View Poll Results: Pikemen animation or spearmen animation

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pikeanimation means the weapon's range is increase and the soldiers actually hit with the visible spear point in game, but the animation and soldier model isn't entirely perfect

5 45.45%
  • Spearmen animation means the weapon's 'invisible' range to start hitting enemies is shorter unlike piker, meaning it looks kind off when fighting but the walking, running, form-up animations are perfect.

6 54.55%
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS 1.7_Hobbit Trilogy_Dwarves_Units 5/8/2016 REDONE

ekusik's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: MOS 1.7-The Hobbit Dwarf Units RELOADED Patch2! + Sub-mods!

Quote Originally Posted by King Brian View Post
    what is up with the 0.3 at the end of the soldier line? what does that affect?
    0.3 means the "space" between soldiers when we active shield wall.
    If this number doesn't exist, soldiers form too "tight" formation. So some soldiers pushed out from the line like these pictures.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

So add 0.3, now it looks like this.

and export_descr_unit.txt is this.
    type Iron Pikemen
    dictionary Iron_Pikemen ; Iron Foot Pikes
    category infantry
    class spearmen
    voice_type Heavy
    banner faction main_spear
    banner holy crusade
    soldier iron_pike, 48, 0, 1.875, 0.3
    officer dwarf_captain_iron_flag
    officer dwarven_officer
    mount_effect horse +1, camel +1, elephant +3
    attributes sea_faring, hide_forest, very_hardy, can_withdraw, pike, free_upkeep_unit, frighten_mounted
    formation 1.2, 1.2, 2.4, 2.4, 8, square, shield_wall
    stat_health 1, 2
    stat_pri 4, 6, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, spear, 35, 1
    stat_pri_attr ap, long_pike, spear_bonus_6
    stat_sec 0, 0, no, 0, 0, no, melee_simple, blunt, none, 0, 1
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 11, 7, 5, flesh ; Heavy Scale ; defense pike 1+sup 1+dwarf 1+agility1 = 4 /2 = 2
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 7
    stat_ground 0, -2, 0, 1
    stat_mental 15, disciplined, highly_trained, lock_morale
    stat_charge_dist 6
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 2, 1080, 330, 75, 200, 960, 4, 150
    armour_ug_levels 4, 5
    armour_ug_models iron_pike, iron_pike_ug1
    ownership moors
    era 0 moors
    era 1 moors
    era 2 moors
    recruit_priority_offset 8

Now you find they don't lower the spear.
    Because this motion relate to the "stat_pri_attr spear" animation.
    I hope you check it by yourself. Because it is hard to explain more things by my English skill.

Default Re: MOS 1.7-The Hobbit Dwarf Units RELOADED Patch2! + Sub-mods!

it's fine it's fine....I already released a quick fix, but without the spacing you mentioned(and I'm aware that long_pike and spear have separate animations/motions to them)....once I release patch 3, it will include your suggestion, thank you for helping out. I'm gonna test different spacing and stuff too but I'll do what you said.
    "Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength" - Teddy Roosevelt
    "
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma...Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice...have the courage to follow your heart and intuition" - Steve Jobs
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, courage is the ability to keep moving forward despite being afraid" - King Brian

Default Re: MOS 1.7-The Hobbit Dwarf Units PATCH 3.0!! 2/27/2016

Good update! :] Still waiting for the best part!

duuuuuudeeee.... thank you thank you thank you... this is TRULY EPIC... don't get me wrong i like DaC a lot but some aspects of MOS i just prefer more and this MASTERPIECE makes it all the better... and i know I've said it twice before and I'm sorry if i sound like a pest, truly sorry, but if you made a submod for dale armor upgrades that is easy to install like this is... i'd revere you as a Third age GOD....

honestly if you did that... i dont think i'd go back to DaC for long while... i actually have another question pertaining to Dale as a matter of fact... would you ever consider putting the other Rhovanion units from FRoGS and the Dale spearmen and axemen into a submod for MOS 1.7??? if you got permission that is...

like what? dale armor like the one from the movies? that depends if I can, I honestly just started modding.

The stuff I know for sure is how files work and (recently learned how unit cards and info cards work which is why I said on patch3.2 I'll fix all the unit cards and stuff) and I could do models like weapons and shields.....helmet piece and armor piece shouldn't be that different, but I'm still pondering if I can do it...cause weapons and shields are like a mirror image front and back and then just connect the dots to fill the sides, but a helmet piece is more intricate, the chest piece would be sort of a mirror image as well,......yea that I got on the bag, I know what I could do.

But it's the iron foot helmet that I'm still wondering how other people do it(like the erebor one)....and upon inspection it its a little complicated.....to top it off I'm having a hard time finding the right pic of it, I'm either finding images from a book that have their color messed up because the images I used to sketch out the model are the same ones that I would preferably want to use as textures, or I'm finding the 'captain' version of an Iron Foot armor set, but not the common soldier one.......I do want to make the iron foot thing, but first I need to find something good I can work with.

