View Poll Results: Pikemen animation or spearmen animation

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pikeanimation means the weapon's range is increase and the soldiers actually hit with the visible spear point in game, but the animation and soldier model isn't entirely perfect

5 45.45%
  • Spearmen animation means the weapon's 'invisible' range to start hitting enemies is shorter unlike piker, meaning it looks kind off when fighting but the walking, running, form-up animations are perfect.

6 54.55%
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: MOS 1.7_Hobbit Trilogy_Dwarves_Units 5/8/2016 REDONE

Default Re: MOS 1.7-The Hobbit Dwarf Units PATCH 3.0!! 2/27/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Sk1p56 View Post
    Replace "Dwarven Axemen", we have got Erebor once...don't need 2 units of Axe's.
    But that's the thing, the ones from Erebor in version 3 don't wield axes but greatswords, while in version 2 and 1 they wield axes.......So edit the files to get rid of dwarven axemen and place the new unit in it's place? But dwarven axemen is a unit that can be recruited anywhere, while axemen/guardians of Erebor is an AOR unit...........wait how about this, you gave me an idea, Dwarven axemen can be recruited almost anywhere, that includes Erebor obviously, so why don't we get rid of axemen/guardians of erebor to replace them with this new unit, thus, trading one AOR unit for another. And you still keep the ability to recruit such an important shock troop as the axemen anywhere, instead of being limited to rely on Erebor only....But I really wanted to have a greatsword wielding unit for the dwarves in game....oh well. This will require some editing of the export_descr_buildings file and I'm not sure if it is save-game compatible, I will test and see....most likely it ain't all the more reason to make the unit optional and not include it in the base mod.
    "Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength" - Teddy Roosevelt
    "
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma...Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice...have the courage to follow your heart and intuition" - Steve Jobs
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, courage is the ability to keep moving forward despite being afraid" - King Brian

Guys, you can forget about the mod for a while, I need to learn a few tricks in photoshop first, the thing is, I'm stuck, I'm missing textures, a lot of them, it's coming out like crap, some parts look good and the others look too dark or the textures are like stretched all over, I thought I could reuse certain parts of the already existing textures(front of the armor) to paint other sides of the armor, or use the clone-stamp tool to copy chunks of textures and then multiply it to create a canvas of sort to use as.....forget it I'm not gonna explain that now, point is, the model I tweaked some areas that I realized now were wrong, but as good as it may look, I can't do anything if I don't have any textures, so that means, I need to learn how to paint metal armor from scratch to imitate the look of the armor from the movies....and idk if I can even do that, or how long is it gonna take me to learn that. Even if I do learn I may end up creating a piece of crap regardless.

I just don't understand why is it that there's not a single sodding webpage out there that has a front, back, and side shot of the iron foot armor, like what the hell, where's the concept art that they used for the movies, you would think stuff like that would be floating around in the internet. W.e, patch ain't coming anytime soon so don't hold your breath
    "Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength" - Teddy Roosevelt
    "
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma...Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice...have the courage to follow your heart and intuition" - Steve Jobs
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, courage is the ability to keep moving forward despite being afraid" - King Brian

Ironfoot's Avatar Civis

It's a shame, I hope that you will be back however I'm doing my best to find as much pics as possible : http://postimg.org/image/cxy5ii9fr/full/

http://postimg.org/image/vba9m62mn/full/
    http://m.imgur.com/vOQW4b3?r
    http://s7.postimg.org/9ttlkadsb/The_...t_FA_EE_13.jpg
    Last edited by Ironfoot; March 15, 2016 at 03:41 PM.

Thanks iron foot, but 2 of those pics I already tried to use after taking a screenshot of my computer while watching the movie online and the others are too low quality or just too much crud in the way, like blood stains or markings.

