View Poll Results: Pikemen animation or spearmen animation

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pikeanimation means the weapon's range is increase and the soldiers actually hit with the visible spear point in game, but the animation and soldier model isn't entirely perfect

5 45.45%
  • Spearmen animation means the weapon's 'invisible' range to start hitting enemies is shorter unlike piker, meaning it looks kind off when fighting but the walking, running, form-up animations are perfect.

6 54.55%
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS 1.7_Hobbit Trilogy_Dwarves_Units 5/8/2016 REDONE

Default MOS 1.7_Hobbit Trilogy_Dwarves_Units 5/8/2016 REDONE

This submod brings to MOS the visual look of the dwarves from the Hobbit trilogy...., at first a while back, this mod was simply 3 units from FROGS(Sub-mod to Third Age TW) ported by me to MOS, this would be most of version 1 of this mod down below. Since then I've edited the textures, some slightly, others greately, and gave all units completely new weapons and shields models and textures, thus what you see here for ver.1 is new and fresh in a sense. But in the end, the main figure model of the Erebor dwarves are brought from FROGS and is the only thing unchanged and the people responsible for such a kick ass unit are credited below.

The Iron Hills Dwarves are my work though, that I did manage all on my own....minus the face >.> So let's get to it, I'll walk you through.

The mod comes in three ways, three versions, each adding more and more changes, the idea is, you may want to keep some of the vanilla units, or want it all, so I give you a choice.

Ver1.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

-The dwarven warriors second armor upgrade will look like this:

-Dwarven warriors also receive a third armor upgrade that makes them look like this: (note that they are inside Erebor so no their armor is not this dark)

Axemen of Erebor's upgrade has been switched for this look(I even fixed the misplaced ax, I noticed the left hand would never truly grasp it on the vanilla unit, fix is only on the upgrade)

Iron Guard's look, stats, and role has been completely redone:

Reason for Iron Guard change: During the Hobbit movie, the flashback of the attack of Smaug on Erebor showed iron soldiers on the wall of Erebor posted as >guards< that looked like this, so it felt fitting to change the iron guard of MOS for this.(Edit: I even took a similar picture to the movie)

Dwarven Halberdmen armor change for upgrade:

Ver2.

Has all of the changes above except:

1.Axmen of Erebor have been taken out to make space for Iron Foot Infantry(swordsmen)
    2.Dwarven axemen that can be recruited anywhere have their armor upgrade set up to look like that of axmen of erebor:

Dwarven Axemen(after upg) :

3.Dwarven Pikemen(Vault Wardens) have also been replaced by Iron Foot Pikemen:

This is a new unit that replaces the dwarven pikemen, it is inspired by the movie battle of the five armies, using a completely new figure model and creating a new pike and shield model as well courtesy of moi with their own textures and everything. In terms of stats they can kill trolls much easier with a +3 elephant bonus in the EDU. They and their swordsmen counterpart below are both elites, take 3 turns to recruit, and have high cost and upkeep, plus they can only be recruited in the Iron Hills, but they are very strong, this is all for balance reasons so please understand...and lore reasons....(don't loose them in a stupid way, they aren't invincible you know)

Iron Foot Infantry:

Mattocks of the iron hills:

(honestly, pictures don't do it justice, it looks much better in-game)
    Concerning battle animation: (screw the poll up top lol).

Ver3.

This is everything so far in Ver.2 content plus extra changes to more units and the like.

First off the Wanderers of Ered Luin, change of shield and weapons

Bodyguard unit second upgrade(took out the little spear on the helmet and changed swords and shields...perhaps one day I'll change the armor, but I like it's simplicity(aka I'm lazy)

Guards of Khazad-dhum
    (Moria) Their description says they have mithril enforced armor, I changed the normal map once more, I want the mithril design to stand out but now that I think about it, it is kinda thin so, w.e...shiny shiny

If anything when the sun hits it at the right angle, the design really shines, specially at the back but yea.

###Installation###Main Mod###

-Note: I suggest running the cleaner bat after installing the mod.
    -Note: If you are upgrading from one version to the other, simply overwrite ver 1 with 2, or 2 with 3. if you are going backwards, delete the iron_soldiers folder, replace everything with the vanilla files(link below) and replace files once more with the version you want to play to avoid files from cluttering up and for compatibility reasons.

