View Poll Results: Pikemen animation or spearmen animation

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pikeanimation means the weapon's range is increase and the soldiers actually hit with the visible spear point in game, but the animation and soldier model isn't entirely perfect

5 45.45%
  • Spearmen animation means the weapon's 'invisible' range to start hitting enemies is shorter unlike piker, meaning it looks kind off when fighting but the walking, running, form-up animations are perfect.

6 54.55%
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: MOS 1.7_Hobbit Trilogy_Dwarves_Units 5/8/2016 REDONE

Default Re: MOS 1.7_Hobbit Trilogy_Dwarves_Units 5/8/2016 REDONE

My dear King Brian the helmets are alright I did not see any problem with them maybe its just you? I hope it gets fixed the Rohan army is ok too and CONGRATZ BTW! (Y) GO ENJOY FORTH YOUR TIME HAHAHAHA AS YOU OWE THE COMMUNITY NOTHING ANYMORE! HAHAHA EVERYBODY WILL BE GRATEFUL FOR THE UNIT TEXTURES YOU HAVE CREATED!

And King Brian should you come back again for modding in medieval 2 TATW I have suggestions :3 although Im dwarf biased hahahahahaha not fond of any other race xD......

lol thanks, and yea I do plan to comeback, there was one final patch(idea) I had for the dragon slayers, which I'll work on eventually/soon.

And perhaps I'll feel inclined to touch upon dale and gundabad in the future. say only those two cause I'm pretty sure someone else was thinking of working on the elves if I remember correctly, idk, some random post I read once.
    "Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength" - Teddy Roosevelt
    "
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma...Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice...have the courage to follow your heart and intuition" - Steve Jobs
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, courage is the ability to keep moving forward despite being afraid" - King Brian

Am I the only one that has "Unlocalized Placement Text" as the names of the iron foot pikeman and iron foot infantry?

Ok nvm all I had to do was run the cleaner lol. Great mod btw

so turns out the submod about making stuff destructible wasn't save game compatible....that is so weird...I could have sworn............oh well. Place the files in if you want to play with them, replaced them with the w.e mod version's files if you don't. I can't remember now, how exactly did I manage to play a saved game that didn't previously had the submod from the beginning? Perhaps I changed the buildings text file which reset the buildings inside the saved game...but if you try to start a new campaign game the game will crash cause the buildings and campaign_strat files are different....yea I think that's how it works. For new games buildings and strat file have to be the same other wise it crashes...for existing saved games, introduce the buildings file first, run the game, those buildings reset and you have to rebuild them, and then get out, introduce the strat file, go back in game and the saved game won't crash anymore.....<---just me ranting, somebody might find this useful you never know...I was seriously taken aback when suddenly I couldn't play a previous saved file, if I installed the destructible buildings sub-mod...but I think, this is what you need to do with old campaigns for it to work. Gonna try it out.
    "Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength" - Teddy Roosevelt
    "
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma...Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice...have the courage to follow your heart and intuition" - Steve Jobs
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, courage is the ability to keep moving forward despite being afraid" - King Brian

yea nvm....destructible buildings sub-mod is not save game compatible....well w.e, big deal
    "

Quote Originally Posted by King Brian View Post
    lol thanks, and yea I do plan to comeback, there was one final patch(idea) I had for the dragon slayers, which I'll work on eventually/soon.

And perhaps I'll feel inclined to touch upon dale and gundabad in the future. say only those two cause I'm pretty sure someone else was thinking of working on the elves if I remember correctly, idk, some random post I read once.
    Not sure which one of those two I'd be more excited for

And yes, someone is working on Mirkwood already http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Armies-Remake

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Altar360 View Post
    Not sure which one of those two I'd be more excited for

And yes, someone is working on Mirkwood already http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Armies-Remake
    king brian can consider working together with this submod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...my-for-MOS-1-7
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Yeah, I noticed that sub-mod AFTER I posted the link :p Looks great

Yea apparently the other guy seems to have quit, I'm actually in the process of writing a letter to Shurshun to ask him if he wants to work together on a mutual mod from now on, to merge his and my work and then release it all as a new mod(although I seriously doubt he's gonna have the patience I have to create 3 different version of this thing lol, cause that's sorta triple the work, always making sure everything is working fine in all 3, I did this cause I was thinking as a developer(not that I am one), I thought that, giving the player's choice is important, and so I wanted to give people a choice on how much content from this mod they wanted, how much they wanted modded/changed, and thus ver.1, ver.2, and ver.3. And believe it or not, a lot of people only download ver 1 stuff, and others 2, mostly 3, but still the other 2 get chosen a lot(well, I could tell before from the download count, when the 3 separate versions where 3 separate downloads, now that I placed everything in one file I can't tell anymore).......sry for ranting, point is:

I don't think that if I'm gonna do this I'll be releasing 3 different versions of the mod next time, for simplicity's sake, I hope people won't be too upset, I don't want to complicate things for others, so if Shurshun and I decide to work together, I don't want to dump this idea on him which would only complicate the work. But yea, I want to work with him.
    "

