View Poll Results: Pikemen animation or spearmen animation

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pikeanimation means the weapon's range is increase and the soldiers actually hit with the visible spear point in game, but the animation and soldier model isn't entirely perfect

5 45.45%
  • Spearmen animation means the weapon's 'invisible' range to start hitting enemies is shorter unlike piker, meaning it looks kind off when fighting but the walking, running, form-up animations are perfect.

6 54.55%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS 1.7_Hobbit Trilogy_Dwarves_Units 5/8/2016 REDONE

Ironfoot's Avatar Civis

Default Re: MOS1.7-The Hobbit dwarf units [UPDATE! Iron Foot Pikemen - 1/7/2016]

Default Re: MOS1.7-The Hobbit dwarf units [UPDATE! Iron Foot Pikemen - 1/7/2016]

Alright, that pike shield took some doing cause the color was all wrong but I got it I think,I have an attachment textures ready that I'll be using to redo all the units in this mod starting now, for all versions, and for all the new weapon/shield and/or armor upgrades(with already existing textures and models) I'm gonna give to other units in the game like not touched by this mod, guards of khazad-dum, dwarven warriors, dwarven wanderers, the mattock warriors and of course the iron foot pike-men, and the nobles I want to change the shield I think but there's something about their armor that loosk very....noble high class like, so maybe we should leave their armor be. Anyways, considering everything I want to do, it's gonna take time......but I'm so freaking excited, I'm so glad I got into modding.
    Last edited by King Brian; February 09, 2016 at 03:04 PM.
    "Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength" - Teddy Roosevelt
    "
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma...Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice...have the courage to follow your heart and intuition" - Steve Jobs
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, courage is the ability to keep moving forward despite being afraid" - King Brian

As for the image you posted Ironfoot, the very tip at the bottom is missing, the side is easy since I only really need either the left or right of the shield to make it symmetrical on both sides, I guess I could draw the missing tip myself using the rest of the image, a mix of clone stamp tool, eraser, and brush...but regardless, I really want to use the dark-grey colored shield for the pikes, what do you think should have a red colored version? Some elite unit? but which.
    Last edited by King Brian; February 07, 2016 at 07:32 PM.
    "Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength" - Teddy Roosevelt
    "
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma...Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice...have the courage to follow your heart and intuition" - Steve Jobs
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, courage is the ability to keep moving forward despite being afraid" - King Brian

delete post please..................honestly we have to be given an option to delete our own posts
    Last edited by King Brian; February 11, 2016 at 08:39 PM.
    "

I cant wait!!!

Waiting for this!

I can't see any of your pictures (please update).

As for images to assist you with Dwarven Armour: http://wetaworkshop.com/projects/the...e-armies-2014/

Weta Works is the shop that did all the Armour for the Hobbit Movies, pretty much everything you ever wanted is on there

Also check out their page for the work they did on the Lord of the Rings

Cheers!

I deleted the pictures from my album and got rid of some others, I can still see the pictures in this thread though, anyways, I was gonna update anyways once I'm done re-doing the mod. And I already know of the website, thanks anyways for trying to help.
    "

Default Re: MOS 1.7-The Hobbit dwarf units [UPDATE! VERSION 1 Revised - 2/12/2016]

Can you please release these dwarves for DaC? Please! Your models look amazing!

Default Re: MOS 1.7-The Hobbit dwarf units [UPDATE! VERSION 1 Revised - 2/12/2016]

well, I doubt it would that hard, considering I already did the work, would simply need to write new text files to redirect everything to the needed models and such....soooooooo yea, I don't mind, I'll do it once I'm done with version 3 here. Once I finish with this submod I could do the same for DAC.
    "

Default Re: MOS1.7-The Hobbit dwarf units

Ctd's whenever i load my old campaign now with the new update :[

Default Re: MOS 1.7-The Hobbit Dwarf Units [UPDATE!!! Versions 1 and 2 Revised - 2/13/2016]

Dammit i cant play third age anymore and reinstalling everything is going to be a pain in the ass. maybe the Descr_Building file is ed up? i dont know why my game doesnt work now

Default Re: MOS 1.7-The Hobbit Dwarf Units [UPDATE!!! Versions 1 and 2 Revised - 2/13/2016]

Will you do a new model for Iron Hills Dwarves?
    Last edited by Sk1p56; February 13, 2016 at 04:00 AM.

Ironfoot's Avatar Civis

Like doing the Iron Hills armor, helmet from the Hobbit BOTFA ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ironfoot View Post
    Like doing the Iron Hills armor, helmet from the Hobbit BOTFA ?
    Indeed.

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Talking about the designs for the Iron Hills, i think the BFME2 Edain mod pretty much nailed it:

This design looks so much better than what we saw in the BOTFA (this is what WETA workshop came up with for the films). I think that the Dwarves need to look unique, not all clones with the same armours and stuff.

@mikesnel I was having issues with some units after changing them when trying to go to custom battle, they would cause a crash after a few seconds in, so I ran the cleaner bat and that obviously fixed the issue battle wise, I'll write a note on it on installation now that you somewhat reminded me of it. Now as far as campaign crashing, I haven't checked mine, maybe I messed something up in the buildings text file but idk what would cause a crash in my mod, I'll go check it out, see if in the log something comes up, and try to figure out what's the deal, I have a campaign of my own that I don't want to redo.
    "

Thanks Brian, love your mod btw good work. Hopefully this issue can be remedied

Well mike, I just ran loaded my campaign and it was all good, it ran fine, changing the name of units, or simply changing unit stats, or the modeldb(the look of units) or anything of the sort is save game compatible, it's the reason why I felt it was odd it would cause a crash, but no. It should be fine. First thing first, run the Cleaner bat file inside the Third Age Folder, after that, if it still happens It has to be something on your end. Here's the deal, go to the main medieval 2 total war folder, after receiving such a crash, and in the logs folder, there should be a file called system. copy and paste the contents here inside a spoiler tag.
    In case you don't know how to write a spoiler, you write [spoiler] like that first, then paste the content and close it with another [spoiler] but with a " / " at the beginning of the word 'spoiler'
    "

My logs folder is empty. i dont know how i ed this up. but now trying to start a new campaign just moves me back to the main menu. i broke my Third Age :/