To install, follow the link, download and extract from the zip.file the folders contained in it, open it with 7zip or WinRAR and then simply open the folder of the version of the mod that you want(ver.1, 2, or 3) and copy/paste the data folder inside it into the Third Age TW folder so it can merge with the data folder there and replace the needed files. The sub-mods folder, is a folder with files and instructions for additional optional changes, information regarding what the submods are about is in the twcenter page of this mod.

Link 1: http://www.mediafire.com/download/xm...ves_Sub-mod.7z

Link 2: http://www.moddb.com/mods/massive-ov...dwarves-submod

Sub-mods

(located in the link as well)

Destructible farms,mines,roads:

This increases the starting money of all factions a bit and makes farms, mines and roads of all factions destructible if you like to change them for your own, for role-playing reasons or when managing population size by destroying a farm and rebuilding(WARNING: NOT save-game compatible, in the sense that it won't crash your game, but those building types will reset and you will have to rebuild them....unless you are playing a campaign that already had these changes done to it)

Campaign Diplomacy/Invasions Script changes:

This sub-mod
    1. gives armor upgrades to the dwarf units that spawn as reinforcements from the Proximus script, after persuading the dwarves
    2. spawns gondorian reinforcements with armor upgrades as well to give them that iconic look
    3. replaces the hobbit infantry_DI unit in export_descr_unit file (not the original hobbit unit lol, they aren't gone from the game, this is a copy unit to be used by the diplomacy/invasion script, cause it has an attributed named 'fpome' that is used by the script to know which units to disband after several turns of fighting and stuff in the campaign) for a copy of Dismounted Arnor MAA(with '_DI' at the end) edited to be used by the diplomacy/invasion script, so Arnor doesn't give you f^@%ing breeland militias and archers when they send their volunteer forces, since after all, it is ARNOR! now not Eriador anymore, it never made sense to me so there, I changed it, depending on the size of their army, you will see various variations in armor upgrades, so you'll get some that have bronze upgrade, or silver or normal(default).

Arnor dunedain armor upgrade and Aragorn bodyguard change:

You will find a text file with instructions inside the folder of this 'sub-mod'. Is not a ready made file you can go and replace, it's simply instructions(for more reasons than one I rather do it like this). The Eriador faction's Dunedain Bodyguard(mounted unit) armor upgrade can be changed to look like Arnor Knights bodyguard unit if you follow the extremely simple and clear instructions I wrote down, I did not leave anything out, although I only explained only what you need to change, just follow the instructions forget about whether you understand why it works or not(although I touched on it briefly).
    Anyways, by the time you transform into Arnor, it should only be a few dozen turns till you reach the required smithy building necessary to get a general inside that city/castle and place them in queue for an upgrade, next time you see them in combat they will look like arnor knights bodyguard like they should realistically speaking since Arnor has been reforged.

There's also instructions for Aragorn's bodyguard unit to change it from mounted to foot, from a range unit to a melee one(in this case, making use of dunedain volunteers unit(which has a sword and shield) so it can eventually be upgraded with the right smithy level into those Dismounted Dunedain Knights(you know the ones, the ones everyone drools over)

I already did this on my own game a while back, and it works, and it looks cool, seeing Aragorn fight on foot(well, I believe that what I wrote in the instructions is everything you need to do for it work, I hope I haven't forgotten anything.............na we're good...............I think well, the instructions have all you need......I believe.

!!ATTENTION!!
    The following fix is already included in the installation links of version 2 and 3( 1 not needing it for obvious reasons), but for those of you who had installed the mod before this day 12/30/2016, here's the fix, you probably experienced a crash with the ally help script, or proximus script, or counter invasion script, because the game was trying to spawn axemen of erebor units(replaced by iron foot infantry) and dwarven pikemen(replaced by iron foot pikemen) when they no longer exist, sorry about that, I had never uploaded the new campaign_script file so....yea...that happened Simply copy the data folder and paste, it doesn't matter if you're playing this mod's version 2 or 3, it works for both.