@King Brian

You should also try to work with Shurshun on Orcs from Hobbit movie...then you can create full SUBMOD to MOS

Ironfoot's Avatar Civis

I think it's a great idea, I'd love you to work on some units seen in The Hobbit: Dale and Dol Guldur for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironfoot View Post
    I think it's a great idea, I'd love you to work on some units seen in The Hobbit: Dale and Dol Guldur for example.
    Hell to the yes. I love how the orcs look in The Hobbit, and it would be nice and fitting to have the Dale fit with the update of their allies

Just tried it and like it! very cool! Is there however a way to maintain the vanilla models aswell, even with another name or soldier type? yes, I want the most possible variaty xD

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Could mod them as armour upgrades if you know how to. :p

Just curious but would it be possible to make this compatible with the sylvan elf changes?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Anduvil View Post
    Just curious but would it be possible to make this compatible with the sylvan elf changes?
    Yea apparently the other guy seems to have quit, I'm actually in the process of writing a letter to Shurshun to ask him if he wants to work together on a mutual mod from now on, to merge his and my work and then release it all as a new mod...

But yea, I want to work with him.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Anduvil View Post
    Yes, it is possible.

I have already merged the two mods in my version of Divide and Conquer:

"Divide & Conquer compatible version (0.52) of the Submod-reskin Thranduil Army-mod.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/93pmnr7nqf...00.52.rar?dl=0

Changes: UI files renamed to DAC-counterparts, all faction folders for the UI-files removed not counting mercs, slave and mongols (Thranduil's Realm), Added new battle_models.modeldb-file (replaced the MOS one with the DAC one).

Four new skins for Thranduil's Realm and three new skins for the Galadhrim. Captains and generals also has new skins for Thranduil's Realm.

Credits to the mod-creator Shurshun for the skins used. I just added it to DAC.

Enjoy."

And here comes the new stuff that i added to DAC (Divide and Conquer) 0.52:

Hobbit Trilogy_Dwarves_Units by King Brian:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x76ozz83zi...Units.rar?dl=0

The work of adding the Elves to DAC took me about two to three hours at most.

Adding the Dwarves took me about 14 hours or so of almost straight focus on the work at hand.

Changes to DAC 0.52: Added new upgrades to most of the Erebor and Khazad-Dum units- in the form of new armour upgrades as seen in the pictures of this mod. No new units, but some of the old units are getting new looks and all the units will have the stats King Brian gave them in his export_descr_unit-file.

UI-file names changed into DAC counterparts, all folders removed in the download not counting the Erebor, Khazad-Dum, slave and the merc folder, new DAC export_descr_unit-file added, new DAC export_units-textfile added, old MOS modeldb-file replaced by the DAC one, all files put into the right folders, and they include all the necessary files.

Install: Just download the rar-file, extract it anywhere you want- and then put the data folder in your Third Age-folder containing the DAC-mod. When asked to replace the old files, click yes.

Files replaced are the modeldb-file, export_units-file, export_descr_unit-file, UI-files in the unit_info and unit-folders, added new sprites into the unit_sprites-folder and lastly added the new textures, attachments and meshes into the unit_models-folder.

If you install both these added mods they will work simultaneously in DAC 0.52. You will be able to use the new Galadhrim and Thranduil's Realm-units against the new Erebor and Khazad-Dum-units.

They will all be in both custom battle and in the campaign.

Enjoy the new elven and dwarven units.

Credits to King Brian for the Dwarven units. I only added them to DAC, but it took me something like 14 hours to add the dwarves. Happy playing!

Just remember that some of the dwarven units use their old models before they get to upgrade armour etc.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; July 19, 2016 at 05:30 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Good luck with DAC it should be even more amazing than it already was now. Anyways, me and Shurshun agreed to it, he send me his latest files, gonna make a threat sometime this week and upload an entirely new mod that merges the content from both ...but from my end, it's gonna be the stuff from version 3 of this mod, I'm just gonna throw everything at it. and stop making different versions of content, too much work and hazel, and sometimes it gets a little confusing cause of similar file names and units that are shared by all 3 but that look diff.(that's sorta my fault though for naming them like that but w.e)
    "

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Good luck with DAC it should be even more amazing than it already was now. Anyways, me and Shurshun agreed to it, he send me his latest files, gonna make a threat sometime this week and upload an entirely new mod that merges the content from both ...but from my end, it's gonna be the stuff from version 3 of this mod, I'm just gonna throw everything at it. and stop making different versions of content, too much work and hazel, and sometimes it gets a little confusing cause of similar file names and units that are shared by all 3 but that look diff.(that's sorta my fault though for naming them like that but w.e)
    Thanks m8 . Oh, and i didn't use all your files. I did use the skins from version three of your mod though. But i didn't add the dwarven wanderers because of some textures missing in DAC, and what unit are the sword_guard-files for? The rest of the skins were used.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; May 22, 2016 at 03:35 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal