts to get a swordsmen and new mattocks unit, not complicated or time consuming at all).

"

Ironfoot's Avatar Civis

I'm happy to see you again with amazing stuff of course ! Keep it up dear friend

Brilliantly done.....

Nobody is pressuring you so chill out come on man.....

No pressure, and I hope you gave my posts a read (Y) some cool ideas there dough....

But This is enough already

So I just tested the stuff and omg the game makes the textures look so much better(at least in my computer) with the rending, lighting effects, gloss and stuff like that. Problem is that the shield texture was screwed up down the middle and the arms and back...its like stuff was inverted...or perhaps missing, and broken up in parts.......how to say.....Anyways, this has probably have to do with the joints, the bone assignments, since it's my first time messing with it, I guess I screwed that up....this might take a while till I figure out what to do.
    "

Oh okay I think I know what's happening, all these different groups, sure you keep them separate, but the vertices themselves I need to snap and weld them together so there are no gaps and stuff, to hold everything into place and so the different groups with their assigned skeletal joints "pull" on each other...I believe that's what I need to fix.
    "