View Poll Results: Pikemen animation or spearmen animation

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pikeanimation means the weapon's range is increase and the soldiers actually hit with the visible spear point in game, but the animation and soldier model isn't entirely perfect

5 45.45%
  • Spearmen animation means the weapon's 'invisible' range to start hitting enemies is shorter unlike piker, meaning it looks kind off when fighting but the walking, running, form-up animations are perfect.

6 54.55%
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: MOS 1.7_Hobbit Trilogy_Dwarves_Units 5/8/2016 REDONE

Default Re: MOS 1.7-The Hobbit Dwarf Units PATCH 3.0!! 2/27/2016

Need a second opinion, do you think the armor is a little too small compared to the helmet(the helmet is simply taller than the erebor one, but width and depth wise, it is the same as the erebor one, so I know the current size of the helmet is the right one, so the helmet is what we will use as reference here):

"Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength" - Teddy Roosevelt
    "
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma...Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice...have the courage to follow your heart and intuition" - Steve Jobs
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, courage is the ability to keep moving forward despite being afraid" - King Brian

Nah, I think it looks good. Don't worry too much about it since you are able to resize them anyways.
    DCI: Last Alliance: Unit maker. Proud member of The Imperial House of Hader

Sry it's taking a little long, I was doing other stuff and taking a brake now that I felt confident that I knew what to do....turns out I found something even better today which I'm now using to work on this armor, which caused me to start over http://media.moddb.com/images/member...tain_Armor.png of course, what I have in photoshop is diff to this, since that pic I've already modified, and now I'm working on redrawing the top part to make the back view version of this pic(since I didn't find any online, so gotta make my own), but point is, with every passing day, this just keeps getting better and better. Once I finish the actual model, it will only be a question of adding the right joints to the various parts and then do the other stuff of patch 3, and release it....if I were to say a date, idk, maybe I'll be done by the end of the week, no later than that.
    "Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength" - Teddy Roosevelt
    "
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma...Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice...have the courage to follow your heart and intuition" - Steve Jobs
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, courage is the ability to keep moving forward despite being afraid" - King Brian

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Any chance on something similar to this? ^^

not sure, don't necessarily like it, sry
    "

Well I bet you would like to see some updates to get a feel for how close I am to being done, I ended up not being able to do use anything from the previous armor and did it all from scratch. Note: I still need to do a bit more, need to rotate those plates in front of the legs to match the angle of the mail armor that is behind it around the legs, to make it look like it's right on top of it and not spaced apart, and also rotate the sides(like the ribs) of the armor a bit cause form the front it looks slightly fat, just slightly.....the last thing I need is draw a few more faces around the sides as a trim if you will, cause a bit of armor goes all the way around the sides, and then those leather straps you see floating, go all the way around the armor around the abdomen, and then draw 2 more straps on top of the shoulders, one fat one on the front that connects to the ones you already see that makes the belt, and two more on the front by the sides going up/down connected to the belt like thishttp://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/...20151117235047....after that, I modify the shoulder plates of the previous armor and put them on the sides(obviously) and I think I need to redo the gauntlets from scratch as well, but lucky I have all the textures I need for it, I posted a pic of the new textures I'm using up top, so imagine that but change the colors to brown leather straps and dark silver armor like in the movies(which I already did)...but yea that's all I need to do to finish the armor...So here you go:

"

Ironfoot's Avatar Civis

Great work King Brian !

Ego123's Avatar Tiro
    Linz, Austria & Sighetu Marmatiei, Romania

Great work King Brian,I have two questions,if I want to implement your complete work in my MOS folder,I have to install v3,than those three modifications from patch 2 and lastly patch 3?And now the second ,Is this mod compatible whit Enhanced version of MOS?
    Medieval 2 Reloaded Project - the work at this project is unfortunately stopped for an unlimited period of time

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?670553

Right, the mod starts with selecting one of the 3 versions, if you want it all, install the main ver3 of the mod.
    Patch 2 includes some miscellaneous additional changes, like the diplomacy/invasion script changes, or the handy ability to dismantle previously immune buildings. The last thing about the pike animation fix isn't necessary since it's already in patch 3, but anyways install whatever you need from patch 3 depending on the version of the mod you are playing. When I release patch3.2, I'm going to compile everything together and redo the links, so you don't need to install any more patches (except patch 2 content since that's optional). I did make some stuff in patch 3 optional for those playing ver 1 and 2 but, I decided on something else, there will be a ver1,2 and 3, but no more "sub-divisions" if you can call it that, to keep the mod simple.