This is what I've done so far, as you can see, it still needs work, I figured out how to make leather like textures, but metal is harder, specially getting it to be the same shade as the rest of the armor, and on top of that I need to fix some of the rust look that parts of the armor has but....yea, looks like crap/I'm good at making models from scratch and have a good sense of lighting and stuff with already existing textures, but not so good at drawing them from scratch.

"

Ironfoot's Avatar Civis

You did an amazing job so far, i think that you'll succeed in this project.
    Last edited by Ironfoot; March 16, 2016 at 06:12 AM.

hmm, any chance of having this mod with vanilla TATW?
    I'm personally not as fond of installing MOS in, but the mod does looks very interesting..

Still working on it, but its coming out way better now than that picture up top....I've learned a few tricks with Photoshop that have helped me a lot....but It requires I redo a few pieces of the model here and there, but all in the name of creating perfection so its worth it, don't worry, I'll make this unit, just got to wait a while, I like taking breaks and have other stuff I want to do so that's why its taking so long.
    "

Ironfoot's Avatar Civis

Take your time King Brian, we don't want to hurry things.

Default Re: MOS1.7-The Hobbit dwarf units [UPDATE! Iron Foot Pikemen - 1/7/2016]

Quote Originally Posted by King Brian View Post
    Now that' I got the mod working the way I want it so far, I'm gonna go learn on how to change the marching sound of the units, I mean, it's gonna be so awesome if I get them to sound like this --->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5HJ55GAto8 from 0:06 to 0:08

Btw, I've spent hours searching the internet to no avail, trying to find some decent textures for the Iron Foot shields, if you find any by any chance, please PM me with a link or post it here.
    thank you Ironfoot, I'll consider that one, I remember looking at the picture of some artwork for the movie and for some weird reasont he dwarves seem to be forming up a phalanx of red colored shields like the ones you linked, unlike the grey ones in the movie. Anyways, I just found this

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Are you planning to have units alone for Iron Hills wherein they are only recruitable for Iron hills alone? their ram riders, their ballistas and their basically pikemen with shields are very essential . :3 Its a great job though , but if we truly love the dwarves we would go an extra mile by doing more add ons for them.....

Im yet to see a download link for elven armors too but i love the dwarves, and sadly I just scramed to buy Medieval II total war and kingdoms original on steam just to be able to download TATW upon seeing your mini submods for MOS I felt more hyped and quickly downloaded and felt it was good but something is still missing besides all of the Moria/Erebor armor for the dwarves incorporated in game is excellent , but I fear it is not enough, I mean your efforts are more than enough still I find emptiness haha quite so, at least give the dwarves the ram riders of Iron hills? and a building alone for Iron Hills like (RAM stables?) solely for Iron hills? and Iron hills axemen/swordsmen with shields and their spearmen and ballista? Well All I can give is a photo for reference its up to you, first i persuaded the people back in EDAIN MOD FOR BATTLE FOR MIDDLE EARTH to re design the Iron Hills faction, they gave justice to the game and found it was good,and secondly now you because I have faith in your modding skills and you gave your heart to outlaying designs for the dwarves in the first place. Hope you feel the same way Edain mod team does. It took quite sometime to convince those guys to actually redesign the whole thing and it was a huge success of getting them to do it anyway and I was more than happy.

If you need a closer look at how Iron hills dwarves armor look like here's a much more closer look at them

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Iron_Hills_Soldier.png   Dwarves of Iron Hills.jpg   A Dwarf of Ironhill.png   Iron_Hills_Soldiers_Concept_Art.jpg  

Are there ram riders? I want to post a picture ordinary dwarven veterans look like this one

And even hardier ones the more experienced veterans

Would basically look like this one

I have an Idea how about dwarves of Ered Luin Look like these guys

And their elite troops look like these

And the stiff beard or long beards would look like these guys

Well other dwarven clans could look like these armor sets, the stiff beards , long beards, broadbeams and other factions that may not be of the familiar dwarven sets, its ok for their attack and power to be redundant, but the variety of the different dwarven clans armors and different clansmen in the dwarven roster can be great, since dwarves march with splendour and uniqueness anyway, each clan must have that kind of feel of their own unique armor sets, your work is great dont get me wrong, its just a suggestion :3 and finally when you have reconsidered and would be done working on it you would just put on a smile on your face and laugh because people wll love you for this, if only I can donate funds so you can do these armor designs

semp224; I would like to take a look at your ideas since I do take the opinions of the people seriously(the incoming patch reflects that), but I can't see any of the pictures you apparently linked...where there should be a picture, I instead see the white box thing, with a black box inside and a white X inside of that.
    "

So some bad news......I'm giving up on this mod.