Emergency patch link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/fiy6tg...gency_patch.7z

Vanilla files.
    (compatibility= MOS1.7 patch05 version) To be used as a way to uninstall.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/hk...nilla_files.7z

###Credits###

For Erebor styled armor model, Thanks to:

-Mr.J for reworking Bucle_CT's dwarven figure model and some textures.
    -Araval for unit cards and texture edits.
    -Bucle_CT for having created the original models in the first place XD

For every weapon(minus halberds') and shield up there and their textures, and reworking the normal maps for the armors:

-Me

For Iron Foot styled armor model and weapons/shield, thanks to:

-Me lol
    -Araval for pointing me in the right direction and practically teaching me essential things I had to learn to mod correctly, otherwise this mod would have never been

Suffice to say, Mr.J and Araval are given permission by me to use my Iron Foot models or anything else in this mod, if it may be of help in the Rise of Mordor mod that is being worked on for Attila TW....I DID go heavy into detail with the models after all, the problem is the textures that need a professional touch, the models on the other hand, if they can be ported to another modeling program, I believe can be used since they don't look crappy or anything.
    Last edited by King Brian; February 25, 2021 at 10:48 AM.

Default Re: MOS1.7-The Hobbit dwarf units

Update(2/12/2016):

Version 1 Done!

Version 2 Done!

Version 3: Done!
    Last edited by King Brian; February 15, 2016 at 06:53 PM.

Pictures ain't working.

Thanks for this update to MOS! I like the improved Dwarven units, and I especially like that you have files for both the 1.7 and Enhanced 1.7 mods. Thanks for uploading!!

EDIT: well, the non-Enhanced version works fine, but when I finally got around to installing the Enhanced version (the full MOS patch I mean), the Enhanced version of the mod you made for the new Dwarven units doesn't work. The game crashes at the MOS splash screen. I re-installed just the vanilla MOS 1.7 Enhanced patch to see if there was a problem there, but the game runs fine (until I install your patch again).

After installing your patch, should I run the Cleaner again or perhaps delete a few files prior to starting a game? I appreciate any insights you might have into this if you're willing.

Thanks!
    Scott
    Last edited by Spoe71; August 23, 2015 at 10:27 AM.

Nice models, however the Iron Guard could use some animation changes for walking, running and attacking. They're supposed to be using spears but their animations are just the same as the dwarven warriors, fixing those animations for the Iron Guard would make them look much better.

o wow I hadn't fixed it back then?....I think I did, I realized that and fixed it in my game back then, but I can't remember if I uploaded the fix........I got windows 10 and lost everything so yea, and for some reason the pictures are gone from my album, so go figure what's going on...um, if the naimations aren't rights, I remember the fix is easy, in battle_models file using notepad++ you simply go to the reference for the iron guard and look up the animation they are using, simply copy paste the one from a spearman unit somewhere and replace it.

Oh wow, I didn't realize you could do that, my bad
    Which ones are the animation files again?

Hi, got a question, after installing this little precious, i found the halberds to be bugged out, they don´t move, and the weapons on the models move erraticly. Like its been before the halberd quickfix. And like darklord mentioned, the animations on the guards should be changed. So a fixed download would be appreciated. If your version is all fine, pls redo the links. Hoping for a reply soon. So long, have a nice day.

Long time shadower, first time poster lol. But I have found the exact solution to the Iron Guard animation problem.

First you must go into export_descr_unit.txt
    Second, you'll need to find the Iron_Guard entry using the Ctrl + F search feature.

Here's where it gets easy.

In the entry you'll see this:

type Iron Guard
    dictionary Iron_Guard ; Iron Guard
    category infantry
    class spearmen
    voice_type Heavy
    banner faction main_spear
    banner holy crusade
    soldier Armored_Sergeants, 60, 0, 1.2
    officer dwarf_captain_early_flag
    officer khazad_guard
    officer khazad_guard
    mount_effect elephant +2
    attributes sea_faring, hide_forest, hardy, can_withdraw, free_upkeep_unit
    formation 1.2, 1.2, 2.4, 2.4, 4, square, shield_wall
    stat_health 1, 2
    stat_pri 11, 5, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, spear, 0, 1
    stat_pri_attr no
    stat_sec 0, 0, no, 0, 0, no, melee_simple, blunt, none, 0, 1
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 15, 3, 5, metal
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 8
    stat_ground 0, -2, 0, 0
    stat_mental 18, disciplined, trained, lock_morale
    stat_charge_dist 15
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 1, 850, 350, 100, 100, 850, 2, 250
    armour_ug_levels 4, 5
    armour_ug_models iron_guard, iron_guard_upg
    ownership moors
    era 0 moors
    era 1 moors
    era 2 moors
    recruit_priority_offset 10