As for Dale, if you mean the movie armor as I asked, yea, it actually seems simpler to do, but again, depends on what I find. Right now I'm just looking to work on Iron Foot eventually at the moment....one thing at a time lol.
    "Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength" - Teddy Roosevelt
    "
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma...Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice...have the courage to follow your heart and intuition" - Steve Jobs
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, courage is the ability to keep moving forward despite being afraid" - King Brian

Ironfoot's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Ironfoot View Post
    I am trying to look from the book, searching the title....see if I find a pdf or something online, I ain't about to spend 40 bucks on it
    Last edited by King Brian; March 01, 2016 at 10:35 AM.
    "

I'm so stupid for not being more specific and I apologize King Brian... for the Dale armor I was referring to the armor upgrade looks from FRoGS, since I like those the most ha ha, but imo I think those just suit Dale better. examples: the blue padded armor you can get for the long bowmen is a nice touch, then for the Dalesmen and Dale Swordsmen the steel plate/ lamellar upgrade, first off looks sick as hell, but secondly, it makes Dale look somewhat "professional" later in the game and thirdly, their allies are the DWARVES... master crafters of many things so it would just seem logical that Dale can and probably would obtain this kind of armor for their troops... but again this is just my humble opinion and personal preference so... now as far as adding more units to Dale's roster... yeah now I feel I'm asking a little too much maybe??? just a thought again...

ok... one quick question to anyone and everyone... do YOUR Rhovanion Graduats, yes I butchered the name I'm sure lol, just glitch the hell out when in combat and their spears act funny and they hold them wrong and just silly crap happens??? I've noticed this on like EVERY MOS... but on lets say FRoGS or DaC they don't have this issue... anybody else notice this or have this problem... anybody at all???

This is the best I could find.....guess I'll pull some magic out of my ass https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-9...AndDesign2.jpg
    "

before I forget +rep King Brian... great stuff man

thank you, but yea...I'm officially, as of now, beginning to work on Iron Foot, hope I can figure this out.

PS: If anyone has bought the battle of five armies art and design book, it would really be great if you could post a pic of the iron foot foot soldier's armor, not a captains' or Dain's but the common soldier...idk if it exists but yea, that would help
    Last edited by King Brian; February 29, 2016 at 01:47 PM.
    "

I was just saying this to Arioria of Mithlond on his work for the elves... I really wish I had the brains to be a modder like all you guys so I could contribute to great works like these... I have many ideas myself but thats all i have is ideas... but no means to do anything about it myself and it isn't cool of me to be like hey this and that to you guys and yet I'm not contributing at all to the work it takes... kinda like I've been doing I guess... and it really sucks... anyways again +rep dude and keep up the great work... using this stuff now and my MOS experience has boosted up ten fold... thanks

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by WickedMortal View Post
    I was just saying this to Arioria of Mithlond on his work for the elves... I really wish I had the brains to be a modder like all you guys so I could contribute to great works like these... I have many ideas myself but thats all i have is ideas... but no means to do anything about it myself and it isn't cool of me to be like hey this and that to you guys and yet I'm not contributing at all to the work it takes... kinda like I've been doing I guess... and it really sucks... anyways again +rep dude and keep up the great work... using this stuff now and my MOS experience has boosted up ten fold... thanks
    No modder knew anything or could do anything before they learned - so never doubt you can do it too
    Find something you want to do, begin small and read in on how to do it: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...-and-Resources
    Sure, you will fail at different stages, many times over, before you suceed, but that we all do so we may learn, and the victory is just as real and both are as sweet. The main thing that differ 'modders' from 'folk who think it would be fun to mod' is honestly patience

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Thanks Ngugi... maybe if I "grow a set", lmao, maybe I'll try something simple... whatever might be able to be labeled "simple" anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by WickedMortal View Post
    Thanks Ngugi... maybe if I "grow a set", lmao, maybe I'll try something simple... whatever might be able to be labeled "simple" anyways...
    Feel free to ask me stuff about modding, or what tools to use or guides to follow.
    "

The new unit is coming out really nicely, I think the harder part will be making the texture darker in some areas and changing the gold trim for a brownish one....but yea, looking really nice so far...I suspect(if I feel like doing it tomorrow) that tomorrow I could finish the chest piece...then would come shoulder pads and hands, after that I'll do the mail under the armor for the leg area, the rest is pretty much done(since I managed to reuse some chunks of the previous model, but yea most of it is getting built from scratch) and at the very end, I'll do that helmet piece, that I have no idea how I'm gonna do, cause, so many sides, and is not just in 2D, the helmet is, 3D, coming forward and to the sides, in curves and so on for certain parts of it, and then aligning everything to match...that's the part that I don't have a clear picture on my head of how to do, but I assume I'll figure it out eventually.
    "

Ironfoot's Avatar Civis

http://www.moddb.com/members/lorddai...rrior#imagebox There are pics from the book here you should take a look

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Pics from the book? Tolkien's Dwarves did not look like that.