Thread: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

Contrary to Basil, I cannot speak Swedish, so I can't comment on the merits of the content itself, but I'll take the account of Samhällsnytt, the unoficial mouthpiece of Swedish Democrats and convicted criminal Kent Ekeroth with a pinch of salt. Anyway, advocating for collective punishment seems like an idea directly copied from an authoritarian textbook, although, as I mentioned earlier, imprisoning and expelling all the far-right activists and their fans would certainly generate an interesting discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Americans are getting verbally dumber and that's thanks to liberal academic education.
    I am not sure what the Twitter source claimed, but that's not what the abstract of the article says. Lamenting on the quality of the education system, without even spending one minute to read your source is rather contradictory, Basil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Sylva View Post
    How trashy TV made children dumber and enabled a wave of populist leaders
    Nice article corroborated by academic research. In my opinion, the correlation between trash channels and low cognitive skills does not necessarily imply causation, but it has must have played a significant role. It's true that nowadays the attention span of adults is declining, while an almost complete lack of critical thinking is present even in persons who have obtained a university-level degree. Garbage TV shows are partially responsible, while social media have exacerbated this trend, as they encourage you to blindly endorse the title of the article or even the spammer's personal interpretation of it, without spending any minute, in order to properly examine its credibility and the strength of the arguments. There is an entire generation of young men and women totally unaccustomed to reading and thinking and seemingly only capable of communicating with inflammatory slogans and memes.

Google Translator helps for any language inconvenience.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Sylva View Post
    Not true.

Conservative, right-wing media ala Berlusconi's mediaset TV with its low quality entertainment ala talkshows made people dumber:

How trashy TV made children dumber and enabled a wave of populist leaders

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.13ddf4dde4f3
    I can’t get past the paywall.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

You have the option to read a certain number of free articles from the WP.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Another filthy Marxist liberal vermin that wants to exterminate white people.
    Last edited by alhoon; July 26, 2019 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Disruptive - promoting illegal activities part removed

Bah, that piece is two years old, your Twitter source seems to be running out of triggering material.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdülmecid I View Post
    Bah, that piece is two years old, your Twitter source seems to be running out of triggering material.
    Oh don't worry about that. The liberal academia pops up braindead Marxists every year, I'll have endless material.

Speaking of Twitter sources, the one about Sweden is Izabella Nilsson Jarvandi. Swedish-Iranian 15 years old or something activist. We must protect her smile from the liberals.
    Last edited by alhoon; July 26, 2019 at 05:51 PM. Reason: continuity

Then the Twitter account is just lazy, he's recycling old stories his readers already forgot, instead of properly searching in far-right blogs for new material, like our tireless Isabelle. I recommend unfollowing him.

And in the most predictable twist of events, liberal intellectuals are calling for the establishment of a tyranny of .... liberal intellectuals to ''solve the problems of society'' ranging from inequality to climate change.
    https://www.linkiesta.it/it/article/...-futuro/42914/

Their model? Well, China of course. We totally never tried this before and everyone knows that intellectuals are notorious for their integrity as well as in touch with society's problems.
    The conflict is inevitable: liberalism against democracy. Liberals against the people.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

the SC is now a GOP tool to circumvent the legislature, i am shook. its hilarious though, the US defence budget is so obscene, this is lost pocket change.

Two US citizens have confessed to a fatal knife attack on a Carabinieri police officer in Rome, Italian police said on Saturday.

The 19-year-old suspects were arrested for alleged murder and attempted extortion after police found them hiding in a hotel room.
    Mario Cerciello Rega, 35, was fatally stabbed in Rome's central Prati district near the Vatican early Friday morning.

https://www.dw.com/en/us-tourists-co...cer/a-49765548

I'm really interested, if the two US-Boys will be sentenced to forced labor...

Interior Minister Matteo Salvini expressed anger on Friday after police said the perpetrator was "probably an African citizen."

"I am sure that they will catch him, and that he will pay in full for his violence with forced labor in jail as long as he lives," the far-right politician tweeted.
    There are no provisions for forced labor in prison in Italy, according to news agency DPA.

As the two came from California is this ethnical cleaning of Italy by those damn Libruls?

Your second link doesn't match your claim, but liberal lies are nothing new.

Nonetheless, the guy married a month ago. Those who imbecilles deserve death sentence.

It match the claim:

US tourists confess to fatal stabbing of Italian police officer

The 19-year-old suspects confessed after they were arrested for alleged murder and attempted extortion. Italy's Interior Minister Matteo Salvini had vowed that those responsible "will pay in full."

Two US citizens have confessed to a fatal knife attack on a Carabinieri police officer in Rome, Italian police said on Saturday.
    The 19-year-old suspects were arrested for alleged murder and attempted extortion after police found them hiding in a hotel room.
    Mario Cerciello Rega, 35, was fatally stabbed in Rome's central Prati district near the Vatican early Friday morning.
    Read more: Italian-Canadian police operation targets 'ndrangheta mafia clan
    Stabbed by muggers
    Cerciello Rega and other officers were involved in a plainclothes operation against two muggers at around 3 a.m. local time.
    The muggers had stolen a backpack from a man, later saying they would return his belongings in exchange for €100 ($110) and a gram of cocaine.

