View Poll Results: Pikemen animation or spearmen animation

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pikeanimation means the weapon's range is increase and the soldiers actually hit with the visible spear point in game, but the animation and soldier model isn't entirely perfect

5 45.45%
  • Spearmen animation means the weapon's 'invisible' range to start hitting enemies is shorter unlike piker, meaning it looks kind off when fighting but the walking, running, form-up animations are perfect.

6 54.55%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: MOS 1.7_Hobbit Trilogy_Dwarves_Units 5/8/2016 REDONE

Default Re: MOS 1.7_Hobbit Trilogy_Dwarves_Units 5/8/2016 REDONE

King Brian abandoned this mod, confirmed information.

Shurshun's Avatar Foederatus

It's sad, I will work alone.

Hi back! I didn't so much abandon it as...I just thought it was done lol. Modding is a slight hobby for me, tell me what needs doing, if there has been new stuff and I'll make a patch for this mod.
    "Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength" - Teddy Roosevelt
    "
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma...Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice...have the courage to follow your heart and intuition" - Steve Jobs
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, courage is the ability to keep moving forward despite being afraid" - King Brian

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by King Brian View Post
    Hi back! I didn't so much abandon it as...I just thought it was done lol. Modding is a slight hobby for me, tell me what needs doing, if there has been new stuff and I'll make a patch for this mod.
    this needs to be done http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15082377
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

HOOOOLY ....what the hell??????!

Yes, the script about the proximus army, allied script, counter invasions, all those that spawn units to help out, I did edit that........wait a minute.............Version 2 and 3 of this mod, took out the axemen of erebor and replaced them with iron foot infantry and changed dwarven pikemen....did I forget to edit the script?....and what do you mean you can't recruit? the hidden resource for iront foot infantry is grey_mountains in the buildings text file...I tested it myself long ago, I used cheats to create the necessary barracks and stuff and was able to recruit them from turn 1 if I got rid of the barrack events(for testing purposes.
    "Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength" - Teddy Roosevelt
    "
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma...Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice...have the courage to follow your heart and intuition" - Steve Jobs
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, courage is the ability to keep moving forward despite being afraid" - King Brian

I found out an issue with the scripts, proximus and allied script, and counter invasions script....for axemen of erebor and dwarven pikemen. The original MOS1.7 campaign_script file tries to spawn them when they don't exist(since they were replaced with iron foot infantry), I mentioned "original" file, cause......and don't get mad....I kinda sorta never uploaded the new campaign script file I made the day I made the mods, I thought I did.......funny enough, the campaign script file with the necessary edited lines, is the one from the (sub-mods) folder, you know, the additional optional changes you can add to the mod, the one that spawns arnorian units by the proximus script when Arnor helps, and gives armor upgrades for gondorian and dwarven and arnorian units from that same script, in that one there's not a single "axemen of erebor mercs/_DI unit" all of them were replaced by "iron foot infantry mercs/_DI units" cause I had typed on the find function, the axemen of erebor name, and replaced with iron foot infantry, the same goes for dwarven pikemen been replaced by iron foot pikemen, I just fixed that and re-uploaded, so everything got correctly edited.

Enough talk, so......the mediafire link has been updated, so new people who download the mod for the first time get the mod already fixed(but like I said, if you had happened to use the campaign changes submod then you would have never experienced a crash)....for those of you who already installed the mod, I've added a new link, an "emergency patch", that adds that one file that wasn't there to begin with...again, sorry about that.
    Last edited by King Brian; December 30, 2016 at 02:31 PM.
    "

king brian are you going to start to work on the submod ????

Start? I think you mean continue...and by continue I mean I'm done, I just patched the mod to get rid of the crashing issue, link in the first page. What else is there to do?

Although, and don't get your hopes up, there's this dragon slayer unit I want to make with shield and axe, and very cool looking armor(never before seen), it will be an entirely new model just like the Iron Foot soldiers I made are, and of course I'll allow any modding team to use my work and implement it in Frogs or DAC as long as they give credit.

But in all honesty I'm working on an overhaul mod for Warhammer so there's that.
    Last edited by King Brian; January 02, 2017 at 02:08 PM.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by King Brian View Post
    Start? I think you mean continue...and by continue I mean I'm done, I just patched the mod to get rid of the crashing issue, link in the first page. What else is there to do?

Although, and don't get your hopes up, there's this dragon slayer unit I want to make with shield and axe, and very cool looking armor(never before seen), it will be an entirely new model just like the Iron Foot soldiers I made are, and of course I'll allow any modding team to use my work and implement it in Frogs or DAC as long as they give credit.

But in all honesty I'm working on an overhaul mod for Warhammer so there's that.
    Would love to see that unit, and what mod are you making for warhammer? P.S. Have you been able to contact Shurshun at all about getting his new palace guard model included in DAC?

um..no I didn't, that's his choice, if he wants to give share it with DAC, and it's DAC's team who has to do the work and choose if they even want it, that would be up to them(DAC team and Shurshun) to talk about it
    Last edited by King Brian; January 18, 2017 at 07:10 PM.
    "

Started working first on that dragon-slayer shield.
    "

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

nice
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Hey,
    I would like to know if it is possible to make this units work with MOS 1.6.2 and the Reunited Kingdom submod.
    As far as i know the RK submod just adds one additional spear unit to the dwarves , and i would be really glad if someone could provide suggestions how to make it work or just post me a link to a guide or something , iŽd take every piece of information i can get.
    Thanks in Advance

Quote Originally Posted by Finkenstein View Post
    Hey,
    I would like to know if it is possible to make this units work with MOS 1.6.2 and the Reunited Kingdom submod.
    As far as i know the RK submod just adds one additional spear unit to the dwarves , and i would be really glad if someone could provide suggestions how to make it work or just post me a link to a guide or something , iŽd take every piece of information i can get.
    Thanks in Advance
    King Brian has just given me permission to incorporate his units into the next RK release. All hail King Brian!!!

Sorry I haven't logged in in so long, I just stopped modding, maybe in the future I'll pick up the hobby again...definitely if we ever get an official lord of the rings total war lol....anyways I get messages I didn't know about that later make me feel bad cause I didn't respond in time, ANY MODDING TEAM OR INDIVIDUAL who would like to use my work(Iron Foot) has permission SO LONG AS you give credit, if you would like to use the rest of my work which is a mix of stuff I did and models from other authors(the erebor armor) then it's not just me, you have to credit the names of those people too, I wrote their names on the first page of this thread, under "Credits" so they're right there, anyways, have fun, and happy modding.
    "

Was wondering if this sub mod is compatible with the enchanced mos submod, did not seem to find anything saying it was or it wasnt. Thanks

Ah it does seem so! Lovely! This mod looks amazing and i cant wait to see them ingame!

Well it does seem to work, however ive noticed that the rosters of some of the other factions appeared changed. Does this mean they are not completely compatible?

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

If two submods alter the same files then they are not compatible unless stated otherwise.