View Poll Results: Pikemen animation or spearmen animation

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pikeanimation means the weapon's range is increase and the soldiers actually hit with the visible spear point in game, but the animation and soldier model isn't entirely perfect

5 45.45%
  • Spearmen animation means the weapon's 'invisible' range to start hitting enemies is shorter unlike piker, meaning it looks kind off when fighting but the walking, running, form-up animations are perfect.

6 54.55%
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: MOS 1.7_Hobbit Trilogy_Dwarves_Units 5/8/2016 REDONE

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: MOS 1.7-The Hobbit Dwarf Units PATCH 3.0!! 2/27/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch-Balrog View Post
    Pics from the book? Tolkien's Dwarves did not look like that.
    iron foot means this book http://www.parkablogs.com/content/bo...ies-chronicles
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch-Balrog View Post
    Pics from the book? Tolkien's Dwarves did not look like that.
    neather everything else you see from the movie but is visually more appealing and better looking then Tolkien s himself

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    Ah, thanks didn't know that this existed.

Ironfoot's Avatar Civis

Yeah I was refering to Weta's books

Dudes and dudesses, despite my doubts.....this is actually coming out really awesome:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

It took some doing editing the textures, specially the armor but this is going well

"Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength" - Teddy Roosevelt
    "
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma...Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice...have the courage to follow your heart and intuition" - Steve Jobs
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, courage is the ability to keep moving forward despite being afraid" - King Brian

Quote Originally Posted by King Brian View Post
    Dudes and dudesses, despite my doubts.....this is actually coming out really awesome:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

It took some doing editing the textures, specially the armor but this is going well

Tanar Durin Nul!
    Last edited by Sk1p56; March 01, 2016 at 02:01 PM.

Damn dude looking great... thanks for the offering of help man it's much appreciated... when I feel ready I'll take you up on that...

Thg170's Avatar Libertus

All the download links arent working

Quote Originally Posted by Thg170 View Post
    All the download links arent working
    trust me when I say that they are..I just checked them
    "Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength" - Teddy Roosevelt
    "
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma...Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice...have the courage to follow your heart and intuition" - Steve Jobs
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, courage is the ability to keep moving forward despite being afraid" - King Brian

Ironfoot's Avatar Civis

Thank you very much King Brian !

I'm going to continue regardless, but I thought it'd be a good idea to ask for some ideas, or advice, you don't need to be a modder, just use critical thinking.

Before we get started some basic things to know Top right window is the view from the front, top left is from the sides(in this case the left side), bottom right, 3d view.

the Cyan colored line is the y axis and it goes up and down the yellow is the x axis and it can be moved side to side(front view has y and x axis)....the purple/pinkish axis is the z axis and is to move the vertices(the white dots(3 of them make a face) forward and backward(side view has the y and z axis)

So here's the issue, the only images of this helmet are the two up top, there's no image I've found for the top of the helmet....textures wise that's not a problem since I know what I can do about that....its creating the model that is the issue.....moreover the front view picture is actually slightly bigger than the side view one....I fixed that by using rulers and making the side one a bit bigger to compensate.

So problem number 1: If I use the front view as a guide to place the points(along the y,x axis) and then the side view as a guide to individually, one by one move those points forward and back(z axis) cause obviously we're not gonna leave the helmet flat, it is 3-dimensional after all, what I get is that apparently, the side view picture isn't proportional to the front view....as you can see, the lines drawn on the front view, for example, for the brow and eye socket are aligned with the picture right?...but if you notice the side picture, they are not aligned with the picture there, if I align the points(the lines) along the y axis to match the side picture, then from the front view, it would now be misaligned, and while from the side, the helmet would look just like the pic, now from the front, it will look deformed, like the area that makes the 'face' of the helmet(eyes, and mouth opening) actually would make a 'sad' face lol. cause the ends of the eye opening of the helmet would be coming down instead of staying up, if I follow the side picture as a guide,a if I go back and us the front view again then now the side view is wrong SO the problem is, I feel I'm not taking something into account....a measurement, a factor maybe is the angle of the shots...but regardless, I have no choice but to use the side picture as a guide to some extent to know how far back I need to move the points to give the helmet shape....but right now I'm doing a lot of guess work and free handing it.

Problem number 2: I forgot about it while typing number 1 :p

So any ideas of how to make my job easier...what steps, would you take, in what order would you begin making the helmet, which sides would you start with first or any clues about these apparent disproportional pics.
    "

I would still appreciate some tips for the future but.....they may not be needed now......guys, I'm honestly crying a little bit right now...our dreams may come true after all..I mean, just look at this

"

I would still appreciate some tips for the future but.....they may not be needed now......guys, I'm honestly crying a little bit right now...our dreams may come true after all..I mean, just look at this

ITSS DOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNEEEE!!!!!!

NOW FOR THE REST OF THE ARMOR!
    "

ITSS DOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNEEEE!!!!!!

NOW FOR THE REST OF THE ARMOR!
    No words...

You have a lot of patience to do this in Milkshape! It's so annoying to use, much easier in Blender or something like that... I rep you +
    DCI: Last Alliance: Unit maker. Proud member of The Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Memory View Post
    You have a lot of patience to do this in Milkshape! It's so annoying to use, much easier in Blender or something like that... I rep you +
    yea it's been hell, and for the sake of the textures later, that helmet is actually split into 8 different pieces/groups, that I had to align perfectly to match and come together like a puzzle(not just for the sake of the model but my OCD lol) then I realized I could just snap and weld the vertices and then realign from all angles so it's all perfect......ironically, the chest piece, which I thought would be simpler, is technically a bit more difficult since I don't have any side pics of the iron foot armor from the sides to use as a guide, so this one is really me going free handed cause so many parts of it come more forward or backward than the rest so I'm trying to do my best, I only got a front and back view.....and the armor image I'm using is not really the soldier's , it is apparently Iron Foot...but unfortunately I think it's like captains or something...the chest piece and shoulder pads you see in the movie, I did not find............actually screw it...I'm putting the patch on hold...I did the helmet, by god I'm gonna find the rest of the armor, I refuse to release some half baked unit

Edit: I keep finding some really nice still shots of the movie during the battle, and I guess there are chunks here and there I can use for the new pike variations I was gonna make, and some stuff for the shoulder pads, and hands and feet....and the one picture I found of the chest is covered in blood and dirt, a beard lol, and is at an agle...I really want to find a good front, back, and side view of the ironfoot armor soldiers use. If anyone finds anything good post it here....if not, I guess I'll be forced to use the captain armor.
    Last edited by King Brian; March 02, 2016 at 08:12 PM.
    "

Ironfoot's Avatar Civis

Ironfoot, you just saved this mod....that pic you took, upon closer inspection when I zoomed in really well, I noticed the pattern on the chest piece is the same of the captain armor, but its hard to tell from far away....and when I started comparing, sure the leather looking straps don't exist on the captain armor and so on, but I don't need them to be on the captain armor pic to guide myself when making the model, I just need to straps to exist for the sake of textures , but anyways that's not the point, I realized the Iron foot Soldier armor is hidden inside the captain armor I have at my disposal...with some desaturation and other tools, I gave the captain armor a plate look, and now I just need to cut away the extra pieces on it to reveal the shape of the iron foot soldier armor, and replace those empty areas with mail armor textures and recreate the iron foot common soldier's armor.....I got this, I got this, now I know what to do.
    Edit: so yea I just redrew the textures, I have them ready, feeling kind of tired so, I'll start re-doing the armor pieces tomorrow.
    Last edited by King Brian; March 03, 2016 at 03:59 PM.
    "

Ironfoot's Avatar Civis

It's always a pleasure to help you King Brian ! I love what you're doing !