PSYCH!

As you can see, this is the current look, right now I'm retexturing the front part by copying that diamond pattern in photoshop (as you can see on the lower right hand side of the picture). I didn't take a picture of the back cause I didn't want to flood this post with pics, but trust me it looks good, this is just a quick preview. Anyways, I just need to work on textures on the front side of the chest piece, and the sides of the chest piece are just a copy of the front so that will be automatic. Ummm....see how those plates over the legs on the front at the bottom below the belt line, are like one plane textured in to give the impression of 2 plates overlapping...I'm gonna redo that to make it actually two, it always looks much better when you do it like that I've found out. But yea, its textures, quick model change, and then do the legs which wil be easy,that's pretty much it, everything else is done...After that I'll select each group and assign a joint to them(joint as in the skeleton for animations, not THAT kind of joint).

And then the easiest part comes after that, which is doing the text files, copying the ready made armor for other units and such...I decided I will make a sword/shield unit from the iron hills, and that unit is going to replace guardians of erebor(in version 2 and 3, where in one they wield 2h-ax, and the other 2h-greatsword). Simply we can have the armor upgrade look of axemen of erebor(ver1.) applied to the armor upgrade of dwarven axemen in both versions 2 and 3, and to not be redundant, we take away the guardians of erebor(called axemen in vers.1) from ver.2 and 3, and replace the unit with Iron Foot Infantry...but if you can think of a cooler name, now's the time.

Moreover....after I'm finally....finally....finally...for once. actually done with this damn mod lol, I will do as I said and download Enhanced MOS and try to make a version of this mod for that submod. And lastly, if there's one thing I would like to make better in the future, is some of the textures, cause I feel there's room for improvement but it would need to be done by someone better than me, so if anyone thinks they can make this look even closer to the movie variant than I could ever do, please step forward, and work with me here.
    "

Ironfoot's Avatar Civis

Oh man this looks great ! Keep it up

PSYCH!

As you can see, this is the current look, right now I'm retexturing the front part by copying that diamond pattern in photoshop (as you can see on the lower right hand side of the picture). I didn't take a picture of the back cause I didn't want to flood this post with pics, but trust me it looks good, this is just a quick preview. Anyways, I just need to work on textures on the front side of the chest piece, and the sides of the chest piece are just a copy of the front so that will be automatic. Ummm....see how those plates over the legs on the front at the bottom below the belt line, are like one plane textured in to give the impression of 2 plates overlapping...I'm gonna redo that to make it actually two, it always looks much better when you do it like that I've found out. But yea, its textures, quick model change, and then do the legs which wil be easy,that's pretty much it, everything else is done...After that I'll select each group and assign a joint to them(joint as in the skeleton for animations, not THAT kind of joint).

And then the easiest part comes after that, which is doing the text files, copying the ready made armor for other units and such...I decided I will make a sword/shield unit from the iron hills, and that unit is going to replace guardians of erebor(in version 2 and 3, where in one they wield 2h-ax, and the other 2h-greatsword). Simply we can have the armor upgrade look of axemen of erebor(ver1.) applied to the armor upgrade of dwarven axemen in both versions 2 and 3, and to not be redundant, we take away the guardians of erebor(called axemen in vers.1) from ver.2 and 3, and replace the unit with Iron Foot Infantry...but if you can think of a cooler name, now's the time.