The bold is what you need. This dictates the animation the unit uses. I've already changed it in my own entry, but it'll originally be set to: dwarven_warriors, 60, 0, 1.5. Hence why the Iron Guards fight like a Sword and Board warrior. Armored Sergeants are apparently the animation set used for spearmen...

So just switch it and boom. Correctly animated Iron Guard Spearmen!.

sry I haven't replied to this, I had abandoned the thing and havne't played third age since I got windows 10.....um, your solution is wrong, since the soldier line not only pertains to the animation but the look, if you do what you did, it won't work. I'm going to fix the files on my end, and upload them

i don't see an issue, in export descr units the iron guard have as a soldier model iron_guard, and as armor upgrades(look) at the bottom, iron_guard and iron_guard_upg or however i spelled it( i just closed the file lol) and in battle models file under iron_guard and the upgrade version right below its section, they both have 18 MTW2_Spear_primary as the animation, so yea I had fixed it. As for the halberd quickfix, I don't know anything about that, guess it was never implemented in my mod cause I did this before it came out???

Anyways, I would have to download medieval 2 again, and third age total war, and mos and enhanced mos and oh boy, to see in game if there's actually an issue with the mod, cause from looking at the files I don't see anything(maybe I just forgot some small details, idk).

do i need MOS 1.7 already installed to install this?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Yup

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

hey so I re-uploaded the mod so download this version instead. I got rid of the campaign script file thinking it was too easy to have spawn armies with the armor upgrades, and instead it should be the players job to upgrade them but w.e, you can keep the old mod's campaign script file if you feel like it, I think it's still compatible with MOS if not get rid of it and replace it with the original stuff from MOS...this version should have no animation issues since I just tested everything, pictures are up there too.
    Last edited by King Brian; January 24, 2016 at 08:34 PM.

Hi! Those units look really awesome! But I've tried with the new download and it gives me an error when extracting the files, I've downloaded three times and tried 7z and winrar so the problem is in the file.
    Could you reupload it please?

Quote Originally Posted by mateumutu View Post
    Hi! Those units look really awesome! But I've tried with the new download and it gives me an error when extracting the files, I've downloaded three times and tried 7z and winrar so the problem is in the file.
    Could you reupload it please?
    There's no problem with the file, you're just opening it wrong, after it downloads go to the file itself, right click> 7zip(in my case)>open archive
    Last edited by King Brian; January 29, 2016 at 01:46 PM.
    "Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength" - Teddy Roosevelt
    "
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma...Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice...have the courage to follow your heart and intuition" - Steve Jobs
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, courage is the ability to keep moving forward despite being afraid" - King Brian

Default Re: MOS1.7-The Hobbit dwarf units [UPDATE! Iron Foot Pikemen - 1/7/2016]

Now that' I got the mod working the way I want it so far, I'm gonna go learn on how to change the marching sound of the units, I mean, it's gonna be so awesome if I get them to sound like this --->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5HJ55GAto8 from 0:06 to 0:08

Btw, I've spent hours searching the internet to no avail, trying to find some decent textures for the Iron Foot shields, if you find any by any chance, please PM me with a link or post it here.
    "Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength" - Teddy Roosevelt
    "
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma...Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice...have the courage to follow your heart and intuition" - Steve Jobs
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, courage is the ability to keep moving forward despite being afraid" - King Brian

Ironfoot's Avatar Civis

Default Re: MOS1.7-The Hobbit dwarf units [UPDATE! Iron Foot Pikemen - 1/7/2016]

Last edited by Ironfoot; February 07, 2016 at 09:01 AM.

thank you Ironfoot, I'll consider that one, I remember looking at the picture of some artwork for the movie and for some weird reasont he dwarves seem to be forming up a phalanx of red colored shields like the ones you linked, unlike the grey ones in the movie. Anyways, I just found this

"

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast