Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 52021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Download Morning Sun Version 3.3

Default Re: Download Morning Sun Version 3.2

really thx, bro

Hi, has the naval cannon issue been addressed?

Quote Originally Posted by nguyenmaithu View Post
    Yah. Everything okay in previous versions. This only happened from 3.0 version
    That's odd as the only change in the 3.0 version was making more factions playable.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwavek98 View Post
    Hi, has the naval cannon issue been addressed?
    Yes. I made new naval cannons so they fire correctly.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    That's odd as the only change in the 3.0 version was making more factions playable.

Yes. I made new naval cannons so they fire correctly.

I'm afraid some of the cannons aren't firing correctly... All of Joseon's cannons have no range, and do not have the option to use ranged attacks on enemies.
    The same seems to be true for the naval cannons too...

bro ,will u eexpend the map? into south east asia/south asia/middle asia/north asia or to west asia?

I have a couple of questions:

1. Will there be an earlier campaign start date?

2. When will this be uploaded to Steam?

Thanks

for some reason, many of the cannons, especially the ones on the Korean ships, have 0 range and thus cannot fire their cannons. idk what made this happen. i have only tested this in custom battles, not on campaign.

Super late to the party, just discovered this offshoot of Expanded Japan.

Your work is amazing. Thank you.

My game crashed while I was trying to test some units on custom battles ? Hope you can fix them

Is this mod compatible with Kami Total war mod ? My game crashed when loading individual units from this 2 mods into a custom battle.

Default Re: Download Morning Sun Version 2.8

For some reason the powdermaker does not allow me to recruit otomo matchlocks or otomo matchlock samurai. tested with Otomo. How to fix this?

Default Re: Download Morning Sun Version 3.3

Have you created the panokseon, geobukseon, and the other korean ship units yet?

HI the Uesugi faction is disappear in version 3.3 .Please check it Thanks you for the Great mod

The latest files in google drive has issues with Joseon's artillery units.

If you don't use any other mods, the Hwacha/cannon units of Joseon does not have any abilities to fire their weapons.

I found this out after spending almost a week into this game.. (I play like 10 turns a day) so I had to fix this.

Even though I never tried modding a game before, I was able to find the problem and fix it in just few hours!

So folks, if you find problems, try fixing it like how I did and post the solutions to this thread or the bug thread to help others. Below is my solution posted to the bug thread

I used https://github.com/Frodo45127/rpfm/releases (the rpfm pack manager) to edit the file.

I downloaded the morning sun V1 from steam workshop. There is a file callec imjin_data.pack. You will notice that if you open up the ming.pack file, you will notice that the table called gun_type_to_projectiles_tables (Well it's actually a directory, the table name is without the _table part) is missing from it. This table exists in the imjin_data.pack file, so use the rpfm to create a TSV file from imjin_data.pack, then import this into ming.pack.

Notice that this is a table mapping gun types to projectiles type. Open the gun_types table from ming.pack. You will notice that some of the gun types is missing from this table. Add new rows to add these ones in. RPFM shows you what values are available for projectiles, and they have matching names so just use that. For me of particular interest was korea_cannon_earth since I was playing as Joseon. But I made sure to add Ming's cannons too since I am also fighting Ming in the campaign.

Once you've done that, save the file and run the game. You don't need any other imjin mods just the ming ones will suffice.

Shout out to uanime5 for dope mods and also to the developers of RPFM. It's a ing amazing tool. This is my first time ever modding any game or even trying to mod any game, and I done this without reading any manuals whatsoever. Pretty straightfoward if you are familiar around computers.

If anybody wants I can also upload the ming.pack file somewhere. Shoot me a message.

I tweaked Hwacha a little bit as I felt that it's really hard to use since its short range makes it barely usable in siege situations; which they were originally developed for. Hwacha was made to be used against enemy battle platforms, towns, structures - stationary strategic targets. Also the spread is too large. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UImD...hsonianChannel, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQhS...b_channel=ZPUN in all these modern time recreation tests, they form pretty tight grouping. Right now with spread 25 it even hits your friendly units right in front of it.

here are the tweaks I did to make Hwacha great again. (you can clone these rows in the table and switch references so it doesn't affect other rocket arts like ming's rocket units etc

In projectiles_tables/projectiles:

key: korea_rocket {

projectile_number: 20 -> 30 (hey technically they could fire like a hundred of them at a time...)
    effective range: 500 (now you can hit half of the enemy settlements in siege battle)
    spread: 25 -> 13. (I think this is more accurate spread from the videos I seen above)
    Incendiary: very_high -> high. (Since I up'd the number of projectiles it's too fiery)
    base reload time: 30 -> 45 (Since i up'd the num projectiles. Also this makes it useful in siege attacking situations, but not as effective in land battles)
    calibration distance: 400
    calibration area: 55 (this makes it less accurate, since they weren't very accurate. they were more precise rather than accurate)

*** Only if you add new explosion type like I did **** : explosion_type: shogun_rocket -> shingijeon
    }

projectiles_explosions: {
    clone from 'shogun_rocket' with key 'shingijeon' and change reference to this

shingijeon: {
    detonation damange: 3 -> 1 (lower damage a bit)
    particle number: 7 -> 4 (lower overall damage)
    }
    }

overall, this does make Hwacha very useful in attacking siege situations. So I also decided to up the upkeep cost of Hwacha to 350 and recruitment cost to 2000. This is also more accurate since many Korean records complain about the amount of black powder used by hwachas as black powder was very precious in Korea.

Now I only use hwacha during siege battles.

@uanime5 There's another issue when playing Otomo, I can't upgrade the chapel to either mission or hospital. I also noticed a problem in the techtree with Otomo, at essense of spirit tech, there's no hospital (upgrade building for chapel).

Thank you for making this wonderful mod!

Hi

I noticed the nanban tradeship has the same problem with the other cannon units. The cannon have little to no range, is there fix for this?

Quote Originally Posted by adiosamigos View Post

If you don't use any other mods, the Hwacha/cannon units of Joseon does not have any abilities to fire their weapons.

I found this out after spending almost a week into this game.. (I play like 10 turns a day) so I had to fix this.

Even though I never tried modding a game before, I was able to find the problem and fix it in just few hours!

So folks, if you find problems, try fixing it like how I did and post the solutions to this thread or the bug thread to help others. Below is my solution posted to the bug thread

If anybody wants I can also upload the ming.pack file somewhere. Shoot me a message.

Hello, if you don't mind could you post the patched files somewhere??
    I want to enjoy the mod but this problem has kept me from play it...
    And I don't know how to fix it myself
    And the Hwacha tweaks sound awesome!
    I would greatly appreciate it if you could share the files...

Quote Originally Posted by adiosamigos View Post

Hi, do you mind sharing the fixed file? Thank you very much.

Hi! Can you make a mirror for the first file? the "ming" file. It shows 300+ mb before downloading but when I download it, it quickly finishes to 75 mb...weird...