Moreover....after I'm finally....finally....finally...for once. actually done with this damn mod lol, I will do as I said and download Enhanced MOS and try to make a version of this mod for that submod. And lastly, if there's one thing I would like to make better in the future, is some of the textures, cause I feel there's room for improvement but it would need to be done by someone better than me, so if anyone thinks they can make this look even closer to the movie variant than I could ever do, please step forward, and work with me here.
    Crazy damn GOOD! <3

PSYCH!

You know what for how many months has anyone ever had the idea of actually making this thing better ? I mean you did all the hard work and you are still working on it, knowing that you still are simply makes me think how hard you modders / gamers out their dedicate themselves to making something not just for their own but for others too, its not an easy job meeting the needs of the people as modders, and most of the time you the modders are part of the people needed to be satisfied, but since no one else will you stepped up to do the job, i really salute TATW and all the other submods including people like you , If companies just look unto the modders as people who actually bring joy and is the only community able to meet the demands of the gamers then, they should support, actually only modders can satisfy boredom if the game is finally done and accomplished, modders give you that whole new feeling of experience and all. And I SALUTE YOU SIR! FOR BEING ONE OF THEM, if the world was as simple as I would hire you for your passion and dedication in the gaming industry then I would have done it (If i had a high position and lots of moneh too hehe) but life is life, for me I will eternally be grateful to all the modders, and they have my highest respect in the gaming society, that means you sir! I know that sometimes we just get to download the game and just keep on demanding stuff from you guys, but know that there are people like me and others out their who greatly appreciate THIS HUGE EFFORT AND IF NOT A TREMENDOUS EFFORT FROM YOU GUYS! From the bottom of my bear belly , and my beard......... THANK YOU SO MUCH!

semp224; I would like to take a look at your ideas since I do take the opinions of the people seriously(the incoming patch reflects that), but I can't see any of the pictures you apparently linked...where there should be a picture, I instead see the white box thing, with a black box inside and a white X inside of that.

I'll find the time to repost the pictures, it seems that my lack of knowledge with simple codes and texts in game has finally showed it self in the forums...... ( I CANT EVEN POST PICS..... GOD WHAT A SHAME hahhahahaha) But I'll find out how to repost it with pics next time , its just out from the net maybe for some reason it would need me to download those pics. ill edit my post . Those are just ideas, but its too much I know, what you are doing is MORE THAN ENOUGH....

And pleash reconsider the ram riders.... Hahaha

Thank you so much for your words, although now I feel a little guilty, I have every intention of finishing this mod but recently I took some time for myself(playing guild wars 2) lol, and wasn't working on it(I get lazy like that once I get that feeling of "I got this" haha) But yea, no worries, idk when but one of these days I'm gonna have one of my 'moments' again where I just work the entire day on nothing but this like I've done before and I'll get this unit fleshed out. I just keep taking breaks cause I'm either having fun gaming, or I'm training(getting ready for the military) or I feel stressed out trying to make the textures of the mod reach perfection, so that's why it takes a while...honestly, if I went and tried to do it all tomorrow, I probably could(which probably will make you all scream DOOOO IIIITT but please just understand my personality, I want to keep working in this mod as I have so far and give it to the community, but I just like doing things at my own pace. But no worries, I will do this, and I appreciate the shout out to modders out there, but I know there are more who deserve it more than me, so I say to everyone reading this post, take the time to show your appreciation for others out there, by saying thank you(although I'm sure many of you have already done so).
    "

Yeah that would be great if you will create Dwarf Goat Riders! They are soo cool.

I was playing as Gondor the other day and noticed that they have doubled units, and a ton of the same units that pretty much just have different names. I was wondering if it is possible to get rid of one of the Gondor units instead of one of the Dwarf units to make space for the "iron hills swordsman". The anticipation of this mod is through the roof cant wait to see the final product!

Thg170's Avatar Libertus

Am i right that this patch will not be compatible with the Enhanced version of MOS?