News

US tourists confess to fatal stabbing of Italian police officer

The 19-year-old suspects confessed after they were arrested for alleged murder and attempted extortion. Italy's Interior Minister Matteo Salvini had vowed that those responsible "will pay in full."

Read more: Italian-Canadian police operation targets 'ndrangheta mafia clan
    Stabbed by muggers
    Cerciello Rega and other officers were involved in a plainclothes operation against two muggers at around 3 a.m. local time.
    The muggers had stolen a backpack from a man, later saying they would return his belongings in exchange for €100 ($110) and a gram of cocaine.
    Cerciello Rega was known for helping out his community and volunteer work, Italian media have reported

The man reported the crime and attempted extortion to the police and set up a meeting point with the thieves.
    Police showed up to the meeting and were attacked with a knife. Cerciello Rega sustained eight stab wounds and later died of his injuries in hospital.
    'Mario was a lovely lad'
    The case has shocked Italy, with mourners coming to leave bouquets of flowers outside the police station where he worked.
    Interior Minister Matteo Salviniexpressed anger on Friday after police said the perpetrator was "probably an African citizen."
    "I am sure that they will catch him, and that he will pay in full for his violence with forced labor in jail as long as he lives," the far-right politician tweeted. There are no provisions for forced labor in prison in Italy, according to news agency DPA.

Cerciello Rega had been married for just over a month when he was killed and recently celebrated a birthday.
    "Mario was a lovely lad," Sandro Ottaviani, the commander of Rome's Piazza Farnese Carabinieri station, told ANSA. "He never held back at work and he was figurehead for the whole district."

Your second link doesn't match your claim, but liberal lies are nothing new.

Nonetheless, the guy married a month ago. Those who imbecilles deserve death sentence.
    That's actually because the claim is confirmed in the first link rather than the second. Not sruprised that Salvini immediately jumped to some assumptions. But speaking of lies... I did go ahead and look into the whole AOC thing crying over empty parking lots.

Quote Originally Posted by ep1c_fail View Post
    Allow me to reiterate: no one batted an eye lid at his tweets; only a few articles were written about them; no one was outraged; they didn't make headline news; this wasn't the first time in over a century that the House has formally rebuked a President's comments; the moon is made of cheese and; you aren't embarrassing yourself by being arbitrarily contrarian.

I can only agree: Cortez is an impartial observer with humanitarian expertise who definitely didn't use her visit to the border to attention seek and self aggrandize. Her reaction the the conditions was entirely authentic.

Well, it turns out that the only thing that wasn't entirely "authentic" was the criticism against AOC.

Politifact.

A viral image of Ocasio-Cortez at a 2018 demonstration at a Texas town on the U.S.-Mexico border includes the caption, "AOC weeps over empty parking lot."

Photographers at the scene who took photos of Ocasio-Cortez say she was not facing a parking lot. Rather she was just beyond the toll plaza for the Tornillo facility, and she standing on a road that led to the Tornillo tent complex, which was in the line of her gaze, as she stood at the fence. Pictures by other outlets also confirm the location.

We rate this claim False.
    Imagine my surprise.

''Politifact'' the site that takes money from George Soros via Poynter but in its fact-checking evaluates such claim as ''inaccurate''.
    Rofl.
    https://www.politifact.com/florida/a...george-soros-/

It also claims to be ''non-partisan'' despite the fact that it's so far left that doesn't see truth.

https://capitalresearch.org/article/...fact-checkers/
    Here's exactly why fact-checkers are dishonest Ministries of Truth that should be mocked mercilessly as the scum of society they are: they are all lying liberals with no inch of intellectual integrity and that will lie in front of evidence. Take that trash to some liberal college retard who has been brainwashed and is unable to think coherently.

''Politifact'' the site that takes money from George Soros via Poynter but in its fact-checking evaluates such claim as ''inaccurate''.
    Rofl.
    https://www.politifact.com/florida/a...george-soros-/

It also claims to be ''non-partisan'' despite the fact that it's so far left that doesn't see truth.

https://capitalresearch.org/article/...fact-checkers/
    Here's exactly why fact-checkers are dishonest Ministries of Truth that should be mocked mercilessly as the scum of society they are: they are all lying liberals with no inch of intellectual integrity and that will lie in front of evidence. Take that trash to some liberal college retard who has been brainwashed and is unable to think coherently.
    It's funny how they're so "fake" that you can't debunk them.

Are they supported by Poynter? Yes.
    Did Poynter receive money from Soros? Yes.
    Pants on fire!

Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyama View Post
    That's actually because the claim is confirmed in the first link rather than the second. Not sruprised that Salvini immediately jumped to some assumptions. But speaking of lies... I did go ahead and look into the whole AOC thing crying over empty parking lots.

Well, it turns out that the only thing that wasn't entirely "authentic" was the criticism against AOC.

Politifact.

Imagine my surprise.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The cope is real

I don't think Politifact has any more pants to burn. Certainly their reputation.