When I feel like I'm done with the dwarf faction of this mod, I will THEN quickly make the Enhanced MOS version
    "

Ego123's Avatar Tiro
    Linz, Austria & Sighetu Marmatiei, Romania

Thank you very much for your answer,then I will wait until you release the 3.2 to enjoy at maximum your great sub-sub mod,it is so great that you will make a version for Enhanced Edition of MOS.Good luck whit your wonderful work.
    Medieval 2 Reloaded Project - the work at this project is unfortunately stopped for an unlimited period of time

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?670553

Quote Originally Posted by King Brian View Post
    Right, the mod starts with selecting one of the 3 versions, if you want it all, install the main ver3 of the mod.
    Patch 2 includes some miscellaneous additional changes, like the diplomacy/invasion script changes, or the handy ability to dismantle previously immune buildings. The last thing about the pike animation fix isn't necessary since it's already in patch 3, but anyways install whatever you need from patch 3 depending on the version of the mod you are playing. When I release patch3.2, I'm going to compile everything together and redo the links, so you don't need to install any more patches (except patch 2 content since that's optional). I did make some stuff in patch 3 optional for those playing ver 1 and 2 but, I decided on something else, there will be a ver1,2 and 3, but no more "sub-divisions" if you can call it that, to keep the mod simple.

When I feel like I'm done with the dwarf faction of this mod, I will THEN quickly make the Enhanced MOS version
    Nice work on these Dwarf units. +rep
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

The last thing I need to do are the hands(which I'm doing now for my first time and they are kinda tricky,you know, them fingers and stuff) and the spear point of the pike I'm gonna change to a new design, after that is adding a strap to the shield where the arm goes through and then texturing everything , then re-doing some of the units with the new armor look, changing the mattock to a double sided hammer for the iron foot stompers and then taking pictures and doing info cards and unit cards(the thing I dread the most)........I'm also inclined to doing Iron Foot Infantry(sword and shield)...but like you know, the third age mod along with MOS hits the unit cap limit...so I'd like to hear some ideas, what unit can we do without that nobody likes lol or what upgrade can we give...like dwarven warriors getting an iron foot look as their final upgrade? would that make any sense...not sure.
    "

Since you are changing the iron foot stomper's mattocks to double sided hammers what about also using the helmet and armor made for the iron foot pikeman that you are making. Since they are from the same place(the iron hills). Considering the unit cap the iron guard used to be a heavy infantry unit instead of spear unit. Since you already have a "spear unit" with the new iron pikeman. Why not change the iron guard. Also later on are you thinking about doing cavalry for the dwarves? I know its not lore accurate, but I still think they were pretty sweet.

You are doing a great job man keep it up!

yea like I said, some units I'm re doing with the new armor look, the stompers are one of them....your idea of the iron guard crossed my mind, but it'd be kind of sad to get rid of them, but yea I'll consider it. There are units in this game that are just simply 'made up' for the sake of adding diversity...for example hammers of gundabad, I could utterly exterminate them from the game lol and use that space to place "Iron Foot Infantry" in its place(I consider that cause that unit is just an AOR type and there's already 2 other heavy shock troop units for the dwarves (guardians of erebor and iron foot stompers)....but idk how many people like gundabad hammers, and would not replace them for some iron clad iron foot infantry.
    "

Well here you go, the model is done, now I just need to quickly do a little something to the shield and draw a new spear point and make the mattock a double sided hammer instead(I should be done with that stuff within minutes), then start texturing the armor, attach the right joints to the right parts of the armor(will require some testing in game till I get it right) and then I'll add the new armor to iron foot units, then its the unit cards(will take some time cause I suck at that) and info pictures, but point is the patch is almost done, I should be able to finish everything within this week as I had promised.

Rejoice! Sons of Durin...soon our enemies will feel the cold steel of Iron Foot under our very boots as we water the ground with their blood!

"

Quote Originally Posted by King Brian View Post
    Well here you go, the model is done, now I just need to quickly do a little something to the shield and draw a new spear point and make the mattock a double sided hammer instead(I should be done with that stuff within minutes), then start texturing the armor, attach the right joints to the right parts of the armor(will require some testing in game till I get it right) and then I'll add the new armor to iron foot units, then its the unit cards(will take some time cause I suck at that) and info pictures, but point is the patch is almost done, I should be able to finish everything within this week as I had promised.

Rejoice! Sons of Durin...soon our enemies will feel the cold steel of Iron Foot under our very boots as we water the ground with their blood!

My king...

Ironfoot's Avatar Civis

OMG really well done ! I have a question: Will Iron Hills swordsmen (shield and sword) be added ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ironfoot View Post
    OMG really well done ! I have a question: Will Iron Hills swordsmen (shield and sword) be added ?
    That is a very good question, the answer is yes and no:

Let me explain, Originally I thought about redoing the links once more and compiling everything in the next patch so it'd be one easy install, and while keeping that in mind, I was wondering what unit to replace with the Iron Foot Infantry since the unit limit has been reached.
    I decided not to include them in the next release of the mod, but do include them in an optional patch for the mod if you want them, considering not everyone will be too keen on loosing the unit that will be replaced by Iron Foot Infantry.....as for what that unit is...I'm still deciding, I'm still working on the models, I'll decide on that later on when I reach that point. Feel free to look at the units and tell me what we can do without, I wish people would start spamming ideas on this thread but barely anyone has replied.
    "

Replace "Dwarven Axemen", we have got Erebor once...don't need 2 units of Axe's.